Username Post: contacting American Crafts        (Topic#1476367)
mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i wrote to American Crafts about the markers . i had all the colors of the Memory Makers makers and they all dried up.. i asked if they had another product that was better, and let them know how fast they dries up i still have not heard back from them.. how long does it usally take for them to get back with you about stuff.. i am not wanting anything from them i just want them to tell me basically if there is anything else they offer that is better. and a simple we are sorry you had a bad experince with are product.. i have replaced them all already with ZIG markers so i am not in need of any more ..

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to mommie75

I am sorry you've had a bad experience Jennifer. I have only bought ZIG markers and they have been great so far. Hope you hear from them soon.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to DivaDana

I've only bought 4 or 5 of those markers and I've already thrown a couple of them away because they've dried up so quickly. I mean, I only had them about 3 months! I never really thought about contacting the company. Will you let us know what you hear from them if they do respond to you?

QTScrapper
Diva
QTScrapper
In response to Amigosa

I had an issue with their galaxy markers and they sent me replacements. Let me see if I can find the e-mail for the person I dealt with and I will PM it to you.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to QTScrapper

got your pm will try that because they still have not gotten back to me.. i will post what i find out

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to QTScrapper

You might search the threads, I remember reading a thread from a gal yesterday who said she had excellent customer service from them. If I can find it I'll come back here and post a link to it!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to mustangkayla

qtscrapper sent me a email addy of the lady she dealt with so we will see. thanks

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to mommie75

In case you want to read the thread I was talking about here it is: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14761...

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to mustangkayla

thanks

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to mommie75

You can PM American Crafts through here they will help you out!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Amigosa

grant from ac pmed me today after i emailed twice i guess he read this thread and pmed me.. so we will see what happens..

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to mommie75

I had a couple of the glitter markers dry up after about 2 months, but I think there was something wrong with them to begin with since they were not very glittery at all.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Scrappin Kitty

hum he told me that they do not have the problem normaly and that it was probaly the way i stored them.. so he wants to send me another set to try out and some other kind also..

but i have heard this from a couple people know and wonder if it was not really the markers ...

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to mommie75

here is the pm i got from him

Hello! I just saw your post on the General Scrapbooking forum about your Memory Markers. Sorry to see that you had some troubles with them. It's not typical for them to dry out like that, and I apologize for any frustration you've experienced.

I also apologize that you didn't get a prompt response from our customer service when you initially contacted us about your Memory Markers. I'll look into that and see what happened.

You say in your post that you're not in need of any more markers, but I'd still love to send you replacements, along with some other pens and markers you can try.

One thing people may not know about Memory Markers is that the lids snap shut and, tt takes a little bit of pressure to snap them closed. I'm not saying that's why your pen(s) dried out, but it's something to watch for. Also, we advise customers to store double-tipped pens horizontally. Gravity can pull the ink to one side of the pen otherwise, making it seem like it's dried up. If this happens, it's an easy fix - just lay the pen horizontally for 24 hours and you should be back to normal.

Please send me a list of the Memory Markers you purchased, your shipping address, and I'll get replacements sent out immediately. Plus, I'll put in some of our other cool scrapbooking pens for you to try.

Best,

Grant

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics