Username Post: I dont like felt fusions!!!!!        (Topic#1478875)
Mlr0607
Resident
Mlr0607

the make me mad! they strech out and are hard to work with!! i messed up a whole page! i tried to make it look like i meant to do it but i dont like it.

magpiefound
Diva
magpiefound
In response to Mlr0607

oh no!! sorry for that- i've had similar reactions to things that sounded and looked like such a goo didea til i busted open the packaging and tried actually using them can you work around it to make it doable?

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to magpiefound

They are difficult to work with. I just peeled and placed as I went...very carefully.

Mlr0607
Resident
Mlr0607
In response to scrappinmonkey

• scrappinmonkey Said:
They are difficult to work with. I just peeled and placed as I went...very carefully.

thats what i did but it streched out! i guess i was holding it too tight!

Maegan
Maegan 
Veteran
Maegan
In response to Mlr0607

I didn't know what this was, so I checked it out in the superstore. They do look like they'd be a bit tricky to work with.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Maegan

I'm glad I saw this post. I haven't gotten any of this yet, but it looks great. Maybe I'll rethink--or be VERY careful using it.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 09-09-08 08:47 AM
In response to Maegan

I agree- the same thing happened to me! I did peel as I went too. There must be a good way to work with them, but I haven't figured it out because I don't want to waste it or the paper that I use. I also tried to make my mistake intentional, but I don't think I did a very good job. It doesn't suck, but it isn't great. Post your lo so we can see it!

Rachel

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 09-09-08 08:53 AM
In response to Rae_M

I would recommend that you cut the length you want. Figure out where you want it on your LO and then peel one side of the backing to start (from the narrow end), using an exacto knife. Go very slowly and press it down as you go.
Sorry this won't fix the current LO, but it makes it much easier to work with IMO.

Mlr0607
Resident
Mlr0607
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
I would recommend that you cut the length you want. Figure out where you want it on your LO and then peel one side of the backing to start (from the narrow end), using an exacto knife. Go very slowly and press it down as you go.
Sorry this won't fix the current LO, but it makes it much easier to work with IMO.

thats what i did, except for the exacto knife. i only had a small piece.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to vawm

I used felt fusions once on a card. Maybe it's the fact that the card is a smaller area to work with, but I didn't have any trouble with it. I didn't like how the card came out but that's the artist's fault, not the the felt fusions.

Mlr0607
Resident
Mlr0607
In response to Rae_M

• owen&audrasmom Said:
I agree- the same thing happened to me! I did peel as I went too. There must be a good way to work with them, but I haven't figured it out because I don't want to waste it or the paper that I use. I also tried to make my mistake intentional, but I don't think I did a very good job. It doesn't suck, but it isn't great. Post your lo so we can see it!

Rachel

i did in the "tell me what you think post"

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 09-09-08 08:57 AM
In response to Mlr0607

• Mlr0607 Said:
  • vawm Said:

thats what i did, except for the exacto knife. i only had a small piece.

Sorry it didn't work for you.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to vawm

I'm not a huge fan of the more intricate designs for this very reason. I do the tiny bit by tiny bit thing but the little curlicues always seem to mess up on me. I gave most of my flourish ones away to friends who are better at it than I am! I think I had success with it once. It's just too much work for the "maybe it will lay right this time" factor to me!

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to siameseplease

I'll be the minority for this thread...I love Felt fusion and I have MANY different styles. It can be tricky though and I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I always cut the amount I want and then peel off the backing of the entire thing and place it down at once. It's still a little tricky I guess, but might make it not stretch out.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Crystal B.

I have used this stuff and I love it! LOL It is tricky, you just have to be gentle and play with it a little to get it right, it will stretch a bit though. I don't know how to get around that part.

mommie75
Queen
mommie75
In response to Manda_K

i love it also i peel off all the backing before i place it down and just guide it down slowly

shells22
Diva
shells22
In response to Crystal B.

• livn4change Said:
I'll be the minority for this thread...I love Felt fusion and I have MANY different styles. It can be tricky though and I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I always cut the amount I want and then peel off the backing of the entire thing and place it down at once. It's still a little tricky I guess, but might make it not stretch out.

I'm with you, love the stuff and have used in on cards and lo and been very happy. Agreed it is tricky. I also cut the length I want and peel the whole thing at once, seems to stretch less that way for me. If it does stretch a bit I cut it of at the edges. I seem to have more control over it if I can place it down at once. Don't give up completely, try it again.

Edited by shells22 on 09-09-08 11:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics