Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: how to make rounded corners!        (Topic#1471075)
New Kid On the Block

ladies- I would like to incorporate rounded corners on my scrap pages, is there any tool out there, i have the cricut but my research came up zilch on rounded corners.I am terrible with scissors!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to tryingtobecreative

• tryingtobecreative Said:
ladies- I would like to incorporate rounded corners on my scrap pages, is there any tool out there, i have the cricut but my research came up zilch on rounded corners.I am terrible with scissors!!

You can ask for & or find a corner rounder at Walmart, Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby, pretty much any local scrapbooking store, etc.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to KellyCali

The corner rounder is a must have basic tool.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to NMlady

Fiskars makes a great squeeze punch for rounding corners. I like it because I can see the corner being snipped off, so there is no risk of cutting the corner off crookedly (is that even a word? ) It's also lighweight and small, fits right into my crop bag.

shanbah
Idol
shanbah
In response to Luvmyfam

Creative Memories also has a corner rounder. I think it was one of my first scrapbooking purchases.

New Kid On the Block
In response to shanbah

thanks ladies! Every time I have a question someone here comes to the rescue, to the creative ladies out there, thanks!!

married05
Idol
married05

My first corner rounder just came from the office supply section! You don't need anything too fancy - just a corner rounder punch. You can find them anywhere. I love using mine! I also have one that makes a scalloped corner!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to married05

I have a Fiskars (?) corner rounder- it's a hand punch and it's blue. I can only punch one page at a time but it works for me- I use it on pictures and cs and it's fine. Your hands will get tired after a few pages. I have seen it at J's and M's- think I got mine at J's

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 07-15-08 12:01 PM
In response to Seaexplore

I have the Creative Memories corner rounder...I like it better than any other that I've used. They also have a scalloped corner punch, but I do not like it as well.

I had a corner rounder from WM...it was green I think?? It was a piece of trash! Cut just a few times and then it was so dull it wouldn't cut anymore. To me it was hard to get lined up. The CM one is much more sturdy and I've used it lots of times and it is still sharp as ever!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to LeeLo

Another way to round corners is to use decorative scissors. If you have a rounded, scalloped design, just use one notch on the design to round the corner.

It is definitely NOT as easy or consistent as a corner rounder, but it works in a pinch.

fishdc
fishdc 
Veteran
fishdc

The creative memories corner rounder is a great must have tool. If it does start to get "dull" and not work, use a small piece of wax paper or tinfoil and insert into the tool and round the corner like you would with a photo. This will sharpen it up again.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to fishdc

mine is a marvy uchida- just checked

JoanE
JoanE 
Idol
JoanE
  • JoanE on 07-26-08 03:14 PM
In response to Seaexplore

I have the CM one and it works great.
FYI the scallop one is dicontinued.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to JoanE

Yes - it's a must have tool and one of the first purchases I made when I first started!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to JoanE

• JoanE Said:
I have the CM one and it works great.
FYI the scallop one is dicontinued.

but still available at the moment. One of my customers just ordered it off my site.

Aman87
Aman87 
Tenant
Aman87
In response to moxiegirl23

hey, mabey you should look at this...?

http://www.ehow.com/video_4438455_basic-t ools-scrapbook...

New Kid On the Block
In response to Aman87

FYI, You can sharpen corner rounders with wax paper!

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to lylcreole1

I use the CM corner rounder and it works really well.

squid
squid 
Resident
squid
  • squid on 08-15-08 06:42 PM
In response to Tia Hokee

I have the green one from walmart and I love it!! But the creative memories one would be handy because of the little trap for the scrap it makes!!

armyscraper
Veteran
armyscraper
In response to squid

I bought one from Stampin' Up a few years ago. And I love it! Definately a MUST HAVE!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics