Username Post: Getting my mojo back after a scrappin' hiatus...        (Topic#1471025)
butterflyqueen71
Veteran
butterflyqueen71

Hello all, it has been a good 8-9 months since my last pages...life has just been overwhelmingly busy! But I have SO missed doing my scrapbooking, and I am ready to get back into it!!! I now have some time on my hands, more space, and lots to do!

But...I find that I'm overwhelmed. I don't know, I can't seem to find that "spark". I LOVE scrapbooking, but I'm finding that I'm having a hard time getting started. I have tons of projects to work on...our family, my "book of me" that is still unfinished, and years of missionary travel. I checked out some CK magazines out of the library, but I'm finding that all they do is overwhelm me even more and actually depress me for some reason (probably because I KNOW my pages will NEVER look like that!!!!!)

Anyway, sorry for this to get long...any tips on how I can get a jump start????!

Thanks!!!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to butterflyqueen71

I find the easiest thing is to either find a sketch or scraplift someone. Normally it gets the mojo flowing. Good luck!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to -Melissa-

I would normally suggest looking in mags or browsing the gallery here to get inspired,but it seems like it has the opposite effect on you! So I suggest to start simple. Grab ONE picture,just one. Put it on your scrap table and let it sit there. Every time you walk by,look at the picture. It sounds silly,but I've done this and after about the fourth time of stopping and looking at the pic,I get an idea for a page for it.

barbarathrasher
Resident
barbarathrasher
In response to byondbzr

I'm in the same boat, I stopped scrapping in Jan or Feb to plan our wedding and take care of a sick family member. Now that the wedding is over and she is stable I have tons of time and REALLY want to jump back in, but I feel overwhelmed. One thing that helped me was going through all my supplies. I had forgotten all the embellies I had and it helpe to see them all. I also took two pictures to a LSS and bought a few new things to use on those pages. I am doing those this afternoon. Good Luck!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 07-13-08 09:20 AM
In response to barbarathrasher

I find that if I reorganize my stuff to see what all I have it helps jump start me. Sometimes I find something that I forgot I had that would go perfectly with a picture I have. Good luck.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to j3Mel

Going thru your things and seeing embellies you had picked up for certain layouts could help.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

I know for me it's that thinking about "everything that is left to scrap" that gets me overwhelmed.
Start simple, just one page. If you feel like scrapping...scrap.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Me, I find organizing my thing and cleaning up starts the creative juices as I find things I hadn't seen in a while that I want to play with.

Fleur De Lis
Tenant
Fleur De Lis

• butterflyqueen71 Said:
Hello all, it has been a good 8-9 months since my last pages...life has just been overwhelmingly busy!

...any tips on how I can get a jump start????!

Thanks!!!

I know exactly how you feel. My life is so busy right now, and sometimes I feel that the inspiration is gone. I had a 2page LO that I could not finish for days (I just made myself to do it finally)... the only recipe is to actually start scrapping again.
Don't stress how it will turn out, do not compare it to the magazine LOs -- it's your and yours only, so enjoy!

butterflyqueen71
Veteran
butterflyqueen71
In response to Fleur De Lis

Thanks, everyone!!! I think I'll go through my stash and old pages and stir the creative juices.

* Julie *
Diva
* Julie *

Welcome back to scrapping! Good luck with it!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to * Julie *

Just remember that not every layout has to be completely unique. Look through your albums at pages you have done before and liked and then start scrapping some pictures that you can do in a similar way. Also, if the newer mags are overwhelming, pull out some older ones. I still pull out mags from years ago and find things that I love!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics