Username Post: Notebook Paper in LO        (Topic#1472619)
Amonika
Expert
Amonika

I'm looking for something that is like notebook paper but is acid free and safe for archival. Does anybody have any suggestions? I have no idea where to even start. I want DH and I to write letters to our DD for her 1st birthday about our hopes and dreams for her and then put them into her scrapbook for her to read when she's older. However, I want to do it on something lined that looks like traditional paper.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Amonika

Here are some lined papers.

OH! Someone posted this link earlier and I saved it. http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/ Go almost to the bottom of the page, and there is printable notebook paper...just print on some acid-free cardstock/paper!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to scraprabbit

I listed some below!! Hope that helps!

Catherine77
Veteran
Catherine77
In response to SQ Mandi

You could also just use regular notebook paper too, and treat it with and archival safe spray (that renders it Acid Free).

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to Catherine77

I have found that most regular office/school paper now is acid-free. Get a pH testing pen (there's one by American Crafts , I think, here at scrapbook.com, and you can also find them at arts & crafts supply stores) and check some. I've tested the plain white paper I use in my printer, and also some spiral notebooks I got from Target, and they're all acid-free. I even found that the backs of some of the notebooks were acid-free (free chipboard!!)

hollystar
Veteran
hollystar
In response to animemama

unless you're planning on mounting photos on the notebook paper, you need not worry. the main reason (as i've come to understand it) that we uuse archival quality materials is so the photos are not yellowed by the acid/lignin in the paper. no photos, no worries....

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to hollystar

heres some I like.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to hollystar

• hollystar Said:
unless you're planning on mounting photos on the notebook paper, you need not worry. the main reason (as i've come to understand it) that we uuse archival quality materials is so the photos are not yellowed by the acid/lignin in the paper. no photos, no worries....

regular paper can yellow and turn brittle because of the acid/lignon. It's not just a photo issue.

CM sells lined acid free/lignon free/ bufferred cardstock sheets. PM me for the link.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to moxiegirl23

I also say that u could scan the notebook paper!

mkthomas
Veteran
mkthomas
In response to moxiegirl23

I have some from Scenic Route that I have but I am not sure what line it is from.

Amonika
Expert
Amonika
In response to mkthomas

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help.

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to Amonika

I bought some single sheets at HL during their recent sale... not sure of the brand...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics