Username Post: Cricut, Sizzix, the Slice, how do you pick??        (Topic#1478895)
scrapin_nurse
Veteran
scrapin_nurse

I'm new to scrapbooking and I'm having a lot of fun with it. There are so many neat tools and machines out there to help you get the creative edge you want.

I've been doing a little research into some of these die cut machines and I'm not sure which one to pick.

The cricut machine just seems way over my price range- especially looking at all the expensive accesories that go with it.

The cuttlebug looks more affordable with an array of die cuts (some I've noticed can be pricey) and it seems like a good tool since it can also emboss

I'm also looking forward to the slice coming out and hearing peoples reviews on those.

Could you all please give me your opinons, pros and cons about all of these to help me decide which one I need.

thanks

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to scrapin_nurse

I have a cuttlebug and cricut.

If I were you, I'd start with the cuttlebug. It's affordable, easy to use and easy to transport.

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33
In response to scrappinmonkey

Have you looked into any cutters that hook up the computer? They cost as much as a baby Cricut up front, but you NEVER have to buy any cartridges to use them! You can cut most true type fonts on your computer (and download many more for free!) as well as free cutting files you can download and files that you create yourself. I'm about to purchase a QuicKutz Silhouette and can't wait to see what it can do. HTH!

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to deigh_z33

I owned a sizzix first, but I found it to be limiting-I didn't want the same die cuts in every LO and cutting letters for titles was tedious. I bought a Pazzles on HSN (thank you EasyPay!) and I have no regrets. I can use tons of fonts and vary the size. I can cut any image that I can download and/or scan-including my old Sizzix dies. It does seem expensive initially, but I don't have to buy stickers or chipboard shapes ever again-I'm only purchasing paper and adhesive now.

Expert
In response to patchouli2000

I have the old QuicKutz and a sizzix sidekick and I am looking to upgrade as well. It is tiring seeing the same fonts on each page!! I will have to check out the pazzels to see if I like it. I want a cricut but I am thinking I will be spending too much money buying additional cartridges.

courtney8818
Veteran
courtney8818
In response to lisarup

Check out the Big Shot. It can do EVERYTHING and you can use all of the other machines die cuts in it too as well as the bigger ones it is made for. I will send you a PM.

Purpose By Design
Expert
Purpose By Design
In response to courtney8818

Get them all... LOL. JK I bought the sidekick first, but it was too limiting. Then, I got the original cricut. I like the versatility of the shape sizes. I also have a Big Shot which is versatile. I like cutting chipboard, foam, and felt. I especially love the ability use dies from other companies. Good luck choosing.

Andrew_P
Tenant
Andrew_P
In response to Purpose By Design

The Sizzix Bog Shot is great if you are looking for the manual die cutting machine.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics