Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What are your Favorite products?        (Topic#1468505)
armyscraper
Veteran
armyscraper

Hello everyone. I am new and I was wondering what everyone's favorite products and by whom? I have some things, but not too much and before I go out and buy a lot of stuff I was wondering what works best for you.

Also if you tried a product and absolutly hated it inclue that too!

For example: Stamps: Stamp'n Up
Tools:
Paper:
Ect!

Thanks~
Jenn

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx
In response to armyscraper

Tools: Sizzix Bigshot, Cricut, Cuddlebug, xyron Sticker Maker, Shaped Hole Punchs, exp. the corner kind.
Paper: Bazzil definetly to start off with. im in love with too many to name its all a personal preference though.
Etc: Eyelets, Brads, Stencils, Jolee stickers. Rubons, Stitches.

wow. now i want to go shopping :/

Gamma Rena
Diva
Gamma Rena
In response to imajellybeanx

Favorites,,
cutter bee scissors, cutterpede,cropadile,(for eyelets and close to the edge hole punches,) Karen foster Click it, for hole punches anywhere on a page, INKS,, INKS,, chalks, Cricut Expression, Templates,,

Love the quickie glue pen! and glue rollers, and my markers and pens, metalic, glitter,, and stickles are fun!

I love Daisy D's , K & Co, ,,I could go on and on about paper,, I'm a paperaholic!!!!!!

I like to use brads, eyelets, fibers,

did not like,, the silent setter

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Gamma Rena

OH Boy.. I have WAY too many favorites to list~~ LOL

New Kid On the Block
In response to SQ Mandi

Hmmmm...my favorites...so many. Definitely Cutterbug scissors (sharpest and best for detail cutting), my corner punch gets used a lot, I use my Critcut a lot and I only have three different fonts but I always can find what I need for a LO,as far as a must is a paper trimmer! Good luck with your new hobby!

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_

my favorite tool is my cricut. i also love my scrapartus for eyelets, and cricut paper trimmer i couldn't scrap without, and a small tool additon kit (just the addition kit) from memories makers that had essentials like a glue stick pen, exacto knife, metal ruler,stylus, etc.i'm not big on gadgets and gizmos, so that's about it for tools. for embelishments i am a new addict to stickles because i love adding glitter and sparkle, and prima flowers. i have been a long time love of just about any 3d sticker from jolee's or 3d looking sticker from Bo Bunny press.

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I LOVE Basic Grey paper and Scenic Route paper
Tim Holtz ink pads
K & Company embellies

Rowan
Rowan 
Veteran
Rowan
  • Rowan on 06-25-08 07:29 AM

I started out without a trimmer and now that I have one can't live without it!

So...

Tools: Trimmer
Paper: Love Love Love the Bazzill cardstock.
ect: brads, gluedots, ribbon

Edited by Rowan on 06-25-08 07:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to Rowan

• Rowan Said:
I started out without a trimmer and now that I have one can't live without it!

So...

Tools: Trimmer
Paper: Love Love Love the Bazzill cardstock.
ect: brads, gluedots, ribbon

I agree. You also need a great pair of scissors, a ruler (to make sure you line everything up just right) and I love my Basic Grey Magnetic mat.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Tia Hokee

hmm...they are all listing good things to use!

i use my paper trimmer and ruler ALL the time. it allowes me to get frames and borders to fit right.

i have a tendency to lean towards the DCWV stacks. i think there are a lot of choices without breaking the bank. and i dont let myself buy more paper until a certain percentage is gone. an incentive that almost works

and a really good adhesive. got to have the pics stay in place!

happy shopping!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Lamoo12

Paper trimmer, ink (never used it before this site and now use it all the time), the Chatterbox stencils are awesome!
Bazzill cardstock rocks ... A corner rounder is nice to have too.

I love my Cricut!!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to peenut_23

Some of my favorites...
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (great quality) & Autumn Leaves (good quality for the $)
Tools:Silhouette, Basic Grey magnetic cutting mat, Heidi Swapp petite paper piercer, Cutterbee Scissors, Basic Grey file set, Bazzill in stitchz templates, Color Box Cat's Eye ink pads, Making Memories circle cutter set
Paper:Love them all...especially
Cardstock: Bazzill & DCWV
PP: Basic Grey , Making Memories , Crate Paper
Other faves: Prima flowers, ribbons, brads, journal stickers, stamps, or rub-ons, flourish stickers, stamps, or rub-ons, stickles
Adhesives: Tombo & Glue Dots

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 06-25-08 02:27 PM
In response to luv2scrap:)

Favorite tool: QuicKutz Revolution
Favorite Paper: Bazzil, Die Cuts With a View and
many others
Adhesive: Herma & Sailors glue, xyron x
The most important thing is my Canon Camera & lenses.
Favortie Scrapbook: Colorbook

JaineParr
Veteran
JaineParr

Let's see. I've got a 14" ruler, a craft mat and a glass mat, I've got a craft knife, an assortment of paintbrushes, a paper trimmer, a bone folder, a set of hole punches and eyelet setters, and a pair of Tim Holtz scissors. Those are the basic tools I need to have when I'm cropping.

The absolute bare minimum? Ruler, paper trimmer, adhesive, pen. And paper and photos...

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to JaineParr

No way can I pick out favorites.. but it all starts and stop for me with Bazzill cardstock, a paper trimmer and adhesive. Without those 3 things I can't scrap..

I'm a paper junkie.. I love BasicGrey .. Scenic Route and Bo Bunny Press probably more than most other papers..

I love my chalks and inks. And you must have a great black pen..and also a great white pen that write well on textured cardstock.

Fleur De Lis
Tenant
Fleur De Lis
In response to raindancer

I second Basic Grey paper. I also love 7Gypsies paper, the problem is I cannot bring myself to use them , because they are soooo beautiful.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to raindancer

For someone who is new to this hobby, I have a ton of stuff. Now, I just need to use it!

Some of my favorites are as follows:

Tools:
**paper trimmer (I have two: Making Memories for home and Fiskars rotary for crops)
** Fiskars squeeze punch (the daisy one)
**3M 714 ATG gun
**Crop-a-dile big bite

Organization:
** Clip It Up (how did I ever get by without it?)

Stamps:
**Autumn Leaves: Flowers and Swirls (clear stamps)
**I have lots of the "old fashioned" Stampin Up! and DOTS rubber stamps that I like, too.

Paper -- Many lines have some I love and some I hate. But I tend to like:
**DCWV cardstock (buy on sale at Joann's; I use this more than anything else.)
**Paper Crate (bought one pack, beautiful)
**K & Company (rec as a gift, lovely)
** Bo Bunny (I only have a couple sheets, but find myself drooling over the paper online)

Embellishments:
**Stickles
**Punched paper flowers (using my Fiskars Squeeze punch)
**brads
**eyelets
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by melissa_1959 on 06-25-08 10:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Fleur De Lis
Tenant
Fleur De Lis
In response to Fleur De Lis

For me, the absolute bare minmum consists of paper (doesn't have to be patterned), stamps (the possibilieties are endless!), inks, glue, trimmer, scissors, and, maybe, some bling or ribbons.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-26-08 07:16 AM
In response to Fleur De Lis

Man oh man...where to start!

I have a ton of stuff but this list is the things I tend to pull out for almost every LO!

Tools: Cricut Expression, Personal Trimmer (CM), 12" straight trimmer (CM), Custom cutting system w/ self-healing mat...I use the circles & ovals most often (CM), multipurpose tool...great for lifting small things or scooting a mat just a bit (CM), scissors (CM)

Adhesive: Fiskars photo squares and ZIG 2-way glue pen

Paper: Not too terribly picky. I have various brands/sizes/colors/textu res. I have some Stampin' Up, Creative Memories, Close to my Heart and then a lot of others as well. I am not a paper snob! In fact, I have ugly papers someone gave me that I cannot bear to waste b/c I just might find a use for them! I also always keep on hand a pack of white cardstock and a pack of black cardstock.

Miscellaneous: Pens, embellishments, stamps, ink (I use these rarely in SBing...mostly on cards) and whatever else you can find!

I'm sure I could find a thousand more things that are my favorites. I am definitely a supply collector!

LOL...I was reading over my post and realized I use a lot of Creative Memories products. I am a huge fan of their tools although I do not use a lot of the papers/stickers/etc. I had a friend who sold it and got me into scrapbooking in a big way. I had some things before then, but ended up buying almost all of their tools. I am glad I did because I use them all the time. I've found that when I've tried another brand/version of the same tool that I nearly always prefer the CM stuff.

Edited by LeahDee on 06-26-08 07:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babynme8
Expert
babynme8
In response to LeeLo

Cardstock: Bazzill
Printed Paper: Basic Grey , American Crafts
Adhesive: xyron
Embellishments: Queen & Co., Doddle Bug
All Rub Ons

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics