Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Who uses Rub Ons?        (Topic#1479805)
Ma2Crzygrls
Pro
Ma2Crzygrls

I'm new to all this stuff so bare with me. How do they actually work? I saw these DCWV edges (type things) and it said works best with something else to help put it on? The LO's that have these in them are really cool so am thinking of picking some up and trying it out. Are there some better than others?

Thanks girls!

Rowan
Rowan 
Veteran
Rowan
  • Rowan on 09-17-08 09:45 AM
In response to Ma2Crzygrls

I have a bunch of the DCWV stiches rub ons and I love them. They are so easy to use. The pack comes with what looks like a popcicle stick. You put the rubon where you want it(make sure you have the side that was facing the white paper in the pack on the paper)and with the stick rub over the image. If you look at both sides of the rub on yoo can tell which side goes against the paper and which side you rub.

scrappinmy4kids
Expert
scrappinmy4kids
In response to Rowan

Me! Love them.

sglass1908
Veteran
sglass1908
In response to scrappinmy4kids

I used a rub on stitch in one of my layouts and I love it...it is very easy to use...place it where you want it and rub it on.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to sglass1908

I have used the DCWV brand. They seem to work really nicely. I am also a fan of Making Memories ones. Have used some American Crafts ones too. The only ones I've ever had huge problems with have been MAMBI glittery ones. They wouldn't release from the backing no matter how much I rubbed.

Most of them will come with an applicator... sometimes a popsicle stick looking thing. It does the job well enough, but some people swear that using a special rub-on tool makes placement even easier. This might be the "extra" piece that they were referring to.

Edited by KatieJo on 09-17-08 04:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to KatieJo

Love rub ons!! I don't use the special tool and have had no problem with them at all. I just used my fingernail to rub over them and they came off easily.

Cheryl
(Nana-to-be Jan. 2009)

Reginia
Diva
Reginia
In response to cdjohnson

I am a rub-on addict!! I use everything from a popsicle stick to a penny to put them on ahha

I use them on buttons, flowers, chipboard, directly on photos, ribbon...heck I would use them on my dog if she would stay still long enough!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 09-18-08 03:04 PM
In response to Reginia

• .Me. Said:
I am a rub-on addict!! I use everything from a popsicle stick to a penny to put them on ahha

I use them on buttons, flowers, chipboard, directly on photos, ribbon...heck I would use them on my dog if she would stay still long enough!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE rub-ons..and I too, will use just about anything to apply them...... Bo Bunny Rub-ons are my favorites, they go on so easy...I also love the glittery ones that K & Co makes.

KellyLynnsGirls
Expert
KellyLynnsGirls
In response to rtay

I am completely addicted to rub-ons!!!

a_bowen13
Expert
a_bowen13
In response to KellyLynnsGirls

I havent ever used rub ons. I'm more of thrifty scrapbooker. I try to use things I can make myself or that I can get pretty cheap. Rub ons around here aren't so cheap. Even with Coupons .

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to a_bowen13

One thing that helps, and no one has mentioned, is to cut out whatever shape it is you want to put on your page from the rest of the sheet. If you put the whole sheet down on your page, you risk the chance of a rubon coming off that you don't want to, and you've not only possibly ruined your page, but also another rubon.

Speaking from experience, of course! lol

MavsFan41
Pro
MavsFan41
In response to mariposa326

I LOVE rubons! I wouldn't be the same without them in my life!!

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to MavsFan41

I love rubons... I actually have a bone folder. it is much better then the popcicle sticks. I even make my own rubons. they are different but still nice...

AngieKT
Tenant
AngieKT
In response to pearlygadget

I just bought my first rub-on today and just used it. I LOVED it.

scrapinlove
Veteran
scrapinlove
In response to AngieKT

I use rub-ons occasionally. I usually have no problems with them and like the way they turn out!

Ma2Crzygrls
Pro
Ma2Crzygrls
In response to scrapinlove

Thanks girls! Sounds like I have to give them a try. I was down to M's the other day and they didn't have anything that I could see? The said they were in the stencil isle and the only ones they had I wasn't too impressed with. Looks like I may have to order online.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326

They have an awesome selection of rub ons here in the superstore

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• shana0608 Said:
I'm new to all this stuff so bare with me. How do they actually work? I saw these DCWV edges (type things) and it said works best with something else to help put it on? The LO's that have these in them are really cool so am thinking of picking some up and trying it out. Are there some better than others?

Thanks girls!

I love rub ons....dcwv and Basic Grey have some of the best. So does Creative Imaginations . I use a popsicle stick (standard tool that comes in the packages)

Here's one I did tonight using Creative Imaginations

Magical Memories
By Just G
Products Referenced in This Post:

kiwiholly
Expert
kiwiholly
In response to Just G

I do, but not nearly so much as I used to.

To the person who would use them on their dog...my friend and I tried to use them on ourselves once. No, it didn't work, we were going to try our fingernails, but they weren't big enough.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-21-08 05:35 AM

• shana0608 Said:
Thanks girls! Sounds like I have to give them a try. I was down to M's the other day and they didn't have anything that I could see? The said they were in the stencil isle and the only ones they had I wasn't too impressed with. Looks like I may have to order online.

You can find rub-ons in the scrpping aisles at Mikes. Whoever ou asked there probably doesn't know anything about scrapping products. Rub-Ons are usuallt just mixed in with other stuff.Like if you're looking for alphas they will be in with alpha stickers.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics