Username Post: Lickity Slip albums...updated with review        (Topic#1469055)
riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Wow...have you seen these new albums by Bazzill ? I loooooove to do my albums as kind of hybrid photo/scrapbook albums. Just plunk the 4x6 photos in photo sleeves and then do some layouts, but not EVERYTHING has to have a layout. Sooo much easier and less stressful that way.

I can have all my layouts organized and still in albums for all to see, but not stress over scrapbooking all of them or having them out of order. You can plunk the photos in order in the album even if you haven't scrapbooked them yet.

There are a few companies finally getting in line to offer this. So happy to see Bazzill is now and they even have an idea book to showcase what I am talking about.

Check them out!

My final review after getting some of them:

Glad to see the industry is offering more, but stick with We R Memory Keepers page protectors . They are much nicer quality and a lot cheaper too.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Oh and here are the other companies that make photo sleeves that are similar (not quite the same though) in case you want to see them too.

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to riorabbit

I'm doing this too, rio. I've been using the W R Mermory keepers protectors, but I do like the layout of these Bazzill pages. I wonder if they'll ever have them for postbound albums?

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
I'm doing this too, rio. I've been using the W R Mermory keepers protectors, but I do like the layout of these Bazzill pages. I wonder if they'll ever have them for postbound albums?

They just released them. I don't believe they currently have them for post bound. I have a wrmk album too, but I picked up the page protectors and I want to try them with my WRMK album and see if both work together.

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to riorabbit

Cool. Hey will ya let me know how it works once you do?

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
Cool. Hey will ya let me know how it works once you do?

Sure... I promise I will do this eventually, but at the moment it requires...ya know...getting up. Feeling a bit lazy... I will let ya know though.

Oh my WRMK albums are the 3 ring though...not the post bound.

Mama of a monkey
Mayor
Mama of a monkey
In response to riorabbit

I've started my sons album that way.... I have SOO many pictures that the idea of trying to scrap them all was a bit intimidating so I hadn't started... then I saw the Pebbles Inc had started this and looked around more to see what else was out there... I am using the WRMK ones right now... I LOVE doing it this way. I have a couple photos in my gallery of the pages I've started...

Intro- Nicholas By Mama Of A Monkey

I couldn't get a good photo of it with everything in the page protecters and 4x6 sleeves... so I just laid them all out on the floor....

You & Me By Mama Of A Monkey

Here is one photo of those two pages in the album...

You & Me By Mama Of A Monkey

I also like that I can do "mini" pages in each of the 4x6 spots if I don't have a photo I want to put there or if I want to put the journaling there instead of on the facing 12x12 page

For the most part I will have a 12x12 layout next to one of the 4x6 sectioned pages... but I figure sometimes I will just do the 4x6 pages (with the little mini sb pages included with the photos)

This is easier for me and almost more fun to do

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to Mama of a monkey

I have been starting to incorporate these into my scrapbooks also, and I love them. They are such a great solution for someone who only has time to scrap their very favorite photos, but wants all of their photos in the same album together. I used to scrap everything, but I got too far behind. These are helping me to speed things up, and not feel so overwhelmed!

Josiology
Guru
Josiology

Thanks Rio -- take your time of course...I'm in no rush

mama of a monkey -- I love your pages! That's kinda what I'm doing too--it is a lot more fun and 'easier' to scrap with multi pics.

GrammaScrapper
Idol
GrammaScrapper
In response to Josiology

What a great idea. Cant wait for them to go on sale LOL. I am about fed up with the post albums. Love the D ring but this looks like a great twist.

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to riorabbit

OMG. I have been looking for these. I can find sleeves, but not for 12X12. My husband suggested I put all my extra photos on a DVD and store them in the back of each album. I am a "hard copy" kinda person.

Autmn
Autmn 
Diva
Autmn
  • Autmn on 06-29-08 10:33 AM
In response to Vintage Beginnings

these do look awesome! i am a multi pic kinda gal but don't always want to scrap all the pics i took! these pages will break up the page after page of layouts with pics! love this idea! also love your pages stephanie! the mini page and journal ideas are great!

Mama of a monkey
Mayor
Mama of a monkey
In response to Autmn

You can get the 12x12 '4x6' size pages at hobby lobby - that hold 6 photos on each side But I am not sure if they are for post bound or 3 ring...

Kelly Goree
Expert
Kelly Goree

They're fantabulous! I have a red one myself

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Kelly Goree

Ok, I tried out the Bazzill page protectors in my 3 ring WRMK album and here is my take on it:

- Bazzill pages do fit in there. The holes seem to be punched closer together so it is kind of tight to get all 3 on the three ring, but it does work!

-Bazzill's pages are slightly shorter than WRMK and they have a bit of a difference in the shape in general so if you mix the two, you will know they are mixed, but this doesn't bother me

-Bazzill's pages are definitely thinner than the WRMK. Seeing them together shows quality differences and I would DEFINITELY say go for WRMK now. I like having both options so if I want some pages more the shape of Bazzill 's layout I will.

Wow the quality and price is crazy though! For WRMK you get a nicer quality page that holds 12 total (back to back) photos and they come in a 25 pack for 11 dollars. Bazzill 's...you get a cheaper page, only holds 10 photos back to back AND for 10 dollars you only get 10 refill...

At per page protector cost that means:

-Cheaper quality Bazzill page that only holds 5 photos = $1.00 each.

- Nicer quality WRMK page that holds 6 photos = $0.44 each.

So although I am excited to see that this is an option out there now, I am guessing I will still be searching for the WRMK pages and having issues with them staying out of stock (they are out here at the super store currently). There is obviously a reason too...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics