Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: Albums...what do you use, and why?        (Topic#1472831)
KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to BlingQueenRia

I like the Colorbok albums too! I only have 1 but it is very nice

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to KellyLeigh

I was using 8.5 x 11 a photo album with the sticky pages when I started,wasn't into it.Now 12x12 post bound.

Amonika
Expert
Amonika
In response to DawnInAZ

Straphinge albums and I have standardized to the Pioneer Straphinge album. Love that thing.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 07-27-08 06:37 AM
In response to Amonika

I use post bound albums, although I make sure now days that they have 3 posts, I had a couple of albums that only had 2 and they didn't hold up well at all...I love the K and Company albums.
Back in the day when I was making 8.5x11 albums I was buying binders and covering them with fabric...they have survived for years....I have started collecting the 8x8 albums and have several, although I have yet to make any LO's that size.

catwil
catwil 
Guru
catwil
In response to Amonika

• Amonika Said:
Straphinge albums and I have standardized to the Pioneer Straphinge album. Love that thing.

What kind of pages do they have? Do they have pages like Creative Memories? I have seen one with protectors like the postbound albums, but I don't remember which brand it was. I recently got a Westrim strapbound, but it already broke (less than a month old).

amber@MSP
Resident
amber@MSP
In response to DawnInAZ

You all must try this:

Use a 3 ring (preferrably a D-ring) as a "work in progress" album. I feel like I am like most people who don't scrap exactly in chronological order-I mean who is that organized?! So, as you complete layouts put them in the binder style. THEN....As you have worked well beyond a timeframe, say Summer 2007, or 2003 if your like me (lol)...then transfer them to a post-bound or strap-hinge, or whatever your preference is.

I personally don't mind leaving them in a binder style, except on those layouts where a picture or title might be split over the two pages. That's where I prefer a large post bound (at least 2" single posts).

I know it's not for everyone, but it works for me. I think We R and American Crafts have some great options.

amber@MSP
Resident
amber@MSP
In response to amber@MSP

Oh, btw....I just became a "tenant!" Thanks for having a thread I wanted to post to, making my status change! How exciting!

LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea
In response to amber@MSP

Only K&Co for me!

LindaScraps2
Idol
LindaScraps2
In response to DawnInAZ

We R Memory Keepers 3 ring 12x12 is what i like the best. i love doing 12 x 12 lo's and i find that i do not have to cut down the page to fit it into the top loading sleeve

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to LindaScraps2

I use American Crafts 12x12 3-ring binders, for a couple of reasons.

I like that I can have all my albums the same- they look so neat and tidy lined up on the shelf. Yes, I am OCD that way.

I like that I can put any size page in the album. I got the idea from a post on Ali Edwards blog earlier this year. I immediately loved it and pulled all my pages out of my post-bound album and dropped them into a 3-Ring. They're so easy to rearrange, too!

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics