Username Post: which ink do you like?        (Topic#1477147)
New Kid On the Block

When you are inking edges of paper for your LO's or cards or whatever, what ink do you like? Chalk or pigment, or something else? Or are they all the same? I want something that is easy to use and dries quickly. Do you have a favorite brand? Does it get all over your fingers when using it?

thanks!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to granolalight

check this out. i came across this the other day and found it helpful.

http://www.scrapbook.com/tips/doc/32019/257.html

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to Prettylolo

I love my Tim Holtz distressing inks. I almost have them all.

RhondaR
Idol
RhondaR
In response to scrapalooza

I LOVE the colorbox cats eye inks...SO easy to handle.
I love the Tim Holtz inks too...lots of variety of colors.

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to RhondaR

I have fallen in love with the Tim Holtz distress ink pads...great color and easy to use.

magpiefound
Diva
magpiefound
In response to alysmom09

i'm a huge fan of the color box cat eyes- not only are they great for distressing and shaped perfectly for odd spots, the pigments are great for embossing too!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to magpiefound

My favorite inks are pigment inks because they are supposed to be color fast. But be careful because they take longer to dry! I haven't trried colorbox chalk inks or the catseye shaped inks, but I have the large black ink pad. The quality of the ink is outstanding and it is very juicy. I have gotten used to firm stamping pads, though, and the colorbox ink are soft and spongy.

Now, my favorite inks are the Technique Tuesday inks. They are beautiful colors and top quality with a firm ink bed that's raised. The Earth Essentials set is truly beautiful. The colors are fantastic and they are the kind of shades that match everything! Each ink pad is a 1" square. I like this because it's easy to ink a stamp without over inking (I stamp my ink pad against the stamp), and I can ink only parts of a stamp or I can ink different parts of a stamp in different colors. I have one particular journaling stamp that I love to use these partial technique stamps (and eventually I'll upload new pictures!).

P.S. -- I have Beautiful Basics and Earth Essentials, not Spring Flowers or Precious Gems, because those colors aren't really my style. I might invest in Precious Gems eventually.

New Kid On the Block

great responses. thanks everyone!

renee1
renee1 
Guru
renee1

I have all the cats eyes but now im liking the quick quotes powder puff inks

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics