Username Post: Adhesive        (Topic#1474265)
Amonika
Expert
Amonika

For those of you without the ATG guns (cause I can't afford it yet). Which Adhesive do you use?

I currently use xyron 's adhesive in the orange refillable container. Its not holding everything in place all the time. Occasionally when I look at older work the pictures have fallen off the LO. I was trying to get an idea of what people like on here. I'm looking at getting the ATG gun around Christmas time but I need something until then that works.

kdott 
Resident
  • kdott on 08-03-08 04:11 PM
In response to Amonika

I'm forever trying different adhesives, but currently I'm using Hermafix for PP and photos, and for textured cardstock I'm using Scotch Scrapbooker's Glue which is like a pen with a thick end and a thin end. It is a clear gel and works great like I said for textured cardstock but wrinkles/bubbles when you use it on thin items like PP or photos. I also LOVE Glue Dots for chipboard, etc.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to kdott

I use the little adhesive squares with the blue backs that fly everywhere. I've been using them for 10 years and all my old stuff is still stuck.

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to Judy_Scraps

Tombo w! It has worked well for me and my projects!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to lovestoscrap3000

These are my favorites

married05
Idol
married05
In response to -Melissa-

For paper and for pictures I use Herma Vario tabs. I get the refills with my Coupons from M's or J's.

I've heard great things about the ATG gun, I just can't see spending 60 bucks just for the dispenser (then you have to buy the actual tape for it separate!)
Products Referenced in This Post:

Amykins RN
Mayor
Amykins RN
In response to married05

I've used every adhesive there is, and these are my 2 favs:

Kokuyo - Dot n Roller Adhesive - Permanent - Refill

Tombow Mono Adhesive ROLLER - Permanent - 82 feet long

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to Amykins RN

• Amykins RN Said:
I've used every adhesive there is, and these are my 2 favs:

Kokuyo - Dot n Roller Adhesive - Permanent - Refill

Tombow Mono Adhesive ROLLER - Permanent - 82 feet long

I'll second these two

Brenscraps
Governor
Brenscraps
In response to Vintage Beginnings

I have used a lot of expensive ones and then a friend showed my these adtech ones from Wallys. They are very sticky and are cheap. a pkg of 2 refills is $2.27. I grab 1 or 2 every time I am in the store.

melilou
Guru
melilou
In response to -Melissa-

• brewgirlmel Said:
These are my favorites

I second these-they are definately my faves...

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to melilou

I love the 2 sided tacky tape and it is tacky!!
The tape runner is so easy to use, sometimes too easy, I find I can overuse it, LOL!
...and you can't go wrong with Glue Dots . They stick extremely well and I like that there's pop dots too!

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to -Melissa-

These are the ones that I like plus I use the vellum adhesive that comes in a roll. I have had 2 different sizes and I am still using both of them for the last 2 years at least. I use it for EVERYTHING. I just found out about the Zip dry which is also very awesome for everything.

momof3boys307
Veteran
momof3boys307
In response to cdsqueen

I also use Tombo and Glue Dots for chipboard.

Edited by momof3boys307 on 08-03-08 08:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to momof3boys307

I'm a Thermo Web girl.... it's my tried and true friend, that and Glue Dots and Pop dots for adding embellies...

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to Kimberly Rae

I do have an ATG gun which I love but I still use Zots which are awesome...also I use my Creative Memories adhesive every once in a while too but I am not a huge fan of it.

Zots are cool though...especially the 3D ones.

mommie75
Queen
mommie75
In response to tricia07

i use Tombo w, Glue Dots and also those adtec from walmart.. there is not alot on them but they do stick like nuts

Oliquig
Resident
Oliquig
In response to mommie75

I use the Tombo w too, I have also used the Hermia, but I find that the Tombo w works on every thing.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Brenscraps

• Brenscraps Said:
I have used a lot of expensive ones and then a friend showed my these adtech ones from Wallys. They are very sticky and are cheap. a pkg of 2 refills is $2.27. I grab 1 or 2 every time I am in the store.

Ditto! I LOVE these! These for practically everything and mini Glue Dots for the 3-D stuff and xyron for the hard-to-get-adhesive-on stuff. I'm set!

I used to use Herma tabs but my stuff starts falling off my pages after weeks/months (like when I used to use glue sticks). My Herma Dotto only works for the first half roll too. The photo splits (w/ the blue backing) worked well, and I still have some of those on hand, but I prefer the quickness of the glue runner.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to scraprabbit

I use Herma Vario Tabs to adhere my photos, and then use Tombo or Glue Dots for everything else.

I have also used the AdTech adhesive that you can purchase at Beverly's or Wal-Mart, and that works well also.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Tia Hokee

my go to adhesive is duck brand- LOVE it!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics