Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What's you favorite techniques        (Topic#1473505)
ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Hi everyone, As you may or may not know I am new to this site.. And I am so in love with scrapbooking, I need more idea's.. I would love to know some of your favorite techniques.. So if you wouldn't mind sharing, some old, some new and some unique techniques you uses in your layouts.. I would love to add more into my scrapbooking.. Sometimes after I have used one for a while I get bored with it and am always looking for new ones.. My fav right now is dry embossing, I love the look! Oh and I also love peek-a-boo pages too! Well I look to learning some of all your fav's!! And thanks for the all help!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to ScrapCams

Welcome!! Looks like ya found us in 06, I bet the sight has changed since then! Hmmm my faves at the moment are distressing, stamping, and wet embossing.

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 07-29-08 05:24 PM
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Love distressing & paper tearing!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Bev1

Layering and distressing. I like to ink things, too.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to ScrapCams

deco scissors! it's all about the deco

How to cut photo mats with deco scissors
By Gelidy Gelato

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Titles. Definitely titles. Mostly how to use my printer in cool ways. Or mix stuff up with different inking and different media. My blog is full of tips and ideas...

renee1
renee1 
Guru
renee1
In response to scraperfect

definitly stickles on almost everthing and lately transparencies

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to renee1

I really like inking and distressing the edges!

Stickles are fun and give your lo some pop.

...but circles are my fav thing to use! It might be small circles cut out with my various sized punches or big using my Ek Success circle cutter.
Circles are a great border or the small ones can fill in an empty space and they are awesome journaling spots. I quite often ink the edges of my circles.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Thank you!! And yes I signed up here about two years ago, when I was just looking into scrapbooking!! Then I wasn't sure I could afford it.. So I didn't do much.. BUT NOW... I have room over flowing with items..NJ.. And I have 2 books done, and working on 5 others!! 1 for each child I have (4 boys) and one for our who family! I love it! But I am really just noticing (in the last few months) there are many, many, many things you can do and use!! I really didn't look around last time, and actually forgot about it.. And then one day my 11 year-old tried betting me that there was someone else other there with his brother (ANIKKON)name.. So I did a yahoo search and the 1st thing that came up was my profile for this site!! LOL so here I am and I do LOVE this place it seems great.. I don't know all the terms and abbreviations for everything yet, but I'll get it soon or later!
P.S I WON THE BET AND GAINED A GREAT SITE!! LOL

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to ScrapCams

...and pretty soon you'll be as addicted as myself and I think some other people here too, LOL!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gayle3131

Chalk-- I love to chalk!!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to terrihooper

I love chalk too!!!

Can anyone tell me what Bleach Stamping is?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to ScrapCams

It is using bleach on cardstock. I have seen it used several ways but haven't dared to try it yet-- I am just not sure-- it is great for cleaning but the fumes -- good for pages??? I print my own pix and am afraid the bleach would affect the color. It is a COOL effect, though-- you ought to try it on some scraps!
I have seen bubble wrap dipped in it and pressed to the page to make a background as well as staps.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to terrihooper

I love paint--foam stamps, masking, as a background, on chipboard. Yes, love paint!

Jean 
Tenant
  • Jean on 08-05-08 05:09 AM
In response to scrapperbee

I'm starting to use more sewing on my lo's. They add some dimension.

Jean

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to Jean

I used to love painting and covering chipboard (and I still do), but I think my new FAVORITE is covering chipboard with paint, then decoupage gel (mod podge), then glitter, then more decoupage gel.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to annoniemous

I'm a distresser,and I ink EVERYTHING! I love mini albums as well and I'm on a DT for acrylics so I am addicted to those now too!

Beth in Indiana
Resident
Beth in Indiana
In response to byondbzr

Definitely chalking of late - although I'm pretty fascinated with circles - need a lot more practice thou. I love the way they seem to tie a page together. 3-d type glazing pens are fun too. I just bought a writing pen type embossing pen that actually turns writing into embossing. Looking forward to trying that on some cards soon. I have the 'embossing colored pens' but their lines are thick. Not so with my latest toy

Edited by Beth in Indiana on 08-14-08 08:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Beth in Indiana

Your favorite techniques will change through the years and you'll be able to look through your books and say, "That was during my everything-has-a-bow period", "That was during my buttons period", that was during my "chalk it" period...

kristen622
Pro
kristen622
In response to dwelch

Lately it's been Stickles, but I tend to use a lot of silk flowers. And I have never given up on brads.

I did go through a phase where I inked the edges of everything. I always had ink all over my fingers!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics