Username Post: Creative Photography Retreat - FYI        (Topic#1471545)
mkgCK
mkgCK 
New Kid On the Block
mkgCK
  • mkgCK on 07-16-08 01:56 PM

My family affectionately calls me "The Unofficial Family Photographer"... which basically means, I'm always the one taking the pictures. Anyone else known for being officially the unofficial photographer for all of your family and friends?

Then this event was made for you!

Creative Photography Retreat

What’s CPR all about?

Creative Photography Retreat (CPR) is here to empower you with the skills you’ll need to take more of the photographs you’ve always wanted- higher caliber and quality shots to inspire and last for generations

Register for your spot at this debut event - the only one of its kind - where you’ll indulge in two days of exclusive and specialized photography training with a creative scrapbooking focus.

This is a great opportunity to study the capacity of your SLR or dSLR camera.

Surround yourself with aspiring photographers like yourself while you learn from some of the industry’s most qualified photographers and inspirational scrapbook experts.

Instructors include:

Candice Stringham

Erin Manning- sponsored by Canon

Jessica Sprague

Renee Pearson

Karen Carey

Nichole Hill

AND MORE!

When and where is CPR?

San Jose, CA: August 28-30, 2008
Stamford, CT: October 9-11, 2008

Class Subjects

CPR’s interactive classes will provide you with hands-on experience and “exposure” to top techniques for capturing everyday moments, creating priceless portraits, and making your photographs even better than ever. You’ll learn to perfect even the trickiest of photography and editing skills.

- Natural light studies
- Flash training
- Photojournalism techniques
- Still life and interior shoots
- Portraiture sessions
- Photo fixing
- Photo enhancement

We're also pleased to announce the Key Note Speakers for both events:

ALI EDWARDS

LISA BEARNSON

You’ll leave Creative Photography Retreat with the tools, skills and inspiration to expand your creativity in photography and the art of scrapbooking!

Anyone else thinking about going?

Bellanca
Guru
Bellanca
In response to mkgCK

I'd go in a heartbeat if I had my new camera. I plan on moving up to a DSLR but now it is on hold until next year. Of course the New England location also plays a huge role in my interest. I would never be able to fly to something like this.

I hope interest keeps this going next year AND it returns to New England.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Bellanca

I wish I could. San Jose is local, but I just can't afford it right now.

Cindy

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to cindy312

Erin Manning? I would love to see Erin live and in person!

Karen Bowers
Pro
Karen Bowers
In response to Megan - ForumTech

i'm going! i was just coming to look in the forum to see if there was a CPR thread (and to start one if there wasn't!).

3DCaliGirl
Idol
3DCaliGirl
In response to Karen Bowers

I would love it, I'm so close to San Jose, it's not even funny. I just can't swing it financially. Bummer.

skarletbegonias
Guru
skarletbegonias
In response to 3DCaliGirl

I've never heard of it before. It sounds fantastic I wish there was one close to me.

cathyy
cathyy 
Idol
cathyy
In response to skarletbegonias

I would love to go to this!! I would give up about anything to be able to go!!

Is this something that they plan on doing yearly? Is this the first one?

mkgCK
mkgCK 
New Kid On the Block
mkgCK
  • mkgCK on 09-02-08 12:59 PM
In response to cathyy

Any updates from anyone who attended CPR-San Jose?

Saw this feedback on Jessica's Blog
http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/blog/2008/9/1/creativ ...

Good information about her class and what attendees learned from her.

scraphappy40
Idol
scraphappy40
In response to mkgCK

I would love to attend. Way down in Florida. Just cant do it right now. But I am officially know as my familys photographer also. The only thing I dont like is that they always expect me to go to their functions just to take pictures of their kids. I have a sis in law that has the stuff to scrapbook but never does and always wants me to take more pictures. I told her I wasnt taking pictures to sit in a shoe box

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to scraphappy40

Oh, I wish I could of gone! Ever consider holding one in the Twin Cities, MN??? Yes, I am the family photographer and also for friends and such. Always, always, always the one behind the camera. I would love to be able to hone in my skills!!! Can't afford to fly anywhere, but if ever in the Twin Cities, let me know!!

mkgCK
mkgCK 
New Kid On the Block
mkgCK
  • mkgCK on 01-08-09 07:45 PM
In response to momma paparazzi

There is a CPR planned for 2009, but we're still finalizing the details and will let you know for sure once everything is set and ready to proceed.

In the mean time, Creating Keepsakes Convention is coming to the Twin Cities this year. Last year was our first year and we're excited to say we'll be back again in 2009! Still finalizing a date there, too, but as of now we'd love to see you at the St. Paul RiverCentre in St. Paul, MN!

Thanks for your interest.

Melanie

alysse
alysse 
Guru
alysse
In response to mkgCK

I really wanted to go and San Jose is sooo close, but it was only the second week of school! Can you have one in the summer!?!

TurtleLove
Expert
TurtleLove
In response to alysse

Oh my goodness this looks awesome! I would love to go but obviously from FL it is a bit of a haul. Hope everyone who is going has a fantastic time!

Tenant
In response to TurtleLove

gosh i want it so much ( not for the photography, but because i will meet you guys..)

anyways i'll try to schedule myself in

Tenant
In response to BloodDiamond

Here i get to know about that first i was not apprise about that. I think i am at right place to find something new info like that.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mkgCK

Oh heaven's if this was closer I'd be there in a heart beat. I'd love to have them come to the Seattle area!

My family always teases that they don't need to worry about even owning a camera because I always have mine. With my boys now though, I am finding it harder and harder to get the photos uploaded, picked through and shared with the rest of the family.

Tenant
In response to CreatewithChristine@msn.c

I wanna to do a real time photography and image editing. Is there any website for this. I know its not a right place to ask this question but I am. So, sorry in advance.

New Kid On the Block
In response to allisa1

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and maybe this has already been asked & answered but, will there be another Creative Photography Retreat?

Thank you
Melisa

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics