Page 1 of 46 
Username Post: ~~~ August Anything Goes ~~~ WINNERS Posted!        (Topic#1472973)
CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker

Welcome to August! It's time for another fun month of AGC!! We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS NOW CLOSED - PLEASE JOIN US IN SEPTEMBER

Only pages that are completed and uploaded on or after August 1 count towards your total points and layouts.

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than August 15th. Please mail to Jessica Chaney, 6749 Barnes Drive West, Theodore, AL 36582.

Or you can pay via PayPal by sending money to jesschaney@comcast.net . If you choose to pay this way, you must pay $8.55 to cover paypal fees.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com !

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than your goal of 10 (or less) then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday (small things that can usually be worked into any layout), and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, and you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed, then link it here for me and I will add to the first post by your name.)

5 – Favorite layout poll - Closer to the end of the month, I will ask for everyone to PM me their favorite layout that was completed/posted in the AGC thread. I will take the top 5 and put them in a poll for all of sb.com to vote on. The one with the most votes will win a prize.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one of the first two categories, but everyone has a fair chance for the others.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above= 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for the other categories of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

PLAYERS LIST:

1. Pookahbot's Blog 9/15 and 3509
2. senora_x's Blog 13/10 and 2282
3. BJscrapsalot's Blog 10/10 and 3026 RANDOM DRAWING OF ALL THAT MET GOAL
4. scrapn2's Blog 9/30 and 4810

5. Nickel - Cosmopolitan Scrappers's Blog 0/15
6. Quay's Blog 59/50 and 18494
7. cporter's Blog 27/10 and 7432 MOST DAILY CHALLENGES COMPLETED
8. Rhayne 10/10 and 6579
MOST POINTS 10 OR LESS LAYOUTS
9. taeklund's Blog 46/10 and 23854 MOST POINTS OVERALL
10. Meak72's Blog 15/15 and 6080
11. GypsyMama's Blog 1/5 and 802
12. ScrappyNewMom's Blog 24/20 and 2530
13. MelissaW's Blog 15/15 and 6083 FAVE LAYOUT
14. Msnickers2's Blog 8/20 and 1484
15. thirdgrade's Blog 6/15 and 2335
16. Robinbird79's Blog 20/20 and 5686
17. 2lilbugs's Blog 23/20 and 8029
18. iheartaslan's Blog 5/10 and 5494
19. jjfer's Blog 18/15 and 6178
20. marciaray's Blog 20/20 and 1748
21. ladyscrap46's Blog 29/29 and 7208
22. blue_elephant's Blog 11/35 and 2771
23. Gabigabs 27/20 and 10348
24. B2Hearts's Blog 16/15 and 3359
25. winescrapper 3/10 and 946
26. nurseebol's Blog 10/8 and 4285
27. CGMoon's Blog 4/5 and 1505

= money received
= goal met
bold = PM'd final totals

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to CrazyScrapbooker

POINTS LIST:

Layout/Project points:

1 POINT ITEMS:
- PER word of journaling (does NOT include title, quotes, poetry or pre-made embellies)
- PER photo corner
- PER eyelet
- PER button
- PER staple
- PER any other metal item not listed above (brads, paper clips, grommets, etc.)
- PER loose jewel/rhinestone used
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rubons, diecut, etc.)

5 POINT ITEMS:
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER chipboard shape (NOT letters or numbers)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 5 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 8x8 or smaller (must have a link in this forum)
- PER ribbon and/or fiber used
- PER rub-on shape (anything but letters/numbers)
- PER flourish/swirl
- PER 3D flower (or stacked paper with at least 3 layers)
- PER bling shape/border/words (not individual jewels)
- for using scallops on your layout
- for having a tag (hidden or showing – if hidden you must link a pic here)
- for using felt items
- for using vellum
- for distressing (any type)
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for creating a LO for another challenge here at sb.com (must tell which challenge it was for)
- for using paint, chalk, ink, stickles or embossing on your layout or card
- for following a sketch, or scraplifting a member of this month’s AGC
- for using ghost items (alphas or shapes)
- for doodling
- for paper tearing
- for using non-scrapbook items on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using the following themes: water fun or nature
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 12x12 layout (must have a link in this forum)
- PER altered item created (can count points and layouts for item as long as it is linked here)
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- PER hand-cut embellies (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- for using overlays
- for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)
- for creating a layout entirely about Yourself (you must be the only person pictured on page)
- for sewing (hand or machine)
- for using bling (Rhinestones, glitter etc.)
- for doing a layout with no pictures
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph (actually on, not just overlapping)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than one month old
- PER black & white or sepia toned picture

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/10+ pics

ADDITIONAL POINTS

1 POINT:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any BLOG entry (must have a link to this forum)
- For updating your siggy points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (taken max of twice per day)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, OR NEED CLARIFICATION ON ANYTHING, PLEASE ASK... SOMEONE HERE WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker

Scrapbook Challenges:

Daily
These can be completed at your own pace unless otherwise stated, but earn an extra 10 points if completed on that day.

*August 1 - Set up siggy with August layouts/points totals for 100 points. NO EXTRA 10 FOR THIS and NO 5 FOR UPDATE SIGGY, because there is nothing to update if you are just setting it up
*August 2 - Buttons & Blossoms - use 10 or more flower AND 10 or more buttons on your layout for 65 points.
*August 3 - Today is friendship day. Scrap a special friendship for 100 points!
*August 4 - schools will soon be back in session so blog on the topic of school for 75 points.
*August 5 - today is neil armstrong's birthday! So use stars on a layout for 50 points. Bonus 25 points if you also use a moon!
*August 6 - scrap a page on a large diecut sheet of paper! There are so many fun, new diecut papers in the shapes of scalloped circles, brackets, hearts, road signs, etc. If you don't have any of these types of papers you can make your own! 50 points.
*August 7 - Use letter stickers to create a mask effect in your title! You can ink over them, paint, use crayons, etc. and then remove the stickers to reveal your title. 75 points.
*August 8 - Change your avatar today for 35 points!
*August 9 - create a layout and then use scraps from the layout to make a card for 45 points.
*August 10 - Because the Olympics are going on create a layout using the Olympic colors...red, black, green, yellow, and blue. Each color must be present in the layout in some form and no other colors may be used except in the picture. 75 pts
*August 11 - Today is fuzzy wuzzy day! Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, but Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, so Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy was he?!?!?! Is your layout like that bear, lacking in fuzz? Add some texture to your layout today! Use felt, velvet, corduroy, flocking, etc to make your layout fuzzy for 65 pts. Use a fuzzy wuzzy bear for an additional 10 pts!
*August 12 - music is all around us so why not use it as inspiration for a scrapbook page! Use music notes or other symbols for embellishment, song lyrics as journaling, make a lo about a concert, or just write about how music is present in your life! Make a musical lo for 65 pts!
*August 13 - Do you have a lot of diecuts and paper punches sitting in a drawer that you rarely use? Well, I know that I do! So today's challenge is to drag them out and use them on a layout or card for 50 pts!
*August 14 - Create a review layout....it can be for any amount of time...day,a month, a year, even a lifetime. For instance, A Day in the Life of Me, What We Did in January, Sally at 14, or The Amazing Life of Uncle Jim. 90 pts!
*August 15 - Today is National Relaxation Day so sit back, relax, and of course scrapbook! Take 25 points for each layout uploaded today!
*August 16 - Use at least 5 different ribbons on your layout today for 50 pts.
*August 17 - use a handmade you received in a swap (or as a gift) today for 65 points...use 2 of them for 100 points!
*August 18 - if you have a case of the mondays, take 50 free points
*August 19 - scrap your pet today (or another animal--zoo, a friend's pet, your birdfeeder--if you don't have one) for 90 points
*August 20 - get your needles ready! instead just 10 points for stitching, take 1 point for each HAND stitch you put on your one, single page layout
*August 21 - scrap that large photo today (5x7 or larger) for 75 points.
*August 22 - make a monochromatic layout today for 100 points (only shades of one color allowed, NO extra accent colors except in your photos--not even metallics, black or white!)
*August 23 - since we limited our colors yesterday, today, use no more and no less than 5 colors in your papers and embellishments for 50 points.
*August 24 - What’s in Your Purse?” Scrap a LO about your purse and all its goodies! For 70 pts. Add an xtra 25 pts. If you actually use something from your purse on your LO!
*August 25 - Create a LO using one of last weeks photos from the weekly challenge. For 50 pts. You can add an xtra 45 pts. If you use all 4 photos!!
*August 26 - Today is the Anniversary of the passing of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution-giving women the right to vote! Since this Amendment gave women a voice..Create a LO the describes/shows what makes you a modern day woman!! 95 pts.
*August 27 - Today you all get a “Mulligan” ?? Confused? Well, don’t be. If you play golf, you know what a mulligan is! And for those that don’t play golf-a mulligan is a “Do-Over” So dig out the VERY first LO you did!! And do it over! Well make a new one, actually. Don’t ruin the old one, for heaven’s sake’s. That’s history!! You get 60 pts. For this. And you can add an xtra 35 pts. If you use the same pictures. (copies)
*August 28 - “Mosaic’s” So create a LO using this technique. You can check out this Link to get some ideas if you need too. It doesn’t have to be the actually picture that you make into a mosaic, you can use pp if you like. You get 95 pts. for this!
*August 29 - How many loved history??? PU not me. Now I do, but in school…B-O-R-I-N-G!! O.k. today you need to scrap a LO showing what happened on the day you were born!! It can be events, facts, fads, #1 song, prices of houses back in the day. Whatever fits as a history moment on your day!! You get 45 pts. for this. And you can add 50 more pts. if you have 50+ words of journaling on your page.
*August 30 - We’re at the end of summer, in some parts of this country. And that makes Autumn coming right behind!! So, dig through your papers and your embellies and get out your Autumn stuff. Make a LO that has Autumn colors. Use Autumn pp, and embellies on your LO. Get creative! NO Halloween stuff!!!! Just Autumn, Fall items! So since this is my last day doing this week. Let’s go out with a bang!!!!! Everyone gets 150 pts. for this!! And you can add 25 more points if you use an ACTUAL photo of fall, or a fall activity. NO Halloween!!!
*August 31 - basically free points
100 points for having everything uploaded by midnight
25 points for making sure your challenge blog is completely updated
50 points for PMing me your layout totals, points totals, # of daily challenges completed, and a link to your blog
25 points for including in that PM, the link to your fave layout that was linked to AGC for this month
I will accept PM's until midnight Monday night (to give everyone a fair chance to check in), and at that point I will post a poll for voting and will announce the winners of the point categories, etc.

Week 4 photo challenge:
"due" to be uploaded/linked by midnight, August 30... MUST be NEW for this challenge unless otherwise stated! Extra 5 points per picture for using your datestamp!

45 pts. A picture of your favorite movie
50 pts. A duck in water
50 pts. Your favorite cup
65 pts. A picture of your local produce section, in your grocery store.
75 pts. A picture of your cheapest gas price in your area.

Week 4 Scrapbook Challenge:
"due" to be uploaded/linked by midnight August 30

Woodstock opened this month in 1969 almost 40 years ago! I would have been 11. Sooooo your weekly LO challenge is to scrap a 70’s themed page! You have to have a peace symbol, and a flower power symbol. This challenge will bring you a cool 310 points. You can add 25 more pts. If your picture, (or pictures) were actually taken in the 70’s. (Please make copies of the said 70’s pictures; we wouldn’t want to hurt the originals)

Monthly Scrapbook Challenge
"due" to be uploaded/linked by midnight, August 31

I have a new found addiction to "Word Albums"... these are the albums that each page is a different letter, that when closed spells out the whole word. They make super simple, and such great personalized gifts, I thought that since it's getting closer to the holidays, that we could make one of these this month.

You can use a storebought one, or you can make one yourself! This will be worth 500 points, plus points for each page. Also, I will allow 3 layouts towards your goal for making one.

Here is an example of one I made from chipboard pieces.

(There are several different types that you can purchase in the sb.com superstore)

Edited by CrazyScrapbooker on 08-31-08 06:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker

Over the past 2 months, this challenge has gotten to be SO popluar that it is hard to keep up with.

I would like to ask for 5 volunteers to help me out.

I need 4 people to post daily and weekly challenges split up by the following weeks:

Week #1 - August 3 - 9 - senora_x
Week #2 - August 10 - 16 - taeklund
Week #3 - August 17 - 23 - Pookahbot
Week #4 - August 24 - 30 - Quay

I need 1 other person to help me answer questions on the thread... just in case I miss one or cannot check in all the time (I need to get away from the computer and get back to making layouts.)

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

i'll do week #3 and i'll try to help answer questions when i'm around. it would be nice to have more than one person who's done the challenge before to help with question answering, and then no one has too much stress. for anyone who doesn't know, i'm almost always on AIM or Yahoo Messenger, and my id is Pookahbot.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Pookahbot

oh, and i'm going to sign up for 15 layouts this time (i am DETERMINED to actually MEET a lo goal!!), and i'll probably just paypal you the money next week, jess.

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Pookahbot

I'm in. I think my layou goal is going to only be 10 though for now! I'm heading back to work this month so it will be busy! I don't mind checking in daily either and helping to answer questions. I can also post challenges for week 1! Thanks for hosting!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to senora_x

wanted to add that I love the prize categories this month!

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to Pookahbot

if I sign up to do a week of challenges am I still eligible to compete too? if so I would take week one! won't be working yet then anyway!

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to taeklund

Yes, you can still compete all month long if you post challenges

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to taeklund

Im HERE!!!!

LOVE the new prize categories Jess. I will try to help out where I can... but this is going to be a busy month for me.

Im going to set my goal at 10 for this month.

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to taeklund

• taeklund Said:
if I sign up to do a week of challenges am I still eligible to compete too? if so I would take week one! won't be working yet then anyway!

Gotcha down! What's your layout goal for this month? Week 1 was already spoken for, but there is still weeks 2 and 4 available

scrapn2
Diva
scrapn2

I want to play again too.
I'm going to try and catch up on my oldest dd's album. I will try for 30 LOs this month.

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to scrapn2

I will take week 2 jess! are we doing all the same challenge like last time? a daily challenge, photo challenges and a weekly challenge? just need to know what I need to be thinking about. lots of crazy ideas come into my head while unpacking! lol

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to taeklund

oh no.. Anne was thinking while "unpacking" .. does that mean we should expect things that are "out of the box"

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to BJscrapsalot

I'll get you added, Geri! Glad you came back to the madness!

Anne - yes - you will post a daily challenge every day, a weekly scrapbook challenge on the first day of your week, and 4 weekly photo challenges on the first day of your week - I will update them on the post with the challenges

BJ -

Nickel - Cosmopolitan Scrappers

I would like to try this challenge. My goal is 15 layouts for the month of August. I will send you the prize fee next week. Do digital layouts count?

Thank you,
Nickel

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker

Yes, digital layouts are fine! Thanks for joining! If you have any questions, just ask, there are MANY wonderful ladies here that will answer

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

i'm in for motivational this month...i'm moving anne, i will be back eventually i got more done that month...than...well, ever, i think!

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to Megan Ann

I feel ya on the moving Megan...no fun! Thats why I have been sitting out for two months. Soon you will be back to scrapping!

Page 1 of 46 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics