Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: Albums...what do you use, and why?        (Topic#1472831)
gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Tacomamommy

• Tacomamommy Said:
Can you add both 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11 to this American Crafts album? Or any other type of album? I would love to have an album that could accomodate both.

I sent you a pm!

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • tmmvol Said:
I have one 3-ring binder (purchased at Disneyworld) that I DETEST because it required me to punch holes directly in my layouts. I didn't know enough about scrappin' to look for that when I purchased it.

Otherwise, all of my albums are post-bound, but a variety of manufacturers... Paper Studio, Colorbok , WRMK, K&Co., etc. etc.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up with! Does Diet Coke make binders?

Is this album for 12x12 or 8.5x11 pages? You may have gotten one for 8.5x11 pages where 12x12 will only fit if they're hole punched.

Nope, it came with 12x12 protectors, so I thought I was good. Not until I got home with it and took it out of the shrink-wrap did I realize that the protectors have the holes punched directly in them. No edge strip with holes or anything -- just 12x12 mylar with holes in it. Oh well. I used it just for that year's Disney trip and won't be adding to it or anything. This was about 3 years ago, so I'm hoping they've upgraded since then!

Joda
Joda 
Guru
Joda
  • Joda on 07-25-08 12:29 PM
In response to gg loves Matthew

• gg loves Matthew Said:
  • Tacomamommy Said:
Can you add both 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11 to this American Crafts album? Or any other type of album? I would love to have an album that could accomodate both.

I sent you a pm!

Hey! If that pm was about albums that accomodate different sizes, will ya send it my way too?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to tmmvol

• tmmvol Said:
  • Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • tmmvol Said:
I have one 3-ring binder (purchased at Disneyworld) that I DETEST because it required me to punch holes directly in my layouts. I didn't know enough about scrappin' to look for that when I purchased it.

Otherwise, all of my albums are post-bound, but a variety of manufacturers... Paper Studio, Colorbok , WRMK, K&Co., etc. etc.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up with! Does Diet Coke make binders?

Is this album for 12x12 or 8.5x11 pages? You may have gotten one for 8.5x11 pages where 12x12 will only fit if they're hole punched.

Nope, it came with 12x12 protectors, so I thought I was good. Not until I got home with it and took it out of the shrink-wrap did I realize that the protectors have the holes punched directly in them. No edge strip with holes or anything -- just 12x12 mylar with holes in it. Oh well. I used it just for that year's Disney trip and won't be adding to it or anything. This was about 3 years ago, so I'm hoping they've upgraded since then!

That's awful! What were they thinking!?

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to Vivian loves BLING

It put me off of even considering 3-ring binders because I thought they would all be like that!

I had a scrapbook that Hallmark made back in the 1980s that was postbound -- but the posts were plastic, and stripped the first time I tried to unscrew them! Crazy!

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I just bought 4 new albums from the superstore! I love the 3 ring binder type which is easier to move things around when I forget something or want to add another page.I bought a post bound wedding album and began putting my pages in and already, I'm over the allotted limit, even with the extender posts. I like albums that can hold a lot because my books are always large. I scrap everything I keep.

I can't wait to get home and open my new albums!

animemama
Veteran
animemama

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
Yeah. I'm replying to myself.

Anyone tried the KMA albums? They're on my potential list with the 3 ring thing, too...

I love the KMA albums. The quality is beautiful and the price is friendly.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_

i like the post bound ones, they work the best for me.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I'm curious about D-rings, but so far have been sticking with Colorbok (12 x 12, post bound). I've tried a couple other post bounds, but they weren't true "12 x 12", and I found that I had to cut my pages down to fit them. I've never had that problem with Colorbok - even with lumpy pages. I love the look of post bound, and so far, my albums are holding up well for me. But I'm following the thread, in case I've been missing out on something better.
Products Referenced in This Post:

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to bashfulscrapper

Just a point if you are considering D ring type binders as we have discussed here......If you are a 2 page layout person this may not be the way you want to go because there is a gap between the pages just as in a notebook.

I never do two pagers so it works perfect for my needs.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Great thread... thanks for all the ideas!

I get my albums from various places when they are on sale .. I've got K&Co, Pioneer and Making Memories .. they are all post bound, 12x12. My BOM & CJ albums are post bound, 8x8. And I love them all!

I am going to my 2nd acrylic album class tomorrow ... the ones I've made are much smaller in size (6x6).. but they work great as gift albums, I would think. Esp for displaying photos on coffee table/console. I think I'm going to make one for my living room.

I haven't done a chipboard album either, but I think those will also make great gift albums.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

I like 3 ring with top loading page protectors because they are the easiest to use to me.

I love WRMK because I photo sleeves and this is how I now store ALL my photos. I like the quality of WRMK also.

I have an AC album that is chipboard and as fun as it can be to decorate the outside like that, I think I prefer the leather or imitation leather ones that WRMK has simply because I fear the work I put in to the cover makes it require extra care on bookshelves and such and I just like my cover simple and clean. Theirs look nice as is to me.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Joda

• Joda Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • Joda Said:
  • Tacomamommy Said:

I would love to know which albums accomodate mutliple sizes!

Gosh I am so OCD I could not possibly think to put differing sizes in one album.

LOL! Well, my form of OCD won't allow me to have differing size albums on my shelf!

Um, not OCD, but.... I have been seeking these out. My reason is actually similar.

I don't scrap chronologically, but I like to rearrange in order. I also have visions of some day having kids and they might want to split up my albums ( I would want to do that to my mom's stuff...some stuff is more ideal for each sibling and the idea of making 3 pages about everything is absurd to me. I have no kids though so I can't even say how many pages would be needed...so for originals they can divide up and put them how they want them or make copies).

That said... I was anal about only scrappin' 12x12 for a while because I hated that the albums could then not be rearranged so I would have to think ahead of time about what goes in what. I then realized I really like other page sizes... so my solution... 12x12 albums with different sized page protectors . I love it!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• gg loves Matthew Said:
Just a point if you are considering D ring type binders as we have discussed here......If you are a 2 page layout person this may not be the way you want to go because there is a gap between the pages just as in a notebook.

I never do two pagers so it works perfect for my needs.

Hence why I use staples. I do mainly 2-pagers and most don't have to butted up next to each other but for the ones that do need to be that close, I staple the protectors together to get the same effect as post/strap bound albums.

Joda
Joda 
Guru
Joda
  • Joda on 07-26-08 06:06 AM
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Um, not OCD, but.... I have been seeking these out. My reason is actually similar.

I don't scrap chronologically, but I like to rearrange in order. I also have visions of some day having kids and they might want to split up my albums ( I would want to do that to my mom's stuff...some stuff is more ideal for each sibling and the idea of making 3 pages about everything is absurd to me. I have no kids though so I can't even say how many pages would be needed...so for originals they can divide up and put them how they want them or make copies).

That said... I was anal about only scrappin' 12x12 for a while because I hated that the albums could then not be rearranged so I would have to think ahead of time about what goes in what. I then realized I really like other page sizes... so my solution... 12x12 albums with different sized page protectors . I love it!

Oh yeah, that's definitely me! I use WRMK albums too - Up till now I haven't tried putting other sized page protectors in them because I just assumed they wouldn't fit. I'm taking it you have, and they fit? (can you sense the excitement in my post??? LOL!)

Edited by Joda on 07-26-08 06:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vanessajd2285
Veteran
vanessajd2285
In response to DawnInAZ

i only use Pioneer snap load albums!! they are awesome then the post bound since i can never find a way to extend those and my dd2 ended up with 3 first year albums!! dd2 will only haveone since it says it can hold up to 300 pages or something like that!

Bellanca
Guru
Bellanca
In response to Joda

I've just been using the Colorbok 12 by 12 post bound albums. I like that they are identical in shape but I can have different colors for each person in the family. They hold up extremely well and I don't have difficulty fitting anything inside the page protectors .

I got an AMM album that was gorgeous for my daughter's baby book and not a single page fit in it properly. I also discovered I didn't like having a shelf of albums that looked so different from each other.

catwil
catwil 
Guru
catwil
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I have only used postbound Pioneer but converted them to the strap eze system. I love chipboard albums also

What's the strap eze system? I prefer strap bound, because the post bound ones I have used I have had problems with the pages slipping out of the protectors (my books get looked at a LOT, since my kids love to go through them). The problem with strap bound is that they tend to cost a little more and I have a hard time finding them in my little podunk town. I usually have to drive about 2 hours away to find them or order them online.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-26-08 08:36 AM
In response to catwil

I use only Creative Memories albums. why? Because I quality and these albums are top of the line!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to SQ Mandi

• SticklesJunkieMandi Said:
My favorite sizes are 8x8 and 8.5 x 11. Only because I love doing 8x8's and 8.5x11 pages. I use post bound.

I love those sizes, too, Mandi. The 8x8 is a great gift album size, and so is the 6x6, but I work in all sizes up to 12x12. Smallest I've done is 3x3. THAT one was hard!

All but one of my albums are postbound, the one that isn't is three-ring. A dear friend made me a photo album out of a three-ring notebook several years ago. I am rather attached to it, so when I got involved in scrapping I switched out the pages and use it as an 8.5x11 scrapbook.

I usually work in 6x6, 8x8, or 8.5x11 because they're easier to scan and share here. 12x12 I can scan, but have to stitch together.

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics