Username Post: What adhesive do you like best?        (Topic#1478615)
LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea

I have such a hard time selecting adhesive. Nothing works "perfect" for me. Any type of liquid glue always ends up bubbling under the paper. I sware I don't use alot. I was pretty happy with my Dotto runner, until I began to notice things are coming up.

What do you use? Do you use it for everything even buttons?

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to LilSweetpea

My favorite is Kokuyo . Second and very close running is Tombo .

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen

These are all the ones that I like. For different reasons and projects.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vintage Beginnings

My favorite general purpose adhesive is the ATG. Don't let the price of the gun scare you. In the long run it will save you money and headache. Check out how much is on a roll! 36 yards, that's 108 feet or put another way 1296.

I was using the Duck Easy Stick for years bought them in a four pack locally. My first order of the ATG was for the red gun and 24 rolls of tape. With the cost of shipping included, I broke even on my tenth roll if I was spending that same amount of money on the Duck. So it was like the 14 rolls were free! Plus it's a much more stronger adhesive.

I still use liquid glues, Glue Dots and xyron stuff. All depending on what I need but the ATG gets used the most.

Snix
Snix 
Mayor
Snix
  • Snix on 09-07-08 08:14 AM
In response to Vivian loves BLING

LOVE my ATG!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Snix

I like Herma tabs, ZIG liguid glue and Glue Dots each for different things. Glue Dots are great for buttons!

Mlr0607
Resident
Mlr0607
In response to Scrapbook Queen

i use Scotch , the purple one. i love it! and if i change my mind i can move things for a couple days! and it rubs right off but after a couple days it becomes permanent and sticks very good!
FOr things like buttons i use Glue Dots . for smaller things like ribbon i use the mini Glue Dots .

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Mlr0607

I am interested in the ATG and wonder how it compares to my fav adhesive, 3L (linked below). I love 3L. It's not as fast to use as a runner, but it adheres easily and strongly. My favs are:

scrappinpeanut
Resident
scrappinpeanut
In response to Luvmyfam

The three I use the most are:
1. Adhesive Tech runner from WalMart (used to love love love my Hermafix Dotto until I went back through some older albums and everything was falling off the pages! )
2. Glue Dots .
3. ZIG Glue pen for little pieces

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scrappinpeanut

I don't use glue sticks or Herma tabs...my stuff falls off the pages after a few months/couple years. I also don't like liquid glue...too messy for me and I get the curling sometimes too.

My faves are adtech glue runner (cheap from walmart) and mini Glue Dots . The adtech I use for pp/cs/photos and some embellies, and Glue Dots I use for heavy/3-D/thick embellies. I also have a couple xyron sticker makers for those thin letter that are hard to adhere with other things.

LilSweetpea
Pro
LilSweetpea
In response to scraprabbit

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm so sick of my stuff not sticking after awhile. The glue is way to messy for me too! I think I may be looking into the ATG. Where can you get them?

provinca
Mayor
provinca

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my ATG!!!

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to provinca

I have a wide assortment also.

Scotch Double Stick Tape for most things
Glue Dots for buttons, flowers, metals, ribbons etc.
xyron for letters, ribbon and misc.
Provo Craft Tacky Tape for the fronts of board books
Tombo for board books
ZIG Glue Pen for smaller pieces and misc.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to mustangkayla

I use Glue Dots , foam pop dots, terrifically tacky tape, and xyron . That is all I use. I have tried so many and they never work well for me.

O Scrap
Resident
O Scrap
In response to llprncess3

Well here recently I have been scrappin with my aunt and I love the zots

bellasmommy1
Idol
bellasmommy1
In response to O Scrap

Glue Dots and a glue pen

Kiber
Kiber 
Pro
Kiber
  • Kiber on 09-08-08 03:47 PM

I swear by my big ole bottle of FabriTac by Beacon. It is a liquid that goes on perfect and wont' warp no matter what!! it is the same glue as zip dry, but because it isn't a scrap product you pay a lot less for it. I get a big bottle at jo's with my coupon and it last forever! I love the ease the liquid and for pics I use duck.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics