Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Favorite Adhesive?        (Topic#1477779)
Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I am starting to really not like the adhesive I use just because it takes too long. (below) What is your favorite adhesive and why?

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to Amigosa

i forgot what brand it is...it's a pretty basic one and sold just about everywhere. it is just white double sided tape squares. i've been using it for years and i like it.

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I really starting to like good old fashioned "Photo Safe" double sided tape.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Mix-on the Memories

My problem with what I use is that it takes up extra time to peel the blue backing off all of the little squares and then the blue backing gets everywhere! The good thing is that its cheap.

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 08-31-08 05:13 PM
In response to Amigosa

I really, really like my ATG Gun! I got it after reading all of the positive responses from people on here! It works well, and it seems to last me a long time!

Amykins RN
Mayor
Amykins RN
In response to Margy

I've tried every adhesive there is...and my fav is Kokuyo Dot 'N Roller. It's easy, quick...and strong.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Margy

I really like my Herma Dotto or the Tombo w runner. They both work awesome!

Edited by Babylou on 08-31-08 05:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to Margy

• Margy Said:
I really, really like my ATG Gun! I got it after reading all of the positive responses from people on here! It works well, and it seems to last me a long time!

I just ordered one of these and I bet if you ask me again in a week or two, I'll tell you the same thing. Right now I'm still using Duck Brand tape runner. I love them. Good strong adhesive and easy, easy to use, but the expense really adds up after awhile. I'm hoping the ATG is going to save me some money in the long run.

alarae
alarae 
Diva
alarae
In response to Babylou

I use the Herma Dotto Removable adhesive for my pictures and if I don't completely know which direction a layout is going, I use the removable adhesive (just in case :)) I like it that it is easily removable.

I also use the Tombo w permanent adhesive for my papers for when I know that I have the layout complete. I like it because it sticks!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-31-08 05:28 PM
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

Below are some of my favorites!

I love the adhesive squares so much that I don't mind the little blue squares. To me it is easy and not messy at all. I use the Fiskar's brand.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to LeeLo

I love love love Zip dry. It's the best

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to cdsqueen

I use the mounting squares with the blue backing. I've been using them for 10 years so why switch now? I've tried tape runners and I always go back to my adhesive squares. They're cheap and they get the job done well.

dentaldiva
Veteran
dentaldiva
In response to Judy_Scraps

I stick with ad tech runner from walmart! That way I can pick up a couple every time i'm in there, no special trips anywhere!

Deans Girl
Veteran
Deans Girl
In response to Margy

• Margy Said:

Me too, I just got mine this past week and I am loving it!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Judy_Scraps

• judyQ Said:
I use the mounting squares with the blue backing. I've been using them for 10 years so why switch now? I've tried tape runners and I always go back to my adhesive squares. They're cheap and they get the job done well.

I was scrapbooking this weekend and was having issues with my Herma Dotto runner, and it was close to running out.

So I dug out some mounting squares and used them for any square things I was attaching.
They did not stick very well! The things I used it on started coming up.

scrapinlove
Veteran
scrapinlove
In response to Bxr-Linda

Kokuyo Dot n Roller. This thing is awesome. I have been using them for a couple of years now and I LOVE it!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Ms.CRKS
Diva
Ms.CRKS
In response to scrapinlove

I use 1" Glue Lines . They're a little expensive but I havnt found anything else that I like.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Ms.CRKS

After constantly running out to buy refills for my Tombo w or Scotch tape dispensers, I've finally purchased an ATG gun. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. It was a big purchase but I figure it'll savee me lots in the long run -- the little refills for the others added up quickly.

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes
In response to provinca

Love my Removable Dotto too, couldn't live without it because I'm ALWAYS taking stuff up after I've glued it down.
Products Referenced in This Post:

SallyEgg
Veteran
SallyEgg
In response to Babys Got Blue Eyes

I use three things depending on size and item. Tacky glue, Glue Dots , or the good old xyron 2.5" or 5".

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics