Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: First things first...        (Topic#1469273)
imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx

Ok, so im sitting here staring at a blank sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock wondering why i got myself into this predicament. I thought a great gift for my BF's sister would be to make her a maternity scrapbook. Oh.my.goodness. To make matters worse i offered to take pictures at the baby shower and make duplicates and make a scrapbook of that too! oh.my.goodness. I don't even know where to start.

So my question is: What is the first thing you do when starting a lo? Do you already have a specific lo in your head and just go for it? Or do you just trial and error?

I've never had to think this hard about a lo before!!!

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to imajellybeanx

either way for me sometimes...it just depends. Good luck to you!! And that is very sweet of you!

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls

I actually come up with most of my layout ideas from the "feel" of the actual pictures I'm using.

What kind of personality does she have? Is the baby a boy or a girl? What kinds of colors and prints does she like? Those would be some good things to think about too...

Good luck with it all! Sorry I'm not much more help, lol...

- April

Lydia S
Governor
Lydia S

I just go for it, but lately I would get the papers and pps that I like cut them how I want them in (or whatever is in my head) place on the cardstock (not glued) and see if its something I like. If it isnt then I save the paper for something else. I know it seems a waste, but it works for me!

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx
In response to Lydia S

ok her personality is very singer/actress/Broadway/d ancer/diva.....catching on to why i'm nervous about this? lol and its a boy! woohoo lol baby boys are the best.

babynme8
Expert
babynme8

For the maternity ablum I would do lots of hot pink, black, silver and tons of bling. It is for her so I wouldn't worry about the boy part until the baby shower album. I would maybe stick to pink cardstock background and add a few black and white printed papers. Most of the pics I have in mine are from ultrasounds so I think the pink would make them pop. Hope that helps!

Edited by babynme8 on 06-30-08 05:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debib55
Expert
debib55

Mostly I stare at the pictures then the pp then the pictures again. pick everything out to go with the pictures sit down and try to come up with an idea then I repick the pp and embellishments and next thing I know a good 1 to 1 1/2 hours have passed and I still don't have a clue what I am doing. Eventually something clicks and I end up with a LO. I hope it goes much better for you and good luck on your project.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to debib55

i can't work with plain cs anymore. Go get some pp in the baby theme. That will help you. I get creative influence from papers and embellis.

Search the gallery too for Baby, Shower, Infant, Birth, Shower, etc

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Just G

If you get stuck, find a LO you like in the gallery and lift it!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• imajellybeanx Said:
ok her personality is very singer/actress/Broadway/d ancer/diva.....catching on to why i'm nervous about this? lol and its a boy! woohoo lol baby boys are the best.

OK, I would get the Bazill Bling Cardstock for this project. Also get lots of stickles (blues and silver), silver Brads, Silver pen for journaling, etc.

I would get the bazill bling cardstock 12x12 papers I have linked

I'm seeing a lot of white blue silver and black pages.

For the shower page do something like "The Star of the Show" and put a photo of her at the shower in the middle...then maybe put a smaller star at the bottom of the page and say "Co Star" and use an ultrasound photo.
Products Referenced in This Post:

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx
In response to Just G

omg you are absolutely brilliant. im adding you under favorite artist. i need to absorb your creativity lol

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

LOL yeah i'm great helping other people but i get stuck on my own stuff all the time

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

Also, look for some broadway and movie themed embellis
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by GTGW on 06-30-08 07:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx

actually come to think of it....i just bought this really pretty shimmery blue cs. lol i bought white glitter chipboard letters too.... AAHHH all the ideas now!

married05
Idol
married05

If you get stuck you can always look at sketches too. I love pencillines and pagemaps (there are some good ones here too, but they're not as easy to find.)

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• imajellybeanx Said:
actually come to think of it....i just bought this really pretty shimmery blue cs. lol i bought white glitter chipboard letters too.... AAHHH all the ideas now!

The stuff above in the blues/greens/browns would be for after baby is born....

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx
In response to Just G

ohh sweet that would work well with the little sweet pea stamp and papers i just bought.

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 06-30-08 10:47 PM

Here's how I do it... I am working on a ABC album for a friend's baby... I bought a huge themed kit, and then I figure out how many pictures I want to put on a certain page. Then I come to sb.com 's gallery, and search for los by photo #... I find one I like, and then I scraplift it, and make it my own by adding my own twists to things! This has saved my !!

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap

Maybe going with 12x12 is what is stumping you - consider going with a smaller size page, like 8x8. That way you can keep it a little simpler - use the pictures with just a little bit of extras. I'd do that definitely for the shower.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 07-01-08 11:23 AM
In response to Chersascrap

• Chersascrap Said:
Maybe going with 12x12 is what is stumping you - consider going with a smaller size page, like 8x8. That way you can keep it a little simpler - use the pictures with just a little bit of extras. I'd do that definitely for the shower.

This was exactly what I was thinking & totally agree. I do mostly 12x12 for myself, with only one 8x8 (vacation album). But for gifts, I prefer to use the 8x8 size. So much simpler!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with - be sure to share!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics