Username Post: Using Stamps on a layout        (Topic#1473259)
Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

I posted this in another thread but got a couple PMs asking to put it in it's own thread here...so here ya go!

Many people are afraid to use their stamps on layouts because they think they will "mess them up" somehow. Here are some easy ways to use stamps on a LO without messing it up and having to toss it!
My advice for using them on a LO is to start small. Use some stamps on paper and cut them out. That way you don't have to worry about messing up the LO
On this LO, I cut out the stamped journal circles.

Fierce
By Here Kitty

On this LO, I stamped the arrow on a piece of transparency and cut it out.

Strong Silent Type
By Here Kitty

ON this one I stamped and cut out the transparent frame for the photo and the journal tags

All about the Shoes
By Here Kitty

Another thing you can do is to start with the stamping FIRST. So if you mess it up, you can just do the other side of the paper or use another piece if necessary. You're not going to mess up other LO elements because this is the first thing you're doing.
I started with plain cs and stamped swirls on this paper. A few of them were embossed with gold powder.

Once Upon a Time
By Here Kitty

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Here Kitty

GREAT IDEA saving to favs

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 07-28-08 11:29 AM
In response to Just G

I like using stamps on layouts to make embellishments. I stamp and cutout like the ones you gave examples of. I also like to versamark on to plain colored cardstock and make my own patterned paper . You can also chalk over the versamark to make a different color embellishment. I use a lot of alphabet stamps for titles.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to j3Mel

more good ideas!

I make my own patterned paper as well. Here's a blog post that I did about it with a photo tutorial link at the bottom.
http://scrapbook.com/blogs/92823/view/1161 37.html

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics