Page 1 of 9 
Username Post: **Ongoing** Scrap it green - challenge/discussion group        (Topic#1469447)
shells22
Diva
shells22

Do you sometimes wonder if the items you throw away can be used in your scrapbook lo? I would like to challenge all of you to create a layout that incorporates recycled items. In addition to the challenge I would love to start a critique group that helps give some constructive ideas on how to incorporate the recycled materials.

This challenge is just for fun and to see how creative you can be using unusual items. Examples might be cardboard, twist stems from shopping bags, clothing tags, plastic items.

Instrauctions:
1. submit your lo or altered project that incorporates at least one, but feel free to do more, recyled item.
The recycled item can be cut, painted, stained, embellished in any way you want to alter the appearance.
2. Los and project should be new but feel free to share older ones as well. This is all about learning to use non scrap/recylced materials.
3. When you post the lo/project, make sure to mention what the recycled material is that you used and what how you modified it to fit in with your lo.
4. Make sure to allow for public embedding
5. Leave comments on others los
6. you can join any time, no need to sign up

An example that I did recently to get you all started.

FYI - my little girl By Shells22 I used a Starbucks cup insulator

Posies
By Alteredgeisha

Roy Family Home
By Pam Davies

Participants "green album" where you can see previous months work.. please check them out:

Kaia's green album
Shells22 green album
Precious Angel's green album
Splummer's green album

August Participants:

adorable
By Precious Angels

Card
By Kaia

Carnival of Carnage 2007
By TripletMomS

Hard Rock Cafe
By PresentScraps

Family
By Donna_G

Big Bite
By Kaia

Shades
By Oldmissb

Beautiful Friend
By Shells22

Lil Soldier
By Oldmissb

Let's go
By Allamy

Altered diaper box
By Precious Angels

Enjoy the Journey Mini Album
By Sarah De Guzman

Altered Box
By Precious Angels

Triagular Glass Photo Frame (show's the shape)
By Dragonflys

S'mores
By Allamy

enjoy (S'mores)
By Allamy
September participants***

Spiderman Spiderman Friendly Neighbour
By Rahulsmom

Growing Up
By Groovy Deborah

Back To School
By Micupoftea

Waiting
By Suepup

Live Your Story
By Shells22

Edited by shells22 on 09-22-08 08:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

shells22
Diva
shells22
In response to shells22

bumping

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname
In response to shells22

Hi Shell! Putting this on the Challenge list now! Sorry so late, trying to get bunches of stuff straightened out!

I am strictly digi, so I don't know how I could do this challenge unless I took a picture of something I thru away!

I will be back from time to time to check in and give some love!

Thanks for the support!

Debee W
Guru
Debee W
In response to horse-withnoname

Love your layouts and admire your eye for seeing new uses for cast off items! I would love to give this a try...and will save it to my faves, in case I get inspired by some bit of something I might otherwise trash...

shells22
Diva
shells22
In response to horse-withnoname

• horse-withnoname Said:
Hi Shell! Putting this on the Challenge list now! Sorry so late, trying to get bunches of stuff straightened out!

I am strictly digi, so I don't know how I could do this challenge unless I took a picture of something I thru away!

I will be back from time to time to check in and give some love!

Thanks for the support!

Thanks you for the support, please do drop in again.

shells22
Diva
shells22
In response to shells22

bumping

Kimbers3
Tenant
Kimbers3
In response to shells22

Yippee, I'd love 2 try this one. Not really as hard folsk might think. There is soooo much stuff we just need to open our minds ;-) I'm gonna do it this 4th of July weekend. Happy Wednesday! hmm clothes tag, pully off a box top, receipt, candy wrapper, wine bottle lable, hmmm

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to Kimbers3

I'm going to watch this one, as well. I pulled a label off a beer bottle the other night because I liked the logo and thought I might be able to use it for scrapping!

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to tmmvol

Here's mine. Because I'm moving next month, I've got boxes all over the place. I cut up some of my broken boxes and used it to make the list of words. =)

How to Spoil Pup
By Sbdeguzman

shells22
Diva
shells22
In response to sarah kee

• sbdeguzman Said:
Here's mine. Because I'm moving next month, I've got boxes all over the place. I cut up some of my broken boxes and used it to make the list of words. =)

How to Spoil Pup
By Sbdeguzman

Thanks for getting us started off Sarah, great job using some of the unwanted cardboard.

rahulsmom
Queen
rahulsmom
In response to shells22

I have this now in my fav topics. I have one LO that I made a couple of months back where I used a cardboard package that looked like a sun. I'll try to link that just for sharing & make another one soon. I am a girl who keeps saving stuff. My dh says my pile keeps growing. Thats all okay.

U R MY SUNSHINE By Rahulsmom

shells22
Diva
shells22
In response to rahulsmom

• rahulsmom Said:
I have this now in my fav topics. I have one LO that I made a couple of months back where I used a cardboard package that looked like a sun. I'll try to link that just for sharing & make another one soon. I am a girl who keeps saving stuff. My dh says my pile keeps growing. Thats all okay.

U R MY SUNSHINE By Rahulsmom

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing a new one.

Mo_N_Jo
Mayor
Mo_N_Jo
In response to shells22

What an awesome idea. Let me go think about how I can do this? We are in the middle of cleaning out our garage, ironically. Must get back to work as its a cool day here.

Later,
Scrapgal30

Mo_N_Jo
Mayor
Mo_N_Jo
In response to Mo_N_Jo

I think I will crown you "The Queen of Green Scrapbooking" and I would be happy to contribute to your forum on how to recycle everyday items in this way. I have a box of things I've come across that I think would look nice on a LO. Mostly things that were just unique looking or that can make "stamps" because we know how expensive stamps can be.

Scrapgal30

micupoftea
Queen
micupoftea
In response to Mo_N_Jo

Mornin' with Clifford By Micupoftea
I used a cereal box, sugar packet and tea bag wrapper, which I cut and inked. TFL :-)

micupoftea
Queen
micupoftea
In response to micupoftea

The Black Parade By Micupoftea
On this one, I cut a picture off a shoe box and used a ribbon that came off the box as well. I used an old crocheted doily also. The black flowers were from another craft project. TFL!

shells22
Diva
shells22
In response to micupoftea

Shawn, I am so glad you joined the challenge these are great los and are some unique ideas.

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to shells22

acu

shells22
Diva
shells22
In response to sarah kee

happy 4th of July, just checking in.

rahulsmom
Queen