Username Post: Trick to using stickles?        (Topic#1468135)
married05
Idol
married05

I just bought my first 3 bottles of stickles... is there a trick to making them work right? The stardust worked fine - the waterfall and silver just came out as clear glue. Do you guys think the ones I have are just defective or does it take a while for them to work properly? Thanks!

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to married05

I always shake mine b4 I use them. After I'm done w/mine I stand the bottle upright and tap it many times on my desk top a bit hard to force the glue that is in the tip back down into the bottle to avoid clogging and it works just fine.
If I don't shake my bottles to mix the glue w/the glitter I too get the glue 1st. Glitter always seems to settle at the bottom, even w/the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.
So...shake shake shake!

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25
In response to spend2much

Where the clear ones harder to squeeze out? Sometimes I have a problem with clogs coming out of the hole, and have to shake up a few times.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to ScrappinChic25

I just got my Stickles last week! I got the waterfall, too, and had problems with it. I used my paper piercer (as it was the only thing within reach that would work) and stuck it down the tube, kind of swirling it around to mix up the glitter. I never thought about just shaking it to see if that would work, though, I'll have to try that next time.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to mariposa326

Thanks! I'll try shaking it and if not, I'll grab my paper piercer.

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to married05

I read some where in a forum that using a paper clip works better than the paper piercer and it does. Now I always use a paper clip instead of the paper piercer.
I usually push the paper clip thru the tip b4 using it just in case some of the glue is left in the tip then shake shake shake. I've never had any problems w/the way I do this whole unclog and shake process.

Edited by spend2much on 06-22-08 09:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GingerH
Diva
GingerH

thanks i was having this problem also. I use a straight pin.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to GingerH

I just used a needle to push threw the hole and it was fine after that

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to GingerH

The paper clip was suggested since it's thicker than a straight pin or the paper piercer so it unclogs the thick build up of glue in the tip of the bottle better than the other 2 ways mentioned.

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131

Thanks for your tips. I was a bit frustrated, I actually cut a bigger tip, then I got a blob or I had to be super careful!!!!
Still waiting for more colors to arrive! Like the finished look if it works out OK!!!!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to gayle3131

I'm so glad it's not just me. I was about to stick a needle or something into the tip, but I was really afraid I'd screw up the bottle.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to married05

I have waterfall. Just shake them up and turn them completely upside down and tap to get the glitter to the tip.

then if it's still coming out thin and clear use a pin to clear the nozzle

Edited by GTGW on 06-22-08 07:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-25-08 04:08 AM
In response to Just G

I use a thumbtack because it was the closest thing to me at the time. I also shake the bottle (shake the bottle for Glimmer Mist as well) to get it all mixed up. Before I start using it on something, I start a little bit on a separate piece of paper just to get it going.

The only thing I don't like about Stickles is having to lay something aside until it dries, otherwise, I need more.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics