Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: WOW!        (Topic#1470753)
DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Judy_Scraps

• judyQ Said:
It's sad but nothing surprises me these days. I wonder if she'll have scrapbooking classes for her fellow inmates.

sibboo
sibboo 
Idol
sibboo
In response to DawnInAZ

Wow that is a lot of stealing!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Jordannichole

WOW....this is unreal huh?

* Julie *
Diva
* Julie *
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
I'd have been curious to know what was in the $400 purse-load.

From the way prices are these days, I bet it was three stacks of cardstock, four books of patterned paper , maybe 10 embossed sticker sets, and two sets of nice ink pens.

* Julie *
Diva
* Julie *
In response to GlitterBomb84

• Maricela84 Said:
Wow! That is insane!

But you do know.... all that "evidence" maybe sold at a police auction sooner or later...perhaps in one huge cheap lot...

J/K! LOL! That's just wrong!

No, you are not kidding. A relative of mine works in law enforcement and she's always letting me know when the public auctions are taking place if I'm in town. It stinks because you know the items for sale cost someone SOMETHING at some point, but the money goes back into the community, so you know, a deal is a deal.

Edited by * Julie * on 07-11-08 09:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Scrapbookjuls

I think the woman is really wrong for stealing above all else, certainly. I mean really how much stuff do you need that you have to steal it? And her total disregard for everyone she hurt -- the store owners and the people who bought stuff. I mean, they are like a party to the crime probably without their even knowing! I am sure some did not know they were buying stolen stuff but please...this went on for a long time! When I was talking about the shoppers I was referring to this part of the story:

"Our customers would come in and say she is so cut-rate, we can't pass it up," Kangas told Kohl.

The customers knew that she was selling stuff for way less than they could ever buy in the store. And I mean you kind of know something is off when you are buying stuff from someone's house and it just came out in the LSS and this person is offering it for super cheap.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Jennifer Priest

sad that someone feels like the only way to make it in the world is to do something like that.

Born w PrettyScissors
Resident
Born w PrettyScissors
In response to Jennifer Priest

• Jennifer Priest Said:
What's even sadder is that people actually bought stuff from her. I mean, I would be skeptical if some woman had a store set up in her house and was selling stuff from Joann's -- it's not like she could have ordered that herself. Not only is she and her accomplice wrong but the people who bought from them are wrong too--I hope they feel sheepish when they go back into the stores that have now lain people off to make up for the financial losses.

my thoughts exactly.

I've worked at two scrapbook store s over the last 7 years and have seen a ton of sad shoplifting stories. The trade shows were the worst - a police officer's wife stayed in our booth one time and caught over 7 people trying to steal. Just awful!

ScrapOfRobin
Expert
ScrapOfRobin
In response to Born w PrettyScissors

What an awful thing for these businesses to go through. I hope they're able to recover and stay open. But, unfortunately, it's not unusual in these times. I have a police scanner that I listen to a lot and have realized that some people will steal anything. Copper to gas to cemetery vases to yard statues. A lady that lives around the corner from us has a set of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs yard statues that her husband gave her before he passed away. She's down to about 2 dwarfs now because of theft. I figure they'll be gone before long. Sad times, indeed.

I wish the owners a healthy boost in sales from all her former customers.

And I wish the theives a jury of scrapbookers!

SallyEgg
Veteran
SallyEgg

Wow. I live in Portland, OR. Wonder if I ever saw her...

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Good grief.... throw her in a vat of non acid free glue .... Evil evil evil....

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to ScrapOfRobin

• ScrapOfRobin Said:
What an awful thing for these businesses to go through. I hope they're able to recover and stay open. But, unfortunately, it's not unusual in these times. I have a police scanner that I listen to a lot and have realized that some people will steal anything. Copper to gas to cemetery vases to yard statues. A lady that lives around the corner from us has a set of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs yard statues that her husband gave her before he passed away. She's down to about 2 dwarfs now because of theft. I figure they'll be gone before long. Sad times, indeed.

I wish the owners a healthy boost in sales from all her former customers.

And I wish the theives a jury of scrapbookers!

No disrespect, but I cracked up thinking about snow white and the 2 dwarfs..lol....

suzilea
Diva
suzilea
In response to dwelch

they should chop her hands off. thieves are awful.

Ann Arbogast
Veteran
Ann Arbogast

I remember this when it first made headlines.
Thanks for posting the update.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to Ann Arbogast

How completely awful!! To think this was going on not very far at all from where I live! I love that Craft Warehouse store! I haven't been to any of those smaller stores, because I have an lss that's closer and these all are a fairly good drive away, but I might write down their names and make a day out of visiting them sometime(when I have $ to spend). I wish the store owners well and hope they can recover from her stealing their merchandise, and their business! I can't imagine buying supplies from a store in someone's house--would seem a little fishy!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Jordannichole

I have bipolar disorder, but I would never use it as an excuse for stealing.... that's just LOW.... low and it makes me mad...

Denise Jensen
Pro
Denise Jensen
In response to Kimberly Rae

• Quote:

People are amazing. I just don't understand why people think it's ok to do stuff like this. She should be ashamed of herself!

I work for a center for children with special needs and today we had a huge rummage sale for our students to help raise money for their yearbooks. Some of our kids have very little, but I couldn't believe people where actually trying
to steal from them!! Caught quite a few. Unreal!
What is this world coming to?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-12-08 04:35 PM
In response to Denise Jensen

• keebler813 Said:
  • Quote:

People are amazing. I just don't understand why people think it's ok to do stuff like this. She should be ashamed of herself!

I work for a center for children with special needs and today we had a huge rummage sale for our students to help raise money for their yearbooks. Some of our kids have very little, but I couldn't believe people where actually trying
to steal from them!! Caught quite a few. Unreal!
What is this world coming to?

Ok, now that's even sadder than this woman stealing all this scrapbooking stuff. I mean really. Stealing at a rummage sale? That's lower than whale you-know-what on the ocean floor.

chocodlite2
Guru
chocodlite2
In response to stefanyb123

How crazy is that...She was beyond bold to have thought she could continue this & not get caught, it amazes me that it took so long though...

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to chocodlite2

That is so terribly sad and ridiculous! I hope the businesses are doing well. Lots of places are closing down because of the economy. Hopefully even though they had to go through this they will survive.

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics