Page 1 of 315 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume Two        (Topic#1479355)
Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Okay, girls! We seem to have worn out our previous thread! It can't keep up with us, so let's start anew! Here is our first post, for easy reference.

************************* ************************* ************************* ************************* **********

Hello, friends, and welcome to our *Clean and Simple* Critique Group

Here are some reasons you may have joined this thread:

1) To share your work with others
2) To receive honest feedback and criticism
3) To expand your scrapbooking skills
4) To learn from other members
5) To join a friendly community and get to know one another better

Here are some things you should know:
1) When able, please post a LINK to the layouts you would like to share
2) When leaving feedback or criticism, please begin with the letters “CS”
3) We hold optional challenges from time to time, sometimes with prizes
4) When participating in challenges, please PM (private message) your link to the hostess
5) Sometimes the thread gets chatty. Don’t feel overwhelmed—just hop back in!

Here are our active members:
(If you were previously a member of this group and your name is not on the list, please feel free join us again—we’d love to have you back!)

1.) Lycosparks – Lauri
2.) Outsidechic – Jakki
3.) scrappercaz – Carolyn
4.) Rileysmom06 – Becky
5.) scrappindmbfan – Nancy
6.) bran – Brandy
7.) JHAWKEYE – Kate
8.) scrapjones – BeckyJ
9.) laurbernet – Lauri B
10.) Reeves95 – Glenda
11.) Capucine – Isabelle
12.) RachelRaychef2b23 – Christy
13.) Tanya71 - Tanya

HAPPY SCRAPPING!

Capucine
Idol
Capucine
In response to Lycosparks

Am I the first one to post after Lauri?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Capucine

I'm here!!!

Capucine
Idol
Capucine
In response to Capucine

For secret santa, still need to hear from Christy and BeckyJ. Then I'll set it up with a due date of mid-December.

Bran, I hope you'll be able to talk to your doctor soon. I have access to a nurse help line (24/7) so if you need an info, I can call for you.

Glenda, how is the packing going? K must be excited!!!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Capucine

I'm here too

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Capucine

I'm in for secret santa and will send out package at least a week before christmas!

Bran: I had the same thing happen to me...call your doc as much as you can. He needs to be aware that you need him....that's what he gets paid for.

How far along are you? Sometimes the pain is ligaments stretching and the water weight on the cervix. However, with that being said (I do not want to scare you) I ignored mine at on my ultrasound at 20 weeks they found out my cervix was dialated and effaced. Doc said never to ignore pain. Don't worry about being 'paranoid' Always better safe than sorry.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE IN LABOR (I had an incompetant cervix from previous surgeries). The moral was that your doc should be concerned when YOU are concerned. Make an appt for Monday and if you still feel pain do not be afraid to go to the ER.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

Izzy: I am all packed and so is Ky ~ Laundry is done and DH will be packing tomorrow (he's a procrastinator) or Monday morning before we leave (it drives me nuts thinking we're going to be late)

I'm going for my bikini wax at 12 and then my mani/pedi after that.

Aluri: Should we ask them to delete the old string?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Just G

So I've been out with Lois and spent another £50+ on trainers, joggers etc. How come it always goes out faster than it comes in!! Money, I mean!!

Bran, I can completely understand why you're concerned and angry, I would be too. I agree with the others that I don't feel alarmed by what you've described, it could be a million and one different things, but take it easy and definitely call your Dr. If you needed him for something more urgent or frightening what would have happened? You need to know the reason he didn't call back for your peace of mind at least. He should apologise and be very understanding and sympathetic about why you're a little nervous.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to scrappercaz

Here's hoping Volume Two finds us all happy and healthy!

Carolyn and Aluri - did you see the new papers on my blog? Will you try them out and tell me what you think? Not looking for a layout, but at least look and give me advice on the texture and colors? I would appreciate it muchly!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Ok Madam, will do.

Here's my latest...

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

that photo at the top of your blog creases me up every time.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Kate, nice little kit! I like the neutrals but I'm not mad on the green to be honest. That shade isn't a fave nor does the texture of that one appeal overly. I can see that I'd use the light shade frequently as well as the black (brown?) one but if you had even more texture they'd be even better! Go you designer you!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

So stick with more neutral colors, and add more texture...got it! Thanks so much, exactly what I was looking for.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Well, that's just my opinion obviously!! And not necessarily neutral but less...umm...garish? a bit more muted. I don't dislike green, it was just a bit kind of obvious if that makes sense?

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

makes total sense. quite honestly digi layouts with those colors we'd consider "garish" don't appeal to me at all. advice well taken. will work on another version.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

brilliant!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Glenda, I don't think we need to have Volume One deleted. I know some like to refer back to it sometimes, so we'll let it drift to the end of the forum for now.

Kate, just downloaded your papers. LOVE the tan one. The design and texture are perfect for my at-the-moment style. The dark green has a FAB texture, but I can only really see it when zoomed in. Can it be a bigger texture? And I like the fuzzy texture of the lighter one, but I agree, it's a tough color to use! Maybe in your next beach-y paper pack? Well done on your first papers, my my!! So cool!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

I just had an call from my MIL and she told me that this afternoon she mentioned the hotel (where dh was the GM for 13 years, where we lived when we were first married, where we had dds christening parties, dh's 40th birthday party and numerous family celebrations) to FIL and he looked puzzled and asked "Have we stayed there?" He couldn't recall it at all. I suppose until now I've been able to put his lapses down to minor things we could all forget quite easily, like where we left the car keys etc, but not this. This is a major 'forget' and actually I feel quite shocked. The illness is obviously progressing faster than I thought

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Ah Carolyn, that is tough. Will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to scrapjones

Thanks Becky.

Page 1 of 315 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics