Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Small RAK---TAKEN        (Topic#1478495)
barbarathrasher
Resident
barbarathrasher

I've never done a RAK like this before, so here goes. I got a good deal on some Heidi Swapp clear 'Thank You' stamps yesterday and I thought I would RAK them for you wonderful ladies. I thought it was appropriate since they say 'thank you' and I feel like I should thank you all for helping me learn more about my favorite hobby!

Post what you believe is your most vaulable advice to fellow scrapbookers. I have 5 of them up for grabs! And I will raid my stash for something fun to add to it when I ship.

I plan to randomly draw numbers for the winners based on your post number.

I'll pick the numbers tonight when I get off from work (10pm cst) and PM the winners for an address. Good Luck!

THE WINNERS ARE...
ababykoala
okiegrandma
gglovesmatthew
terrihooper
littlelisie
kgraham02

I added an extra one because I found I have a duplicate of 'happy birthday' as well to give someone. Thanks everyone for the great advice!

Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by barbarathrasher on 09-06-08 07:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ababykoala
Diva
ababykoala
In response to barbarathrasher

The most valuable advice for fellow scrapbookers that I can offer would be that there is no right or wrong way to scrapbook (no rules) just have fun with it! Thank you for offering a RAK... That is very kind of you!

Edited by ababykoala on 09-06-08 07:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to ababykoala

Everyone has there own style. There is no right or wrong way to scrap. (I need to remember this a lot for my own pages)

Thanks for the offer.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to ababykoala

My advice for scrappers is to take classes for good advice. I have learned so much from classes that I have taken from both the stores around, people that teach out of their house (they are consultants for different companies) and the CK conventions. Spend the extra money and do one of these. There is always something fun to learn.

creativesoul_in_WI
Governor
creativesoul_in_WI
In response to cdsqueen

My advice to fellow or new scrappers is to join sb.com to get all kinds of wonderful inspiration, advice and even friendships.

okiegrandma
Guru
okiegrandma
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

Enjoy this craft journey we're making - remember, as much satisfaction and happiness that you get out of scrapbooking, this gift to your descendants will be even more precious. What would you give to have a personal letter (with pictures!) from your great grandmother? Or to know that she thought of you probably before you were born? Ways and means is just incidental to the finished layout - love every minute!

Thank you!

Edited by okiegrandma on 09-06-08 08:15 AM. Reason for edit: Thank you!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to okiegrandma

My advice (which I don't always take, mind you) is to journal. Even if it's just who/when...and even if you just scribble it on the back of the lo.

nancyhyland
Idol
nancyhyland
In response to scraprabbit

My advice agrees with an earlier post that there is no right or wrong way to scrapbook, but to expand a little on that I always suggest scrapping with others so that you try new things!!

Lori_B
Lori_B 
Idol
Lori_B
In response to nancyhyland

I agree about no right/wrong way to scrap. One thing that I think is good advise, but I have a hard time following myself, is to USE your stuff. It's easy to want to save stuff for something it *might* be perfect for in the future, but there will always be MORE stuff.

Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond
In response to nancyhyland

Continue to try new techniques a little at a time but don't overwhelm yourself with everything all in one page. Its okay to experiment with new things, but its also okay to keep it simple. As time goes on its fun to see a progression in skills and techniques throughout each book!

Jamie Pope
Queen
Jamie Pope
In response to Crazydiamond

what a nice gesture!

I would have to say follow your own style with scrapping (even if it doesn't necessarily go with the current trends). In the end, you'll be so much happier with the final outcome of your work.

squid
squid 
Resident
squid
  • squid on 09-06-08 09:17 AM
In response to Jamie Pope

how sweet of you!

I say have fun with your creations and don't be afraid to try something new! I have surprised myself many times with a whim that turned out nicely!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-06-08 09:26 AM
In response to squid

Thank you!

Don't take yourself too seriously it's about having fun and enjoying yourself.

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to Issabear

My advice... keep your camera on you at all times. You never know when a scrapable moment will present itself

Karen-Lee
Queen
Karen-Lee
In response to squid

Always keep a sharp blade in your trimmer and a good pair of small sharp scissors handy! I love my Cutterbee's!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Issabear

My advice is no matter what you create while scrapping, have fun with it, and always remember to document the everyday things, not just the special occasions.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Especially when beginning, buy what you need for the pictures you have. It's so easy to go way overboard buying cute stuff.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to DivaDana

my advice............

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR WALLETS!!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gg loves Matthew

My advice is not much different from the others. It is simply to be yourself and let that reflect in your LO's.Don't be afraid to try new things but also don't think that you have to do the latest trend if it doesn't fit your style.

Thank you for the kind offer!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to terrihooper

My advice is don't compare your layouts to SB "celebrities" or the ones you see in online galleries. You should scrap only for yourself. If you like it, that's all that matters.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics