Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: 3 ring albums        (Topic#1471517)
Grumpysmom
New Kid On the Block
Grumpysmom

I love love love the three ring albums... I can work on a page from older pictures and can put it right in the album in order of that time. They are the only albums that I use. this way I don't have to keep pulling my pages from the page protectors and moving them about...

god2006
Idol
god2006
In response to Grumpysmom

i am with you on that one i only use 3 ring binders also so convienent to use yeah!!!

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to god2006

which brands are there of 3 ring binders?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ScrapAddict21

I use Hiller (nka We R Memory Keepers )

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to Bxr-Linda

American Crafts brand are my favorite. They are D-Ring albums (3 rings) and the page protectors are true 12x12 as well.

I have about 17 of them filled now and love them!

MOon

scrappinfoofoo
Governor
scrappinfoofoo
In response to moonpuff

• moonpuff Said:
American Crafts brand are my favorite. They are D-Ring albums (3 rings) and the page protectors are true 12x12 as well.

MOon

How many pages will an album hold?

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to scrappinfoofoo

I have just recently converted to the 3 rings, and I don't think I will ever go back! I bought the American Craft d-rings.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to luv2scrap:)

I am glad I stumbled on this thread! I have been seriously thinking about buying a 3ring albumn! This clinches it!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to 2xblessed

I got mine at Kohl's! The brand is Burnes of Boston and they come in 8 1/2 by 11 and 12x12! They're always on sale, and I love how they turn out! They have a window on the front, close into a box, and tie closed. I keep checking everytime I'm at Kohl's to see if they have any more!

scrapbookbuzz
Diva
scrapbookbuzz
In response to married05

I've always used just the regular 3 ring binders you can get at just about any store. GREAT for those that scrapbook in 8.5 x 11. However, I just might have to peek into our Kohl's for what you're describing!

Now, if only I could find a 3 ring album in 8x8...

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to scrapbookbuzz

I've been happy with the Pioneer brand, but based on your comments am going to check out the American Crafts as well.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
I've been happy with the Pioneer brand, but based on your comments am going to check out the American Crafts as well.

Pioneer makes a 12x12 3-ring album??

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to Grumpysmom

I only use 3-ring albums, too for exactly the same reason! Plus life is too short for messing with post extenders. The Keeping Memories Alive albums are quite nice and reasonably priced (and so many pretty colors!), so that's what I've started using ever since M's quit carrying the Hiller albums.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:
The Keeping Memories Alive albums are quite nice and reasonably priced (and so many pretty colors!), so that's what I've started using ever since M's quit carrying the Hiller albums.

I was so bummed when M's quit carrying the Hiller. I bought the last ones they had when they were discontinued. Unless I really get on a roll, I probably won't need more albums for a while.

Do you think these are comparable in quality to the Hiller?

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • animemama Said:
The Keeping Memories Alive albums are quite nice and reasonably priced (and so many pretty colors!), so that's what I've started using ever since M's quit carrying the Hiller albums.

I was so bummed when M's quit carrying the Hiller. I bought the last ones they had when they were discontinued. Unless I really get on a roll, I probably won't need more albums for a while.

Do you think these are comparable in quality to the Hiller?

So far they seem good, nice rounded corners with metal protectors, sturdy, and they have the little plastic pocket on the spine to slip a card with the album dates or title in. And so far I haven't had a problem with the rings "separating" like on some of my Hiller albums. That might just be a function of them being newer, but some of my Hiller albums developed that problem when they were relatively new, so maybe not. They're maybe a teeeeny bit shorter in height, but still plenty big enough to protect true 12 x 12 pages with room to spare. So far I'm very happy with them. (I like them a lot more than the Pioneer D-ring binder I bought once.)

JenButler
Diva
JenButler
In response to animemama

I use We R Memory Keepers ! They're wonderful!

scrapbookbuzz
Diva
scrapbookbuzz
In response to JenButler

I'm going to have to look up some of these brands!

charmaine furman
Pro
charmaine furman
In response to scrapbookbuzz

I use American Crafts 3 ring albums too!

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to scrappinfoofoo

• scrappinfoofoo Said:
  • moonpuff Said:

MOon

I am a chunky scrapper.. my pages are very thickly layered. I get about 30-35 page protectors in a d-ring album.

Edited by moonpuff on 08-24-08 02:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 08-24-08 03:22 PM
In response to moonpuff

• moonpuff Said:
  • scrappinfoofoo Said:
  • moonpuff Said:

MOon

I am a chunky scrapper.. my pages are very thickly layered. I get about 30-35 page protectors in a d-ring album.

Chunky? That sounds so...not right. How about "fluffy"?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics