Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: I Would Like To Know        (Topic#1470799)
SB1280
SB1280 
Mayor
SB1280
In response to Bubblegirl

I keep all of my albums on the bookshelf in our family room. They are all different styles and colors but all 12x12

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to SB1280

I started out using Creative Memories albums, but now I use various brands and my albums are stored in a bookshelf in our family room.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

Different brands, different colors... I typically buy when on sale. Normally though I seem to gravitate towards the blacks/browns but then I wanted to get a snapload album and all I could get was blue. *shrug* It's all right.

I keep most of mine in my scraproom. In my living room I have a regular photo albun from my trip to Ireland, an 8.5x11" album that currently just has my DH and his brother's racing pics in it not scrapped, and my 8x8" wedding album.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

I haven't displayed my albums at all... the thought never really crossed my mind!!! lol!! But I never think about colors/matchy matchy sizes though. I just try and buy what's on sale!!! I think it would be very, "Becky Higgins" to have it organized as you described.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 07-11-08 07:56 AM

i keep my in my office. that way, no one will bother them.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to ScrapperSara22

• ScrapperSara22 Said:
I haven't displayed my albums at all... the thought never really crossed my mind!!! lol!! But I never think about colors/matchy matchy sizes though. I just try and buy what's on sale!!! I think it would be very, "Becky Higgins" to have it organized as you described.

Or Lisa Bearnson (sp?). Have you ever seen her scrap room? It's my OCD kicking in

Ok, keep them coming, but now I want to know how the gals here at sb.com do it --- Jill, Kels, Beans, Megan, Tricia are you there???

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 07-11-08 09:29 AM

Mine are all different as well...brands/colors/sizes/style s. I try to buy the album for the "mood". Caribbean vacation=bright fun colors.

I also have mine lying down & stacked on a bookshelf in my living room. I know...I know.

animemama
Veteran
animemama

I was storing my albums under the end tables in the living room, but they were kind of hidden there and didn't really have anything holding them up and supporting them. So I cleaned off some bookshelves in our study/computer room and moved them in there. They're a lot more visible in there and more easily accessible for looking at and scanning. Plus the wooden shelves give them more support. They're on the opposite end of the house from my scrap area, but that's okay, I'm always going back and forth anyway.
I use only 12 x 12 D-ring albums. I'm partial to We R Memory Keepers /Hiller and Keeping Memories Alive albums. I have all different colors; I guess it would look nice to have them all one color, but I can't settle on just one (they're all so pretty) and at this point, with 18 albums and counting, it's too late to go back and try to color-coordinate.

Edited by animemama on 07-11-08 10:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to animemama

I have all 12 X 12's at the moment. Same company (K & Company) different colors and patterns, although I tend to gravitate toward the muted shades. At the moment mine are stored on the top shelf of the hutch on my deck.

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to Vintage Beginnings

I use all the same type of album- 12x12 black cloth D-Ring from American Crafts . I got the idea from Ali Edwards' blog when she was reorganizing all of her layouts. I do all different sizes- 12x12, 8.5x11, 11x8.5, 6x12, 12x6, and sometimes smaller ones like 8x8. All of these will fit in the AC albums.

Right now they're on a bookshelf in the library. In fact, they'll probably always be on a bookshelf in the library, though they may get a shelf of their own some day.

Peanut 82
Tenant
Peanut 82

I have about 26 scrap books most of them are 12x12 but i have 2 other sizes, in the middle of my scrap booking career i would only buy a certain kind of album (but never in the same color)

i also do not put all of my albums in one spot
i like to do grouping of them all over the room
some on shelves and some on the table i have some in a basket by the couch.....

i just go with albums that i like!
i think it is cool, down the road to look back and see all of the different styles

i have a friend that only uses one company's albums and she only has navy blue, they are all lined up from year to year( 1996 to current)
it looks like a collection of dictionary's
......so not my thing!!!!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Peanut 82

I have all kinds of styles, sizes and brands. I do tend to color coordinate a few of them just to help me find them easier. I put my wedding album in white (it was gift so I didn't pick it - but it works), my Christmas albums in dark green CM, my travel ablums (for the big trips) in black, and my "party" albums in navy.

The ones I haven't given away as gifts to family and friends, are in scraproom on my big bookshelf.

If I were to picking something just so that it would look nice on a shelf, I think I would be partial to the strap hinge albums or nicely constructed post bounds both with the cloth covered spines. The D-rings look OK too but my experience with them is that they sit just a little less nicely on the shelf.

Ann Arbogast
Veteran
Ann Arbogast
In response to KatieJo

I have only 7--12 X 12 albums. They are mostly brown and black. One is hot pink though, it's a girly theme album. I try to stick to brown and black.
I recently had them on a shlef on my entertainment center, but now they are packed because we are moving, and the entertainment center is going to the dumpster cause we finally bought the wall mount for our tv. So when I move I have no clue where I am going to put my albums. I like to keep them in the living room because everyone that comes over always wants to see what's new that I have scrapped. I am thinking about buying a couple of those 12 x 12 cubes and using them to display the albums.

ashtonsmommy
Governor
ashtonsmommy
In response to Ann Arbogast

My mini albums are in a basket in the living room. The large albums are on a custom built shelf in out bedroom. THe only reason the bedroom is because it is nearly 500 sq feet and it has the room for a large piece of furniture!
For the most part the albums are mis-matched, but I really like the AC ones and I have been purchasing them lately!

My new Bookcase
By Ashtonsmommy

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to ashtonsmommy

I have my family and David's family albums in D rings as well as my book of me.... then I have mine and David's Navy Albums (K&Co Navy Albums) David's album is in a postbound suede album.... and I have our Faithbook in a purple postbound...

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to scrappyJedi

• scrappyJedi Said:
I use all the same type of album- 12x12 black cloth D-Ring from American Crafts . I got the idea from Ali Edwards' blog when she was reorganizing all of her layouts. I do all different sizes- 12x12, 8.5x11, 11x8.5, 6x12, 12x6, and sometimes smaller ones like 8x8. All of these will fit in the AC albums.

Right now they're on a bookshelf in the library. In fact, they'll probably always be on a bookshelf in the library, though they may get a shelf of their own some day.

I bet they look great too! I'm still thinking I want to do this. I would have to buy the albums one or two at a time. I'm so afraid they will be discontinued before I get all I need.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~

• Sambernadinos Said:
I have only 7--12 X 12 albums. They are mostly brown and black. One is hot pink though, it's a girly theme album. I try to stick to brown and black.
I recently had them on a shlef on my entertainment center, but now they are packed because we are moving, and the entertainment center is going to the dumpster cause we finally bought the wall mount for our tv. So when I move I have no clue where I am going to put my albums. I like to keep them in the living room because everyone that comes over always wants to see what's new that I have scrapped. I am thinking about buying a couple of those 12 x 12 cubes and using them to display the albums.

Most album covers are a little larger than 12x12, so measure them before you buy 12 x 12 cubes. The albums may not fit.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to ashtonsmommy

• ashtonsmommy Said:
My mini albums are in a basket in the living room. The large albums are on a custom built shelf in out bedroom. THe only reason the bedroom is because it is nearly 500 sq feet and it has the room for a large piece of furniture!
For the most part the albums are mis-matched, but I really like the AC ones and I have been purchasing them lately!

My new Bookcase
By Ashtonsmommy

Oooooo, you gave me a great idea for now. I have a big, beautiful basket. I think some of my albums will fit in it and I have a place in my living room for my basket. My decor is very rustic country, so the basket will fit right in. THANK YOU! Btw, I love your bookshelf. After our old house remodel, maybe I can get dh to make me one.

Ann Arbogast
Veteran
Ann Arbogast

Thanks for the tip Kathie. I didn't think of the albums being slightly bigger than the actual layouts. Makes sense. But if the cubes are 12 x 12 then you can do a little over hang with them if they don't have a back to them, the cubes that is. But then again, thinking height wise. OH MY!
Been checking out some new furniture and storage things to get when I move. It's hard to actually buy stuff until you are actually moved in.

mel3073
Tenant
mel3073

I'm in the process of converting all my multi-color Pioneer post bound albums into single color, Pioneer snap load albums. All albums about me are in black; all my sons's albums will be in blue. I just like the clean look of matching albums on a bookshelf. Got the idea from a lady at a crop who had all her CM albums in one color.

I store all my albums on a bookshelf in my living room.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics