Username Post: Album advice please        (Topic#1468871)
smboy 
New Kid On the Block
  • smboy on 06-27-08 08:31 AM

Hi, I need expertise. I need a binder for a 200 page scrapbook. 12x12 pages. What about Avery extra wide? Every scrapbook I see is the not sturdy or lg. enough

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to smboy

Wow, 200 pages?! So 100 sheets, front and back?

I've never seen an album that would hold that much. Are you sure you want that? It would be REALLY heavy!!

I use the Hiller/ We R Memory Keepers 3-ring albums. It's about 2".
I just counted my full album, and I have 41 pages (82 layouts front-back). It may be possible to squeeze 50 pages, but no way 100.

I know you can buy binders at least up to 5" wide at office supply stores, but I doubt you'd find a 12x12 size.

Good luck.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to smboy

I have search high & low for a thicker album (3 plus inches) and even tried several ways to make one and my advice would be to split your 100-200 pages into two albums. (not sure if it was 100 double sided)

You can expand post albums, but they get very wobbly.
You can try larger rings but it gets very difficult to turn the pages. Think about having to move each page across/around a 4" or 5" ring. (I tried both larger loose leaf rings and loose jumbo key rings.)

And even if you could make this album and turn the pages the whole thing gets too heavy to manage and gets all floppy on you. You have rest the whole thing on a table to look at it. The left hand side of a two page spread ends up being several inches apart from the right hand side.
And again there is the whole weight of the thing. The pages start to crush each other and the whole album is tought to carry.
[Someday I am going to make a custom album with a four inch spine & wooden covers.]

But for now, I recommend d-ring albums. The rings are 3" (or 3 1/2"). This is the best I have found.
PS the post extensions do work but don't go all nuts and add like 2" worth that's when the album starts to go all wobbly.

smboy 
New Kid On the Block
  • smboy on 06-27-08 05:35 PM
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Thanks for the advice. The album is heavy already. I antisipated 200 pg. to finish. "All Sean's Firsts" (my grandson's first step, tooth, swing, time at carnival, day of school, birthday, etc.) I did spend some time on-line and Avery makes an extra wide D ring 5" binder. It reads fits top loading presentation paper. I assume it may work. I guess I just though other people did big scrapbooks. I know it will be heavy but I loved the idea. If anyone knows of the wide binder please let me know.

Froggie1rw
New Kid On the Block
Froggie1rw
In response to smboy

Have you thought about doing it this way:

One Year Old - All of his firsts for this year

Two Years Old - All of his firsts for this year
and so on.

I was doing the same thing for my nephew and ended up with the same problem. I put each year in a separate book. All of the books are the same color though.

Hope this helps.

Rhonda

Edited by Froggie1rw on 06-27-08 06:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kimba617
Resident
kimba617
In response to Froggie1rw

I have a Pioneer SnapLoad album.. it does get pretty heavy but it can accomodate up to 300 pages so you should be all set.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics