Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Albums...what do you use, and why?        (Topic#1472831)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

'nother one for my own curiosity. I've probably had one of almost everything...and I'm looking to standardize 'em a bit.

What's your fave?

bobbij
bobbij 
Governor
bobbij
In response to Megan - ForumTech

not really experienced, but I do favor strap hinge and chipboard albums most!
hugs, Bobbie

JenButler
Diva
JenButler

I LOVE the We R Memory Keepers 3-ring album. They're very well made and come in many colors. I dislike postbound so I went with the 3-ring.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to JenButler

I used to use strap hinge albums, but have switched to post bound albums because it is easier to add layouts (chronologically) when my sister comes across photos that she forgot to share with me.

cmeinstlouis
Idol
cmeinstlouis
In response to Tia Hokee

I personally like post bound, did not like strap very much at all. I also have a 3 ring which is nice because you can fit so many pages in there. I also use top loading page protectors because with 2 daughters, 2 step daughters, 4 grandchildren, one big dog and one handsome hubby, I find myself re-arranging and fitting pages in between others all of the time!

Tacomamommy
Resident
Tacomamommy
In response to Tia Hokee

I started using the strap hinge from cm but I found it a little too inflexible for moving pages around. Now I use the post bound. They're ok because I can move pages around more easily and only have to actually take them apart every once in a while. But I've been seriously considering switching to a D-ring for convenience/ease of use. The only thing that's stopped me is that I'm afraid my two page layouts won't look so nice. Only about 10% or less are two pagers so I'm not too concerned. Any recommendations on sturdy D-rings would be appreciated.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Tacomamommy

I have only used postbound Pioneer but converted them to the strap eze system. I love chipboard albums also

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to lilmrmaid

My favorite sizes are 8x8 and 8.5 x 11. Only because I love doing 8x8's and 8.5x11 pages. I use post bound.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to SQ Mandi

I like using American Crafts Modern Album Customizable 12 x 12 D-Ring albums

because.....

#1 I like that the cover is nekkid so I can alter it.

#2 There are options on the spine color

#3 I like that it is a 3 ring notebook style because it makes it simple to add pages of different sizes within the same album (a look I just love)

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to gg loves Matthew

Good thought!

Here's what I've used/have.

The American Crafts customizable one. It was a special gift album, and I just couldn't FIND what I wanted in a regular album.

Colorbok . This is usually my favorite. But I guess I'm getting bored with it.

Hiller - my first 3 ring. I'm kinda leaning towards switching to 3 ring. I only have....6? Maybe 5...pages in it so far. So not enough to know if I love it or not.

A Bazill post bound that's not made anymore. My daughter picked it. She loves it. Wasn't my fave. But I haven't tried THEIR 3 ring.

We R Memory Keepers . Another one that I've tried their post bound, but not the 3 ring. I'm really liking the COLOR of that blue one, tho.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Yeah. I'm replying to myself.

Anyone tried the KMA albums? They're on my potential list with the 3 ring thing, too...

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie

I really like the Pioneer ones in 12 x 12. Just purchased my first 3 ring from Disneyland, so I'm not if I will like it or not. I really like the idea of it.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to momtokatie

I use the 12x12 binders ... I've used Hillier and one other brand that I just recently bought, all leather and you can flip and add pages very easily! love them.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 07-25-08 10:57 AM
In response to SQ Mandi

My favorite albums are post bound. I have tried the strap hinge and do not like them at all. They're a pain and I do not like that the page is attached to the book and you put the cover over it. I would rather the protective cover be attached and you slip your pages down in them.

I thought when I first started scrapping that I would like the 3-ring albums but decided I didn't like my LOs spaced so far apart in the middle.

Tacomamommy
Resident
Tacomamommy
In response to momtokatie

Can you add both 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11 to this American Crafts album? Or any other type of album? I would love to have an album that could accomodate both.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:
My favorite albums are post bound. I have tried the strap hinge and do not like them at all. They're a pain and I do not like that the page is attached to the book and you put the cover over it. I would rather the protective cover be attached and you slip your pages down in them.

I thought when I first started scrapping that I would like the 3-ring albums but decided I didn't like my LOs spaced so far apart in the middle.

Yeah..somewhere early on, I tried a strap hinge. I'm not organized enough for those! I don't know where the pages will go til the end!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

For gift albums anything goes but these are usually post bound 12x12 or 8x8 albums. Not brand loyal but prefer ones with protected covers.

For my own albums I use office notebooks that I buy in bulk from office supply places. These are the white ones that you can slip papers in the fronts, backs and spines. I print out year and months onto strips of papers for the spines.

Since I started sbing with 8.5x11 papers, that's what I started with and still enjoy. Although recently, I've started doing 11x8.5 layouts, I still use the same the notebook albums.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Recently did a 60+ page 12x12 gift album for mother with this album. Really liked it!

Joda
Joda 
Guru
Joda
  • Joda on 07-25-08 11:08 AM
In response to Tacomamommy

• Tacomamommy Said:
Can you add both 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11 to this American Crafts album? Or any other type of album? I would love to have an album that could accomodate both.

I would love to know which albums accomodate mutliple sizes!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I really like SU 3 ring albums, because they seem to hold more pages. But, huge drawback is that you have to hold the pages at the bottom or they droop down. I have been curious about the newer CM ones, because I detested the old ones.
But I really like the ring albums. The droop factor is something I really can't stand though.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics