We do this at my church, and I thought it would be fun to do it among my scrap friends. Welcome to the Secret Sisters Swap! This would be a great way to start out swapping and getting to know each other.
**We each will have only one person who we send at least 2 cards in a month and maybe a little extra something at the end when we reveal ourselves.**
1. If you sign up for this swap you will receive one secret sister (swap partner).
2. You will send her a small package (examples would be some scrap supplies, a key chain, candy, hand made card, etc.). Maybe a postcard or cookbook from your area. For example, since I am a southern girl, I would mail a cookbook of Kentucky recipes, or maybe a postcard.
3. You would not put your name on the package/envie so you will remain a secret.
4. You can look up your partners profile to get some ideas of what to send.
5. You will be given your sister's address, but DO NOT put your name on the return address.
6. If you do not want to mail internationally, let me know before sign up's close so that I can accomadate your wishes.
7. Secret sisters will end on December 15th, and then the big reveal!
8. The reveal will begin on Dec. 15th!
Have fun, chat, share lo's, anything goes in this thread. But remember, keep those lips zipped after you know your SS!
Secret Sister Ideas:
**This is a schedule you can follow in sending things to your SS. You don't have to follow it, but remember, we are running this until Dec. 15th.
**TWO CARDS A MONTH GIRLS!**
1) Everything three weeks, mail a card.
2) Type a letter. Be sneaky and devious.
3) We did this at my church: You write a message to your secret sister, then break up the pieces and wrap them up. Your secret sister has to put it together.
4) Remember, it doesn't have to be scrap stuff. You will be able to fit a TON of different things into a regular card envelope (to save on postage), such as key chains, postcards, etc.
Here is the list we used at my church, just to give you an idea. You DON'T have to do this...just some ideas!
Homemade pie, cake, or cookies
Small votive candle wrapped in pretty fabric
A card in the snail mail - Everyone feels good about getting mail that isn’t a bill
Fresh cut flowers
Nail polish and a file
Box of specialty tea or coffee
Gift certificates: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, ice cream stores, …
Gift certificate to Block Buster with 2 or 3 bags of microwaveable popcorn
Basket of relaxing bath things
Coffee mug of suckers
Nice cookie cutter with recipe and ingredients
Set of placemats
Box of peppermint bark
Box of cool pens
Basket with tablecloth, wine, and glasses
New journal with nice pen
Old Navy has good gifts for under $10.00
**See #2 in the rules**
i heart scrapping
Eat Sleep Scrap
Ok, this is the players list for the Circle Journal, along with their themes and preferred sizes. If you have questions about their theme, pm them or me.
*****I HAVE YET TO COLLECT THE INFO FOR SOME OF THE PLAYERS, BUT THIS LIST WILL BE AMENDED SHORTLY. I THOUGHT I WOULD GO AHEAD AND POST THE INFO IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO GET STARTED*****
This is the updated CJ guidelines. Rules for the CJ are posted on the SS blog (link is in my siggy).
**You may do a two page spread for each player's lo if you prefer that. You can do a one page layout if that is what you want....I'm lenient LOL! I am doing 2 pagers, since I think it is easier to cram journaling and stuff onto two 8x8 pages as opposed to one. **
STEPHANIE GARBETT - FAVORITE TECHNIQUE. HER SIZE IS 8X8.
FAITHSCRAPPER - SCRAP YOUR SCRAP ROOM/SPACE, FAV. ORGANIZATION TIPS, FAV. TECHNIQUES. INCLUDE A PIC OF YOU IN YOUR SPACE. HER SIZE IS 8X8.
DEB-DOODLE- SCRAP FIVE THINGS YOU LOVE, OTHER THAN THE OBVIOUS (FAMILY, PETS, KIDS). INCLUDE YOUR REAL NAME ON THE BACK OF YOUR LAYOUTS. HER SIZE IS 8.5x11.
AMYKINS RN - SCRAP A PIC OF YOURSELF WITH ONE SECRET. HER SIZE IS 8X8.
MELISSAW - LIST YOUR FAVORITE MEMORIES AND INCLUDE A PHOTO OF YOURSELF AT THAT EVENT OR JUST A PHOTO OF YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE. HER SIZE IS 8.5X11.
GRANNY TEETEE- SCRAP YOUR SCRAPROOM/SPACE. HER SIZE IS 8X8.
KELLMORRIS - SEE CINDY10'S THEME, BUT KELL'S SIZE IS 8X8.
MUMSIE23 - THINGS YOU LOVE OR THINGS YOU HATE. HER SIZE IS 8X8. 2 PAGER
CINDY 10- A TWO PAGER. USE YOUR FAVORITE FIVE SCRAP TECHNIQUES ON YOUR SPREAD, USING YOUR FAVORITE COLOR SCHEME. INCLUDE A PIC OF YOU. HER SIZE IS 8X8. When I say use your five favorite techniques, i was picturing, for example, a circle made with crackle paint somewhere, a few rub-ons on another part of the pages, some distressing ink rubbed on part of a page, a bunch of flowers in the corner, etc. plus a photo of yourself on it somewhere (can be as big or small as you like.) My hope is that I will get some new ideas to use in my own layouts. Do you guys get this concept? I'm not looking for a traditional layout whcih USES your favorites, just 5 different types of art/techniques/embellishm ents, randomly put on the pages. PLease let me know if this does or does not make sense. Thanks!
SEESTERK - INCLUDE A PIC OF YOURSELF WITH ONE SECRET. HER SIZE IS 8X8.
SEWSLEEPSCRAP - AN 8.5 X 11 LAYOUT OF THE REASON THAT YOU SCRAP. WHY DO YOU DO IT? NOT JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE A CRAFTY GAL, BUT WHY DO YOU SCRAP? AND INCLUDE A PIC OF YOURSELF IN YOUR SPACE, OR YOUR FAV LAYOUT. INCLUDE A PIC OF YOURSELF
KRISTIE BENTLEY - YOUR PERSONAL QUIRKS. I DON'T CARE HOW MANY YOU WANT TO LIST, ONE TO ONE HUNDRED...LOL! MY SIZE IS 8.5X11.
TRIPLETSMOM- YOUR PET PEEVES. HER SIZE IS 8.5x11. INCLUDE A PIC OF YOURSELF, ALONG WITH YOUR SCREEN NAME AND REAL NAME.
I HEART SCRAPPING - PIC OF YOURSELF WITH ONE SECRET YOU DON'T MIND SHARING. HER SIZE IS 8X8.
*SUE*- ALL ABOUT PARIS. WHAT IS YOUR IDEA OF PARIS? HAVE YOU BEEN THERE? WHAT DO YOU IMAGINE ABOUT THE CITY OF LIGHTS? HER SIZE IS 8X8.
JANUARY 1ST SWAP:
JANUARY 1ST SIGN UP SHEET:
I HEART SCRAPPING