Username Post: Printing E-Cuts alphabets?        (Topic#1468327)
New Kid On the Block

I'm thinking about ordering some E-Cuts alphabets, but am curious if you have to print the entire alphabet? Or can you just type the words you want and print those letters specifically?

Also, if anyone can give their opinion on how they like using E-Cuts (either alphabets or other embellishments), I'd love to hear!

Thanks,
Ronda
Products Referenced in This Post:

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to RondaJean

Okay, I tried to post and lost it, so if this posts twice, my apologies!

I ordered the Zoo E-cut alpha last week. It is a PDF on 8.5x11 for printing. You have to print them all and if you need more than one of a certain letter, you have to print that many copies. I had to print 3 times to get enough A's for "A Day at the Zoo". I printed them on linen-like paper (leftover letterhead), but you can print them on cardstock or regular paper, too.

But they are the perfect size (about large postage stamp size) for monogram deco squares.

And for the price, I think they are worth it. And I really like the ones you attached in your post; I may order them as well.

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to RondaJean

Okay, I tried to post and lost it, so if this posts twice, my apologies!

I ordered the Zoo E-cut alpha last week. It is a PDF on 8.5x11 for printing. You have to print them all and if you need more than one of a certain letter, you have to print that many copies. I had to print 3 times to get enough A's for "A Day at the Zoo". I printed them on linen-like paper (leftover letterhead), but you can print them on cardstock or regular paper, too.

But they are the perfect size (about large postage stamp size) for monogram deco squares.

And for the price, I think they are worth it. And I really like the ones you attached in your post; I may order them as well.

Mommy2Malachy
Pro
Mommy2Malachy
In response to tmmvol

I don't really remember the names of the ones I got, but I have bought several. And it all depends on the artist. Some are one big page, and same are a bunch of individual images.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Mommy2Malachy

As for ecuts, what you see on the 8.5x11 sheet they're on, that's what prints on one sheet. You can copy and paste just the elements you want into Word (or photoshop, but I don't have that) so you can print exactly the elements you want w/o wasting ink on the rest. You can also resize them in Word too.

I like printing my ecuts on photo paper--matte or semi gloss are my favorites. Although if you print the metal looking ones on glossy they look cool too. Otherwise you can print on cardstock, vellum, transparencies, anything really! One hint if you print on photo paper and want to write journaling/doodling on them--use slick writers so it doesn't smear.

Here are a couple of my lo's where I used ecuts:

(no title)
By Scraprabbit

October (1998)
By Scraprabbit

Mother's Day 1
By Scraprabbit

Christmas Treasures
By Scraprabbit

Christmas kids
By Scraprabbit

Permissions Topic Options