Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Shopaholics        (Topic#1469429)
jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3

Ok so I have spent way too much money this past month on Scrappy stuff. I have decided that I am going to start a thread that anyone can post on whenever they feel the need to shop for more stuff. I made a promise to myself that I won't buy anymore stuff until I use a good hunk of what I already have. I knoe that it's easier to shop for the stuff then it is to find the time to sit down and use it...but I think I was out of control!!

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to jenyjen3

Been there, done that. It's hard. I know. All the new things out there. I find when I'm depressed about something I really go all out. After I have shopped, I feel guilty.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to Vintage Beginnings

It's so hard to not be tempted into buying every new little thing you see, but I also feel guilty after a large spending spree.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Vintage Beginnings

I will admit I shopped too much a few times.. But If I don't buy, my DH will actually go buy things I have showed him I like and give them to me, or my mom will buy things and send them too me LOL

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to SQ Mandi

I had a bunch of stuff in my shopping cart at another online store tonight. Everything was 49% off but the shipping was so darn high that when I figured out the price per item it wasn't a bargain at all. That was enough to clear the cart and close my browser. It was nice owning those things for a few minutes at least!

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to Judy_Scraps

I'm working on a finishing a page...and I realize that I need glue!!! This is such a terrible cycle!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to jenyjen3

I do alot of online "shopping" too when I feel the urge. Fill my basket and just save it:) I do WAY too much shopping in real life, I don't need to add online too:) Although OCCASIONALLY I do actually shop online, I try not to make it a habit or it'll totally get out of hand.

I really need to use more of my stash and not buy so much, but the sales and all the new goodies make it SO hard:( Me and my sis were just talking a little earlier about things to do to use up our stash:)

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx
In response to shopgirlaudi

you know whats great? Wishlists!!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to imajellybeanx

I have a definite problem with shopping for scrappy stuff. Half the time I don't even need it I just want to buy something. I have been avoiding M's, J's & HL so I won't be tempted.

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3

• imajellybeanx Said:
you know whats great? Wishlists!!

That's a good point! I can pretend to shop!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to jenyjen3

I love doing wishlists. And typically when I have a major scrap shopping bug I head on over to Dollar Tree....at least then it's cheap and 9 times out of 10 I only get stuff that I actually know I'll use in the NEAR future. Today I went and got some pop dots, some stacked flowers, a spool of ribbon and some Xmas/Winter stickers which I've already used almost half up making cards today! And the only online shopping I do is if I have gift certificate codes, and then I only shop as much as the certificate is good for so I only pay shipping (like yesterday I ordered from Cosmo Cricket from their sales stuff and got two lacing kits for $2.50 each -- the $7 to ship the two was STILL only 1/4 of what I would have paid for both in a store, and I would have had to pay tax and for gas if I'd gone to my LSS for them!).

Although I will say...if I go somewhere I know there's a Hobby Lobby, I DO stop because we don't have one anywhere near us here...

Edited by CMLeach on 07-01-08 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarlaE
MarlaE 
Resident
MarlaE
In response to CMLeach

I have a TOTAL weakness for clearance sales! I know where the clearance isle is in every store I frequent. And here lately, there have been some MAJOR clearance sales!!! So I've spent WAY too much!

I TRY to be good! I go to the store just needing an embelishment for a card I'm working on and the next thing I know the cart is full!

I've tried not getting a cart since it is so easy to just drop stuff in, but seems I have Clearance Sale Arms that can hold almost as much as a shopping cart!!

ME

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to MarlaE

I am so with you all. I have so much stuff and I will probably never use it all. I am finally realizing that and even though I still want to go shopping a lot, I have been trying to be good. It helps that I am heading out on vacation in a few weeks and I need to save up to buy all those yummy souveniers and scrap stuff that you can only buy at Disney! Lol...

Hannah S
Expert
Hannah S
In response to godschild94

You sound like me. I always buy things and swear I am going to use it, something i do something i dont.

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx
In response to Hannah S

I always buy everything because "i never know if i might use this one day!!" lol

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-01-08 08:50 PM

I always think that if I have a coupon I just HAVE to use it. That's not a good thing. And not now with money getting so tight. I have too much stuff and I constantly wonder why I need to have more when I haven't used what I have. I think I'm going to limit myself now to using exactly what I have and only purchase adhesive. I did that today. Went into Michaels with the 50 percent coupon to purchase adhesive for my xyron and just had to have these cool flowers. Thank goodness I limited myself. But no more (well that lady handed me a 40 percent coupon good starting July 6th........I think I'll throw it away...I really need to get control).

imajellybeanx
Veteran
imajellybeanx
In response to GrandmaMichelf

those darn 50% off Coupons and 25% off your entire purchase Coupons are DANGEROUS!

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to jenyjen3

I make those promises to myself all the time. "I am not buying anything else until I use up a HUGE AMOUNT of what I already have." -- But, I was going through some of my mom's papers and things and I found a bunch of old, old heritage photos that are screaming to be scrapped plus a lot of photos of my grandkiddies that my kids sent to her throughout the years, photos that I don't have. They have to be scrapped too. I just made my 3rd online purchase in as many weeks! -- THAT'S IT! -- No more for awhile -- Oh, wait a minute. I don't have an album for the heritage photos. It's neverending, but I love it. ( I had the perfect album and I sold it on my yard sale )

scrappinmylife
Expert
scrappinmylife
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

I put a limit of $50 bucks on my scrap supplies. But, as I went throught my budget. I decided maybe I would spend even less.
LOL@Judy...

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to GrandmaMichelf

• GrandmaMichelf Said:
I always think that if I have a coupon I just HAVE to use it. That's not a good thing. And not now with money getting so tight. I have too much stuff and I constantly wonder why I need to have more when I haven't used what I have. I think I'm going to limit myself now to using exactly what I have and only purchase adhesive. I did that today. Went into Michaels with the 50 percent coupon to purchase adhesive for my xyron and just had to have these cool flowers. Thank goodness I limited myself. But no more (well that lady handed me a 40 percent coupon good starting July 6th........I think I'll throw it away...I really need to get control).

You can't throw away a coupon!!! I know I'm not helping the cause! I think that is a big part of my problem too...when I have a coupon...I have to use it, even if I don't need anything!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics