Page 2 of 4 
Username Post: Albums...what do you use, and why?        (Topic#1472831)
DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
  • Tacomamommy Said:
Can you add both 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11 to this American Crafts album? Or any other type of album? I would love to have an album that could accomodate both.

I would love to know which albums accomodate mutliple sizes!

Gosh I am so OCD I could not possibly think to put differing sizes in one album.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
  • Tacomamommy Said:
Can you add both 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11 to this American Crafts album? Or any other type of album? I would love to have an album that could accomodate both.

I'm sure you can with below albums. I'm a stickler for using sheet protectors, this one will take either 12x12 or 8.5x11 in whatever order. I'm sure post bound 12x12 albums will too but I just hate having to take them apart and avoid doing that if I can.

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to Vivian loves BLING

My boys' baby albums are CM.

My working progress albums are Westrim Post Bound (Wish I could still find these! They've really stood the test of time for me.)

I'm in the process of switching the school and sport albums over WRMK.

The Father's Day and Mother's Day albums are Pioneer . My BOM is MM.

So I'm all over the map LOL I like the post bound with top loading pages so I can move things around. I don't like D-rings because of the gap left between 2 page spreads and it's too much work to stitch those protectors together.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to scrapinboyz

STITCH? Oh, heck no. That would be work.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I staple my sheet protectors together when it's called for, no sewing required.

Tacomamommy
Resident
Tacomamommy

Stitching or stapling pages together? That sounds like an interesting idea. How do they lay if you do that?

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • Joda Said:
  • Tacomamommy Said:

Gosh I am so OCD I could not possibly think to put differing sizes in one album.

LOL! Well, my form of OCD won't allow me to have differing size albums on my shelf!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Tacomamommy

• Tacomamommy Said:
Stitching or stapling pages together? That sounds like an interesting idea. How do they lay if you do that?

I put the sheet protectors together like they would be in a post bound album. Then staple close to but not where the paper go in. I normally staple in the spots next to the holes.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • Joda Said:
  • Tacomamommy Said:

LOL! Well, my form of OCD won't allow me to have differing size albums on my shelf!

My OCD only limits me to scrap chronologically by year but my ADD allows me to work on several different years, gift albums, etc. at the same time.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to scrapinboyz

• scrapinboyz Said:

My working progress albums are Westrim Post Bound (Wish I could still find these! They've really stood the test of time for me.)

So I'm all over the map LOL I like the post bound with top loading pages so I can move things around. I don't like D-rings because of the gap left between 2 page spreads and it's too much work to stitch those protectors together.

Stitch protectors together? Why?

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol

I have one 3-ring binder (purchased at Disneyworld) that I DETEST because it required me to punch holes directly in my layouts. I didn't know enough about scrappin' to look for that when I purchased it.

Otherwise, all of my albums are post-bound, but a variety of manufacturers... Paper Studio, Colorbok , WRMK, K&Co., etc. etc.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up with! Does Diet Coke make binders?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

ok why do people staple and stitch protectors?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to tmmvol

• tmmvol Said:
I have one 3-ring binder (purchased at Disneyworld) that I DETEST because it required me to punch holes directly in my layouts. I didn't know enough about scrappin' to look for that when I purchased it.

Otherwise, all of my albums are post-bound, but a variety of manufacturers... Paper Studio, Colorbok , WRMK, K&Co., etc. etc.

You couldn't just use 3 ring binder protectors instead of punching holes in your LO's?

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to DawnInAZ

American Crafts 12x12 D ring albums

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to tmmvol

• tmmvol Said:

If they did, my dilemma would be OVER!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • scrapinboyz Said:

Stitch protectors together? Why?

When a photo is spread across both pages, or the title or some other element, is why you want to put the protectors together. This is in reference to 3-ring albums where there may be a big gap between facing pages, not post or strap bound albums where pages are butted up next to each other.

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to DawnInAZ

My fave is the 12x12 Making Memories Noteworthy Dring album. I love how easy it is to rearrange layouts and add more page protectors . I have used both post bound and strap hinge albums and found it a pain in the rear to add more page protectors and I have had the strap hinge album break on me. Plus the Making Memories album is fairly inexpensive, around $20 I think. I found mine on sale or $15.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to tmmvol

• tmmvol Said:

Is this album for 12x12 or 8.5x11 pages? You may have gotten one for 8.5x11 pages where 12x12 will only fit if they're hole punched.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 07-25-08 12:00 PM
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I started out using exclusively CM but the fact that they weren't true 12 x 12 and having to lay everything out chronologically made them to much of a pain for me. Not to mention the price has skyrocketed since I was a CM.

I have gone to post bound converted to strap eze. I love the flexibility and the fact that since 99% of my layouts are two pagers, they remain close together and "flow" better. I never cared for the post bound because they were hard to add pages to but the strap eze has made my life much, much easier!! My DD usually uses D ring for the amount she can put in them. She has a LOT of friends pictures.

Josiology
Guru
Josiology

Oh, I just realized I didn't answer the OP. :P

I've been using the We R Memory Keepers , postbound, classic leather-ish kind. I'm thinking of going to D-Ring....here's what I'm looking for:

-D-Ring that will hold page protectors that are 12x12, 8.5x11, 8x8, and 6x6.

-D-ring album that the pages don't "droop" when you lift it up.

-Good quality, durable, from a company that's not likely to go out of business soon. I'm a stickler for all my albums being the same brand, so I'd hate to not be able to find the one I want a year from now.

Edited by Joda on 07-25-08 12:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 2 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics