Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Best Adhesive        (Topic#1476115)
Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96

I have always used the blue squares.... and I HATE them.... soooo I found a tape runner my sister got for me a long time ago.. I usd it last night and loved it.. the only thing.. I did 2 layouts and it was gone.. I couyldn't believe it.. So I am liking the runners, but this one didn't last anytime... I tried glue sticks, which are cheaper, but I don't think they stick very good.. What would every recommend?

Passion Flower Scrapper
Veteran
Passion Flower Scrapper
In response to Mimmy96

I have recently converted to the ATG by 3M. The 'gun' is an initial investment of around 48.00, but the adhesive is a major bargain at about 3.00 for a huge roll. I totally love my new gun.

Prior to using this I mostly used the Red Duck runners and bought the 4-packs w/40% coupon from J.Anns.

Good luck!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-19-08 09:01 AM
In response to Mimmy96

Well, I LOVE my xyron s, both the little X and the 900. I also really like the Kokuyo adhesive roller. It's the best roller out there, in my opinion! My advice would be to try a few different things and see what you like best!

Another thing about the runners--you don't need as much as you think. How much are you using? Usually about 3/4 of an inch in each corner does the trick. That will help it go further for you.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to Passion Flower Scrapper

How did you use the runner? Did you go around the edges of things completely with it or did you use amounts the same size as your photo squares just in the corners? You may have been using more than neccessary. I really like the Tombo Mono Adhesive , especially for cards. And I also use the Herma tab in the dispenser (no little blue tabs!) on my SB layouts.

scrapinlove
Veteran
scrapinlove
In response to Mimmy96

I absolutely LOVE the Kokuyo Dot n Roller Adhesive. They are not messy and last what seems like forever. I know they say permenant, but it is only if you want it to be. If you find that you don't like exactly how you positioned something, you can pull it up and reposition.
And the refilles are sold here on sb.com in a 6-pack!!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to scrapinlove

Kokuyo - dot roller for me too. But I also love Glue Dots ....

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Passion Flower Scrapper

• Passion Flower Scrapper Said:
I have recently converted to the ATG by 3M. The 'gun' is an initial investment of around 48.00, but the adhesive is a major bargain at about 3.00 for a huge roll. I totally love my new gun.

Prior to using this I mostly used the Red Duck runners and bought the 4-packs w/40% coupon from J.Anns.

Good luck!

That was me. After paying for the gun and 24 rolls of refills, I broke even on the my 10th roll if I was still buying the Duck in the 4 packs. So it's coming out cheaper in the long run for me. And the glue is much better on the ATG, really grips! Only had one roll break on me out of the dozens I've used, and I just restrung it.

So I think this is well worth the investment. I'm thinking of ordering another gun next year when I place another large order for refills.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-19-08 09:57 AM
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Below are some of my favorites!

My absolute favorite adhesive is the Fiskars photo splints...yeah, the ones with the blue tabs! LOL I started with glue sticks and while I've not had a problem with them coming loose, I just do not prefer them. Someone got me started on the photo splints and I've been hooked ever since.

I do not like the type of adhesive like Stampin Up sells. It is a brand you can buy other places but they sell through them also. We used it in our classes but I wasn't crazy about it. It is in a dispenser and rolls on in a tape-like fashion. I just didn't care for it.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to LeeLo

Another Tombo mono-adhesive girl here. I found a site where you can get the refills for less than $3 each if you buy in bulk.

For hard to stick or heavy stuff, like buttons, I use Glue Dots .

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to siameseplease

Diamond Glaze is my fav

I also rely on
dots
zots
3L adhesive tabs runner
Mono Glue

Edited by Just G on 08-19-08 10:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to siameseplease

I buy the adtech adhesive from Walmart. It is VERY sticky, comes in permanent and removable, and is so cheap. I get two refills for $2.27. They last a fairly long time considering I have a thing about gluing every edge, not just the corners. I'm low budget and I don't have moeny to spend on adhesive... getting Tombo w for less than $3 is great, but I get TWO refills for $2.27 EVERYDAY. And the actual runner is only like $4.00.

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to annoniemous

Thank you everyone for all your help!!

Rowan
Rowan 
Veteran
Rowan
  • Rowan on 08-19-08 10:24 AM
In response to annoniemous

I did the very same thing with the first tape runner I had. Then I realized just how sticky this stuff is and that I didn't need to use nearly as much as I did. I like to keep at least one repositionable one around and at least 4-5 of the perm ones.

I use the repositionable ones for when I am fidgeting with a lo and am unsure where everything is going to go. Just a little bit in the center of things keeps things from sliding around while I play with the lo.

twinklescrapbooks
Tenant
twinklescrapbooks
In response to Rowan

I love my ATG gun.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-19-08 10:37 AM
In response to Rowan

• Rowan Said:
I did the very same thing with the first tape runner I had. Then I realized just how sticky this stuff is and that I didn't need to use nearly as much as I did. I like to keep at least one repositionable one around and at least 4-5 of the perm ones.

I use the repositionable ones for when I am fidgeting with a lo and am unsure where everything is going to go. Just a little bit in the center of things keeps things from sliding around while I play with the lo.

Great tip for repositionable adhesive! Hadn't thought about using that. I use the permanent photo splints, but if you do not press them down you can kind of temporarily stick things and still move them. Once you press it down good though you might as well forget it! I think you could get them up but it would mess up the page behind.

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to LeeLo

I am to blame for using ALOT... I didn't realize only to use alittle.. I as running rolls along every side .. opps! Thanks for the info!! I am still new to all this!

CartersMommy07
Veteran
CartersMommy07
In response to Mimmy96

I love the Creative Memories tape runner. I don't use anything else CM but I love it! It last a long time, and you only have to use a little bit in each corner of whatever your sticking. Hope you find something you like!

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to CartersMommy07

I am also using an ATG 714 tape gun. The initial investment is $$, but it's worth it. (Hint: Don't buy it on this site, do a search for it then buy from the company with Framers in the name.) It's big, but don't let that fool you. It's not heavy at all.

The ATG gun can take some getting used to because the acid free tape is a bit stretchy. I have some old Creative Memories tape runner that I bought a long time ago when I first tried scrapping. I like it, too. It's small and easy to take to quickie crops.

Tenant
In response to melissa_1959

I use CM tape runners for all my projects. I have tried cheaper versions from Walmart and they are very stretch and I can't get used to them.

I love the CM one and now order the refills on EBAY

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to MOMTODYLAN

I love my ATG gun! It's been the best thing I have bought so far!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics