Page 2 of 4 
Username Post: WOW!        (Topic#1470753)
Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to Scrapbookjuls

Wow... I am sure that she had an answer for people when they asked how she could afford to sell so cheaply.

And, from the amount of stuff that she had--(looked like a little mini store) I wouldn't have imagined that she could have stolen ALL of that stuff. Maybe I would have been more suspicious if she was just selling stuff occasionally--- but to have a whole stinkin' store set up. She was very bold with her stuff.

shame shame shame

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns
In response to JoanE

I work at a lss and you would be amazed. A while back we caught a regular putting stuff into her sb bag that she clearly did not pay for. A regular! I mean she would crop there every couple of weeks and spend big money! Well we totally busted her and to find out that her Mom had given her a credit card to use. She had the funds but stole anyways!

Then recently we had a Mom yes that's right a Mom just go through pulling stuff off of the racks in front of her son (He's probably around 8/9 years old) and walking out with it! Seriously in front of your son who is old enough to know what's going on! Unreal!!! Then she would try to return some of it a few days later. Luckly we have her on camera so charges have been filed and all that. When the police went to her house to issue the arrest warrant she wasn't home but on her front door was a religious welcome sign. Boggles the mind doesn't it?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Judy_Scraps

• judyQ Said:
It's sad but nothing surprises me these days. I wonder if she'll have scrapbooking classes for her fellow inmates.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrappychicdesigns

• scrappychicdesigns Said:
I work at a lss and you would be amazed. A while back we caught a regular putting stuff into her sb bag that she clearly did not pay for. A regular! I mean she would crop there every couple of weeks and spend big money! Well we totally busted her and to find out that her Mom had given her a credit card to use. She had the funds but stole anyways!

Then recently we had a Mom yes that's right a Mom just go through pulling stuff off of the racks in front of her son (He's probably around 8/9 years old) and walking out with it! Seriously in front of your son who is old enough to know what's going on! Unreal!!! Then she would try to return some of it a few days later. Luckly we have her on camera so charges have been filed and all that. When the police went to her house to issue the arrest warrant she wasn't home but on her front door was a religious welcome sign. Boggles the mind doesn't it?

I wonder how much is mental illness and how much is just plain evil.

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to scrappychicdesigns

Well... I guess I don't have that thief type mentality because I just can't imagine having that much stuff!! I guess people are much bolder than I thought.

And, I would love to work at a scrap booking store--- Do you get wonderful discounts??

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-10-08 07:18 PM

Good Grief!

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to Issabear

yeah, this happend about 60 miles from me. I never bought from her, never even hear about her until this. But as for the Joann stuff, I would have just thought she bought it for a really good deal and was reselling it. Shows how niaeve (sp?) some of can be, especially if we are trying to find a good deal.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to grammykimmy

wow

ashtonsmommy
Governor
ashtonsmommy
In response to lilmrmaid

I saw somehting similar soemwhere else! How crazy!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

$200,000 in stolen "inventory", and that doesn't even count God knows how much she'd already sold. She must have been one busy thief. I'd have been curious to know what was in the $400 purse-load. And reselling to the victims' customers just added salt to the wound. What a jerk! I wish they would have thrown the (scrap)book at her instead of letting her cop a deal.

Edited by dwelch on 07-11-08 05:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to dwelch

wow this is so crazy!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Since I work in a public defender office I can't say I'm shocked. I'll bet she won't be scrapping that picture of herself from the paper.

Edited by scrap4brains on 07-11-08 05:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GlitterBomb84
Veteran
GlitterBomb84
In response to scrap4brains

Wow! That is insane!

But you do know.... all that "evidence" maybe sold at a police auction sooner or later...perhaps in one huge cheap lot...

J/K! LOL! That's just wrong!

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
Since I work in a public defender office I can't say I'm shocked. I'll bet she won't be scrapping that picture of herself from the paper.

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ
In response to stefanyb123

INSANE!!! I wonder how long she had been doing this and why the stores didn't notice their losses? I also wonder about people stealing from the Scrapbook convention. It would be very easy since there are so many people crammed into a small area. I hate stealing!!! I always worry about that on Ebay, too. Especially when I am checking out the Cricut's. How can they start out an .99? Where do the people get them?

Frau_Cooney
Pro
Frau_Cooney
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
$200,000 in stolen "inventory", and that doesn't even count God knows how much she'd already sold. She must have been one busy thief. I'd have been curious to know what was in the $400 purse-load. And reselling to the victims' customers just added salt to the wound. What a jerk! I wish they would have thrown the (scrap)book at her instead of letting her cop a deal.

She must have had a big purse to fit that Cricut Expression in there!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to Frau_Cooney

This is just sad. I'm glad she got caught and is being punished.

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to Jennifer Priest

• Jennifer Priest Said:
What's even sadder is that people actually bought stuff from her. I mean, I would be skeptical if some woman had a store set up in her house and was selling stuff from Joann's -- it's not like she could have ordered that herself. Not only is she and her accomplice wrong but the people who bought from them are wrong too--I hope they feel sheepish when they go back into the stores that have now lain people off to make up for the financial losses.

My understanding from other reports on this is that she advertised on Craig's List..."purging supplies" and such. I remember seeing such ads when I lived in Oregon (not sure if they were hers or not), I see similar ads here, and I've even placed ads for scrap stuff.

Not excusing anyone by any means.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-11-08 07:57 AM
In response to dwelch

It's bad enough the LSS owners have a problem existing with the bigger stores and prices, but to have your merchandise stolen? How rude!

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to GrandmaMichelf

OMG! I am totally shocked!

Page 2 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics