Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Disney Autograph books        (Topic#1467901)
Kathy Heilmann
Veteran
Kathy Heilmann
In response to MavsFan41

I made a homemade autograph book for my two kids before we went to Disney World this past April, I decorated the covers but left the inside pages blank because you never know which characters you are going to run into and I didn't want to create a lot of bad feelings if we didn't get a chance to see so-and-so. I held the pages together with loose-leaf rings (decorated with ribbons) so that after we got back I could rearrange the pages into a more logical order. I had the characters sign only the right side, and I added a photo of my child with the character on the facing page. We didn't fill up the autograph book with autographs so I used the extra pages like a photo album of some favorite photos from our trip. My kids really like their books.

Disney World Autograph book #1 By Kathy Heilmann

Disney World Autograph book #2 By Kathy Heilmann

Also, when I had taken apart their books to rearrange the autographs I also scanned the best autograph from each character (they signed both books but inevitably one was neater than the other) and then printed the scans out at reduced size on cardstock. Then I cut these mini-autographs out and am using them on my scrapbook pages (still a work in progress).

Kathy

JaineParr
Veteran
JaineParr
In response to live4scrappin

I made cards that the characters could sign because you never know who you will meet. I didn't decorate the cards, other than ink the edges in bright colors. I made 18 cards and almost ran out but a Cast Member gave me a few extras. If you want signatures and you have good timing or are willing to stand in lines, you can get lots and lots of signatures and photos. Did you know that Goofy is left handed?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Kathy Heilmann

• Kathy Heilmann Said:
I made a homemade autograph book for my two kids before we went to Disney World this past April, I decorated the covers but left the inside pages blank because you never know which characters you are going to run into and I didn't want to create a lot of bad feelings if we didn't get a chance to see so-and-so. I held the pages together with loose-leaf rings (decorated with ribbons) so that after we got back I could rearrange the pages into a more logical order. I had the characters sign only the right side, and I added a photo of my child with the character on the facing page. We didn't fill up the autograph book with autographs so I used the extra pages like a photo album of some favorite photos from our trip. My kids really like their books.

Also, when I had taken apart their books to rearrange the autographs I also scanned the best autograph from each character (they signed both books but inevitably one was neater than the other) and then printed the scans out at reduced size on cardstock. Then I cut these mini-autographs out and am using them on my scrapbook pages (still a work in progress).

Kathy

WOW! Great work Kathy! I'm of the same thought- make it generic and have the characters always sign on one page (make it left or right - right's probably easier because you can flip to book back to that page and then do a pic on the facing page. I also like the idea of a large oversized pen for the characters with gloves. I never even though to do an autograph book when I go to Disneyland. Then again, I'm not a big fan of crowds and waiting in line for stuff so I tend to avoid things like that. The last time I was there was 1999 New Years! Talk about CROWDS! OMG!

Anyway- have a great trip!

Scrapbookjuls
Veteran
Scrapbookjuls
In response to Seaexplore

we did all the easy ones the seven darfs, robin hood and frier tuck, the sherrif. Piglet, Tiggger, Pooh the country bears, aladdin, jasmine and the genie! we did wait and hour and half to see mickey but the line was snail pace and we hadn't even been to a half the park! so we moved on!

Technique Tuesday, LLC
Veteran
Technique Tuesday, LLC
In response to Scrapbookjuls

These are all such great ideas!

live4scrappin
Expert
live4scrappin
In response to Technique Tuesday, LLC

Wow those autograph books are awesome!

So if I make blank pages I will be able to make out the signatures in the end. My fear is that the handwriting would be unreadable. Boy these books are really causing me anxiety. I havent started on the books right now I am making memory game cards with a Disney theme.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee

• Kathy Heilmann Said:

Kathy

Wow, those are really nice albums!

Kathy Heilmann
Veteran
Kathy Heilmann
In response to live4scrappin

• live4scrappin Said:
Wow those autograph books are awesome!

So if I make blank pages I will be able to make out the signatures in the end. My fear is that the handwriting would be unreadable. Boy these books are really causing me anxiety. I havent started on the books right now I am making memory game cards with a Disney theme.

No problem reading the autographs. The characters get lots of practice signing. And the signatures are evocative of the character's personality. It's fun! The characters with gloves or paws that prevent them from signing use a stamp.

musica620
Idol
musica620

Don't forget the Alice in Wonderland characters! They were the most fun. The Queen of Hearts wouldn't give my son his autograph book back for a while. She kept moving it when he tried to take it. The Mad Hatter had to take different crazy pictures with my dd and her friends. We found them near the tea cup ride. The group rooms for the main characters were the best for us. We had to wait a little while, but we had more time with them. They are in Toon Town. We did the character dinner with Pooh and his friends, and my dd just happened to be chosen as chef of the day. She got to spend time decorating cupcakes with all the characters and we had lots of photo ops! They signed her chef hat.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics