Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Cannot find the right craft punch UGH Help        (Topic#1474613)
New Kid On the Block

I am looking for a 1" circle craft punch. Sounds simple enough right? The problem is, I need it to be able to reach into the page more than 1/2 inch or so and all the ones I have found will cut a 1" circle but I cannot reach into the paper deep enough to cut what I need? I also cannot simply fold the paper because it then becomes too thick. Anyone know of a site or product that will cut a 1" circle but allow for some depth as to how far into a page it will cut (have tried Clever Lever brand but that's not a good one)

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to fishacura

First of all, welcome!

It's not a punch, but if I needed something like that, I'd use my coluzzle
Products Referenced in This Post:
Coluzzle Starter Kit (Discontinued)

Edited by Rosita on 08-06-08 11:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Rosita

But if she is cutting/punching directly into her page, that won't work.
My suggestion is to piece your page together to get the circle window you need. Is that what you are looking to do?

New Kid On the Block
In response to DawnInAZ

I guess the best way to explain it is this (as an example). Say I have a 5x7 photograph, and need to cut a 1" circle directly in the middle of the photograph without disturbing any other part of the photo. How can I do this with some type of "punch" product (actually it's not even that far a reach. I just need it to reach about an inch inside the border to start the circle...but everything they sell reaches only about 1/4 inch or so

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to fishacura

What about using a hard plastic stencil of a circle and using a craft knife?

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to fishacura

Paper studio makes some long reach punches but I am not sure they make a 1" circle punch. But I do know what you are talking about and they have to be out there!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to tricia07

I have the Fiskars shape maker....you could always use that with the circle templates...I am sure there is a 1" circle on one of their templates.

New Kid On the Block
In response to DawnInAZ

I thought about a template and a craft knife but I need it to be very clean and prefer to "punch" as that will be the clean and quick as I have a ton of them to do. Guess I am pretty much out of luck. Seems like it's be an easy find but not so I guess

Expert
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
First of all, welcome!

It's not a punch, but if I needed something like that, I'd use my coluzzle

Coluzzle will work for this. It's really easy, not as fast as a punch, but it's a lot faster and looks much better than handcutting.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to fishacura

Creative Memories has a good cutting system with a one inch circle. it's not as quick as a punch, but it's better than using a craft knife.

New Kid On the Block
In response to moxiegirl23

I will check that out. Looks fairly inexpensive and may do the trick. Thanks!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey

• SticklesQueenMoxie Said:
Creative Memories has a good cutting system with a one inch circle. it's not as quick as a punch, but it's better than using a craft knife.

Yep!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to scrappinmonkey

Coluzzle would work.

In a pinch, try something from the kitchen and a razor (X-acto) knife. Cut around something like a drinking glass or metal cookie cutter.

I would imagine that a diecutting system could do this. Sizzix -- QuicKutz --Cricut? (Although pretty expensive just for circle!!)
Perhaps a local scrapbook store has one you could use??

SCRAP-n-Mom
Resident
SCRAP-n-Mom
In response to fishacura

I would use the creative memories circle cutters, you can cut anywhere you want without disturbing the picture. You just have to find some one that sells them. I love mine.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to SCRAP-n-Mom

• SCRAP-n-Mom Said:
I would use the creative memories circle cutters, you can cut anywhere you want without disturbing the picture. You just have to find some one that sells them. I love mine.

I sell them

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• SCRAP-n-Mom Said:

I sell them

And she hooks ya up good!!

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

I've got the Creative Memories one too! It'll do the trick!

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to Coastie Wife

I would use the coluzzle too. That is what I used on this layout.

Swimming By Scrapalooza

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to scrapalooza

This got me thinking...

Does anyone know of a punch with a long reach? Like the Big Bite, only a punch??

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie

This is what I use all the time. YOu cna place it anywhere and it comes with a plastic templae so you can see exactly what size circle you want to cut.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics