Username Post: acrylic album help please        (Topic#1471425)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I am planning on making an acrylic album but I have a question.

Do you cover the whole clear sheet or parts of it??

Amy Chomas
Veteran
Amy Chomas
In response to lilmrmaid

When I did one I only covered parts of the acrylic. Just make sure that whatever you cover on one side, you cover on the other, you don't want adhesive to show. Flourish rubons are awesome for this!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Amy Chomas

I'm doing my first and I'm covering it all ... but I've seen both. Go the the gallery and type in acrylic album or clear album and you'll see some of both.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to peenut_23

I only colored parts of mine. I have done 2 and am now working on some acrylic photo frames.

Clear Scraps Mini Album
By Homesclscrapper

Clear Scraps Acrylic Album
By Homesclscrapper

I like leaving parts clear so that you can see through to the other layers.

scrapam
Guru
scrapam
In response to Nancy Keslin

I went to an acrylic album workshop & the LSS co-owner had us combine chipboard pages w/ acrylic pages. Besides the chipboard being less expensive, she said covering an entire acrylic page defe4ats the purpose of it being see through.It made so much sense to me. Cover the chipboard pages w/ the neat papers you want & do rub ons & neat see through stuff on the acrylic. There areso many neat things to do w/ this concept, it is so much fun (but can be alittle frustrating).

crystaljrieger
Veteran
crystaljrieger
In response to scrapam

I definitely like to leave areas clear on the pages - it is the fun effect of the acrylic album.

Tip - You can back photos with patterned paper before you adhere them down if some part is going to show on the other side of the clear page.

Have fun

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes
In response to crystaljrieger

I think the point is to really challenge yourself and not cover the whole page. I've tried different effects on my first acrlyic album, including using lace paper (painting the back) and bubble wrap stamping. It's turned out so cool so far!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to lilmrmaid

This product has a video that shows Kels putting one together. It helped me with how you can do them.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to crystaljrieger

• crystaljrieger Said:
I definitely like to leave areas clear on the pages - it is the fun effect of the acrylic album.

Tip - You can back photos with patterned paper before you adhere them down if some part is going to show on the other side of the clear page.

Have fun

LOVE that idea! Thanks!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics