Username Post: Alternative to Cricut machine??        (Topic#1469015)
kellysantina
Tenant
kellysantina

I badly need something that will cut letters out of card stock/custom paper. Stickers/chipboard letters are a hassle to keep purchasing and the Cricut machine plus the cartridges are all together too expensive right now.

Are there any cheaper machines that cut custom letters out in different fonts?

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-28-08 02:43 PM
In response to kellysantina

silhouette.

you won't have to buy carts. just the machine. you can cut any tt font on your computer and you dl tons for free.

plus you can cut free shapes and create your own.

does need a computer though.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 06-28-08 02:48 PM
In response to ELynn

or check the quickuts die sets?

Puppydog Jammies
Diva
Puppydog Jammies
In response to ELynn

i have a Wishblade ...they are pink...

total chaos
Veteran
total chaos
In response to Puppydog Jammies

I have the Silhouette and about 450 different fonts to play with.

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to total chaos

Oh thanks gor this thread/message....

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to miniscraper

Not to sound weird or anything, but I love handcutting my letters. I don't have access to any of the new machines, and although I own a Sizzix, I don't own any ABC's. So I hand cut what I want. It's time consuming and a lot of work, but I don't mind doing it. By now, I've got a system worked out so it works well for me. I just print what I want on regular printer paper in mirror image (so it's backwards) then I glue it to what I want the letters cut from (cardstock, chipboard...) then I cut out. Sometimes if I'm lucky, I can carefully tear off the printer paper. It works for me. Just thought I'd share my own way of doing it.

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to KristaDee

I normally cut them out.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to KristaDee

what about the cuttlebug?!?! it has alpha sets and not only the alpha you can get some die cuts as well. this machine works with all the dies out there. I have used bosskut, cuttlebug, sixxiz and quikuts dies in my cuttlebug. love it and you can use cpns for the machine as well as the dies hope that helps

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-28-08 07:34 PM
In response to Briannasmom

I have the Silhouette, love it. But your still talking a couple hundred dollars. The Bigkick diecut machine can adapt to all brands dies, so that would give you alot of choices, but that would add in the $$ too. If you have a the money, Silhouette would beyour best bet. Unless the chipboard you use is reall thick, it doesn't cut the thicker stuff very well.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics