Username Post: circle cutters?        (Topic#1478023)
Mother of Tyler
Resident
Mother of Tyler

Hi...I need some suggestions are on what circle cutting system works best for you guys. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen~

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch
In response to Mother of Tyler

This is my absolute fave...And I've tried MANY!
Products Referenced in This Post:
Coluzzle Starter Kit (Discontinued)

dncangel73
Idol
dncangel73

the cutter bee curvy cutter is my absolute favorite! ive tried others but this has been the best!!!! cuts lots of sizes and has templates for different shapes too! very easy to use as well! i suggest getting the glass mat for it though like it says on the package... works much better than other mats... i attached some of the products the superstore has! hth!

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch
In response to dncangel73

**will add I've never tried the cutter bee...would like to...ahh..another "investment"!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie

I love my Creative Memories Cutting system. I tried the Coluzzle and just could not get the hang of it.

My suggestion is to find a way to try them before you use them. Find a Demonstrator for CM or CTMH etc or see if there is something you can try at your LSS

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to Aumommie

I have the Colluzle system and LOVE it! It is easy to store and tote and works wonderful!

JHiggins
Tenant
JHiggins
In response to mustangkayla

the creative memories circle cutter is the BEST!
but you have to order it off eBay or if you know a consultant. its awesome and the blades stay sharp FOREVER!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to JHiggins

I like the Cutter Bee as well, but was disappointed when I discovered the maximum diameter circle is a 7.5" I thought I had seen LOs with larger circles.

forevermom
Expert
forevermom

The creative memories circle cutting system works terrific! I really like that you have so many options for sizes.

Teal
Teal 
Expert
Teal
  • Teal on 09-08-08 09:23 AM
In response to forevermom

Creative Memories for me, and I have used a ton of others!!

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131

• dncangel73 Said:
the cutter bee curvy cutter is my absolute favorite! ive tried others but this has been the best!!!! cuts lots of sizes and has templates for different shapes too! very easy to use as well! i suggest getting the glass mat for it though like it says on the package... works much better than other mats... i attached some of the products the superstore has! hth!

I agree!!!
...and then you can also buy the rounded square, and the wavy cutter. Awesome also!!!

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
I like the Cutter Bee as well, but was disappointed when I discovered the maximum diameter circle is a 7.5" I thought I had seen LOs with larger circles.

I've cut bigger circles.
Put the cutter on the outside of the circle template.

...you could buy the curvy cutter. I believe you can make a larger circle. I actually forget what package it was in, but it is available. Sorry I can't look for you as my supplies are stored away for now.

scrappinnelly
Mayor
scrappinnelly
In response to gayle3131

Creative Memories!! I have a Cutter Bee set also for larger circles, but can't get the hang of it.

Scrapper9804
Tenant
Scrapper9804

I use the Creative Memories Cutting System. It works perfect for me.

1FUNSCRAPPER
Resident
1FUNSCRAPPER
In response to Scrapper9804

I love my Creative Memories Cutting system!! I use it allllllll the time!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-13-08 04:49 PM
In response to dwelch

I started out with and still use the Creative Memories Circle and Oval cutting system. It Rocks! I bought an extra set of blades, but haven't had to use them yet. I also purchased a green blade which cuts in between the red and blue. I think it was a limited thing...not sure. This was like 10 years ago!!

I just purchased the Cutter Bee system and I's still trying to get the hang of it. One thing I don't like it the measurements are not accurate. The blade actually sits in between the size lines on the template, they don't line up.

Edited by Kimberkv on 09-13-08 04:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to KimKV

I ahve the fiscar one and have never used it. I still need to get a glass cutting mat.

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to pearlygadget

Do you have a glass cutting board?
I flip mine over and use the smooth side.
I've also seen some threads where people have used an old glass from a pic frame.

remember to tack your paper/pic down. I use painter's mask - the green masking tape.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics