Page 1 of 128 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week 73 Summertime        (Topic#1472791)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself here in the update blog and also here in the Prayer Request Blog. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Buy bling! Have bling! Use bling! Bling is a beautiful thing!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights... Just read responsibly.

Edited by SticklesQueenMoxie on 07-29-08 02:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

• jelly97 Said:
If you have any DCWV papers (neutral stack, I think) from the lot (CS-004-00001)... you may want to check your papers for acidity...

I'm convinced I'll be getting a pH pen for testing my paper for acidity. Esp on the heritage LOs.

I think mfg quality is very hard to control when it's overseas.. you have to rely on sample testing AND the reputation of your supplier (certification does have some use to some degree).. so I think it's possible for things like these to happen to the largest companies....

I know recall is very very costly, but as a business, I would at least refund the person who tested her paper acidic or send her a new stack. Instead of simply questioning her pen... which could be valid.. BUT it's always good PR and good business practice to at least try to investigate an issue that a customer has..... (eg look into the lot number, do some internal testing.. which they may have been doing already)....

The more I read responses here, the closer I am to deciding that I have no interest in buying from DCVW again. I'm still not sure if I want to keep the stacks I have. It wasn't even my thread and I feel violated because DCWV called someone at sb.com and asked that the thread be mopped. No one was rude or mean. There were no calls for boycott or a lynch mob. People were concerned and a little upset and willing to accept a variety of explanations. There was no need for the thread to be mopped except to placate an embarassed company. What's next, another glitter glue company asking that threads promoting stickles as better than other glitter glues be mopped?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • leebla Said:
OMG I am just thinking to myself "Why doesn't anyone make nice paper roses for scrapbooking...every dang plower out there but roses...and what should appear in the superstore...

You CAN link here so we can over it, too.

Years ago I bought a red vellum premade sbing rose. I think it's a Jolee's. Still have. I've made my own copying it but never used the original. Basically circles with parts folded over.

If you need roses, QuicKutz makes a rose die.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• leebla Said:
this site went totally wonky on my computer a minute ago....\

what I tried to post is that I found a site that has them on pre-order, but they ship in September

I'm going to be placing an order in a day or so, I think.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I just placed my pre-order for the 18 new bottles of Stickles.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:

You just had to beat me to it, didn't ya!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

You just had to beat me to it, didn't ya!

Refers Elizabeth to the second line of MY siggy.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

okay, I really have to evaluate what I should be doing today...because after having let the alarma wake me every 9 minutes for an hour, hubby did decide to stay home today...and I HAD planned to go to my office today...I have equipment that I am hoping is coming in today, and I won't have time to go get early enough next week. And paperwork issues that need resolved. And about 12 million notes I made when surfing the P&P book word by word...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

My new Stickles are also pre-ordered! It will seem like Christmas when they show up!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I also just ordered the rest of the Ranger Liquid Pearl colors that I don't have (except one they were out of)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I didn't get any of those yet. Once I start bringing in some more money, then I'll grab those.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

nope got that one too!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I picked up two at a stamping store here, only because they were in my wedding colors and the lady told me if I liked Stickles I would like the Liquid Pearls...I do!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

That's what I used to highlight the swirls on this layout.

Sisters
By Leebla

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

They're pretty. Nice layout, too!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh I need to find out what hubby's plan for the day is so I can figure out what I need to do.

Don't know why it should even bother me, since I don't know how many times I wished he would take a day off and spend with me, and he couldn't spare the time.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
They're pretty. Nice layout, too!

Thank you!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla