Username Post: Organizing Flowers?        (Topic#1475059)
All Red...
Mayor
All Red...

I have been pouring over the scraproom gallery for days tring to come up with a way to store my rather large flower collection. Right now I have them in 10 canning jars by color. The problem is they are hard to get in and out of easily, I usually dump the whole jar to get one flower and it is not portable. It also does not work for the larger size flowers that I just purchased.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

Scrappy_Mom_in_MI
Mayor
Scrappy_Mom_in_MI
In response to All Red...

I use one of the ornament storage boxes and store a different color in each ornament spot. The boxes are about 12x12 and usually come two in a pagkage and snap together on top of each other.

Karen-Lee
Queen
Karen-Lee
In response to Scrappy_Mom_in_MI

Zip-loc bags!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Karen-Lee

I have some of mine in these, I do have pics in my gallery

sherrie_g
Veteran
sherrie_g

I use photo boxes or the new ziploc jumbo bags that I puncha whole in the top of so they can hang in the closet on a large 4 in binder ring. it makes them more manageble and you can still see them.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to sherrie_g

Most of the time I keep mine in original packaging and store them in Sterlite containers.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to Scrappy_Mom_in_MI

• Scrappy_Mom_in_MI Said:
I use one of the ornament storage boxes and store a different color in each ornament spot. The boxes are about 12x12 and usually come two in a pagkage and snap together on top of each other.

I'm having the same problem. I might have to check this out. Thanks!

Joda
Joda 
Guru
Joda
  • Joda on 08-11-08 03:56 AM
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

8.5x11 sterilite drawers...I have 9 sets, set for each color...and then in each set, I put fabric flowers in the top drawer, paper and chipboard flowers in the middle drawer, and primas in the bottom drawer.

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to Joda

I store mine in ziploc bags by color/collection, and then stuck all the bags in a clear plastic shoe organizer that hangs over the back of the door. They're all visible, and the bags are very portable.

Prima Storage
By ScrappyJedi

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to scrappyJedi

• scrappyJedi Said:
I store mine in ziploc bags by color/collection, and then stuck all the bags in a clear plastic shoe organizer that hangs over the back of the door. They're all visible, and the bags are very portable.

Prima Storage
By ScrappyJedi

I just might have to steal this idea!!! I LOVE IT!

Personally, I have a drawer that I keep all of my flowers in. There are little bins (from $1 store) for each color and when I need a specific color, I can take the bin out of my drawer and over to my space and sift through it. I also keep a lot of "collections" of flowers together, and don't split them up by color.

debib55
Expert
debib55
In response to ScrapperSara22

That is GREAT IDEA!! I use sterilite containers that have 3 drawers in the set and they are stored by color.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~

• scrappyJedi Said:

Prima Storage
By ScrappyJedi

Wow Melissa! What a great idea and I have a door right by my scrapping chair and it would take up less space than the ornament boxes. I can't wait until work is over. I'm going to Wally World for a shoe organizer, oh, and Zip Locks

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

I scrap boys so I don't have a huge flower collection. Zip-lock bags work for me.

mommie75
Queen
mommie75
In response to scrapinboyz

i scrap boys but still have a huge flower collection and no clue what to do with them..

i have a ton in a lunch box and then more in a drawer.

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131

• scrappyJedi Said:

Prima Storage
By ScrappyJedi

Awesome idea, I think I'll be lifting this idea also. It might also work for all my paper punches.
Thanks!!!!!!

Edited by gayle3131 on 08-11-08 10:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to gayle3131

I don't have that many flowers (well, maybe I do).

My large flowers are in a clear zipper bag (the kind that pillowcases and linens come in). I like it because it's portable.
A lot of my flowers are fake flowers from the Dollar Tree. I take them off the stems and then put a brad through the center to hold each color together.

The smaller flowers and prima-types are in a small jar.

Like ScrappyJedi, I have a smaller over-the-door clear pocket organizer that I have my punches in.
A friend of mine has these hung on an entire wall for her embellishments!

One thing to think about if you're interested in the over-the-door storage... my doors fit really tight to the frame at the top and won't close with the over-the-door bracket on the door.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Bxr-Linda

I use little round stacking jars you can get at HL in a pack of I think 30 for $6. I am able to sort by size and color. My Primas, however, that come in jars, I leave in the jars. My flower collection has since expanded, but this is what the jars look like:

Flower Storage, More Complete
By BlingQueenRia

Shes a Scrapper
Resident
Shes a Scrapper

This is how I organize my flowers:)

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to BlingQueenRia

Thanks for all the ideas! I love the over the door thing, if I had a door. That's part of the problem my space is a sitting room off of the master bedroom. It just has a wide opening and is visible from everywhere upstairs. I am trying to keepit "pretty" until I get a heavy drape for the opening.

I am thinking the sterlite drawers are the best option, I just need to make sue they will fit in the shelf I have.

I just knew everyone would have some great ideas to share! Thanks.

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan

well, i like the jars....or clear paint buckets in various sizes. i don't mind when i have to dump them out....i like seeing them all and end up using more of them when i do

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan

well, i like the jars....or clear paint buckets in various sizes. i don't mind when i have to dump them out....i like seeing them all and end up using more of them when i do

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics