Username Post: Fun new toys?!        (Topic#1472177)
genni
genni 
Guru
genni
  • genni on 07-20-08 08:06 PM

I know there are threads about your fav sb item and tools you can't live without. BUT, I thought it would be interesting to share any new and fun things you've recently purchased that may not necessarily be a fav, but you want others to know about. (Don't forget to share why you like it)

I just bought Making Memories rub-on books "doodles" with 82 rub-ons. I've used it in every lo I've done since I bought them ( 4 lo in all so far). So fun and easy to use. (Looks way better than my free hand doodles!) You can leave them plan or color in with pencil/marker/etc.

krissykat
Expert
krissykat
In response to genni

I was excited to see little wooden block alphabet stamps in the $1 bin at M's. I bought 4 different sets. I think I will be using them a lot in journaling strips. I used them on my "A Star Was Born" layout for the strip that says, Name: and date:

genni
genni 
Guru
genni
  • genni on 07-20-08 08:28 PM
In response to krissykat

I got those little stamps too!!! I'm all for the dollar bin at M's!

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to genni

genni, where did you find those rub-ons?

scraproberts
Resident
scraproberts
In response to mariposa326

I got the Threading Water punch at the Atlanta Scrapbook Expo. I had been searching for it at home forever! And then I found it misplaced at one of the booths at the expo and snatched it up!

genni
genni 
Guru
genni
  • genni on 07-21-08 05:28 AM
In response to scraproberts

Lauren, I got them at M's. They have several different MM rub-ons, but the doodle ones are sooo fun!

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to genni

I bought a bunch of Basic Grey 's plain chipboard. And I love it, you can paint it, ink it, glitter it, whatever. Since I bought 10 different packages, I have really been having some fun!

crystaljrieger
Veteran
crystaljrieger
In response to stefanyb123

I can't seem to get enough of the Passport collection from MM. It seems to go with everything summer.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to stefanyb123

Oh!!!! I think I got five or six of those little $1 alphabets yesterday at JoAnns; I can't wait to use them!

I just got a cuttlebug, but haven't really used it much. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE glimmer mist! I'm slowly building up an arsenal of the stuff!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to ScrapperSara22

Love my Bazzill in stitchz' templates!!

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to luv2scrap:)

i just got the Bazzill stitchz template - havent tried it yet. i can't wait for all the new cha stuff to come out, i know there's a lot there i want.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to stephie

Metallic Sequin Black acrylic paint + brush on diamonds glitter.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to crystaljrieger

• crystaljrieger Said:
I can't seem to get enough of the Passport collection from MM. It seems to go with everything summer.

I just LOVE that collection! I got it as a DT perk a while back to do some of my old Europe pics and it's just perfect! The colors, patterns, everything is just awesome.

I've been playing with Snow tex, watercolors (in a tube), and charcoal pencils a bit lately. Not really scrapbooking items, but I use them for scrapbooking.

Oliquig
Resident
Oliquig
In response to Here Kitty

I just got the BG rub on tool. I love it it works so well on all kinds of rubons, even these metallic ones I have that are gorgeous, but a pita!

genni
genni 
Guru
genni
  • genni on 07-21-08 08:48 AM
In response to annoniemous

• saquartey Said:
Metallic Sequin Black acrylic paint + brush on diamonds glitter.

Where do you get brush on diamonds glitter? I would love that. I have no glitter in my collection. Well, I have tons of glitter in the girls' craft closet, and in my make-up box (don't ask) but for some reason I have never sbooked with it!

genni
genni 
Guru
genni
  • genni on 07-21-08 08:49 AM
In response to Oliquig

• Oliquig Said:
I just got the BG rub on tool. I love it it works so well on all kinds of rubons, even these metallic ones I have that are gorgeous, but a pita!

I have that tool too, I love it! It works great with the MM rub-on doodles that I've been raving about!

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to genni

Tim Holtz distress ink pads. I bought one from sb.com , and liked it so much, I bought two more at HL while they were 50% off last week!

Oh, and I have to agree with the BG Rub-on tool. I would have never thought I would have used it as much as I do. WAY better than popsicle sticks!

Edited by tmmvol on 07-21-08 11:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to tmmvol

I agree with the distress pads.
I need to learn how to emboss next!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics