Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: A scrapbook internet mystery        (Topic#1479999)
TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH

So see this product below? It went from having 9 in stock, to being sold out and having a ton of sign ups for email notification. Our reorder arrived today and I'm checking it in.

My mystery is - why? This has been around forever, good product, but why the sudden interest? What is it being used for. It must be something other than sponge daubers right?

I've googled, no idea. I even tried putting stickles in it, they don't fit, so that's not it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to TriciaH

hmm, I am curious too as to what others might be using it for.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 09-19-08 08:49 AM
In response to lilmrmaid

Maybe to hold small embellies? Like eyelets, brads, buttons, etc?

Or for jewelry making supplies? Is it cheaper than the boxes made for jewelry crafts?

Maybe GG Loves Mathew has found a new creative use for these and posted it on her blog (gotta love that gg!!!)

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

Not for Stickles? Not interested then. The 4 reviewers all use them for the daubers. :shrugs: Still a mystery to me.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I vote for blaming GG.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

me too

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to lilmrmaid

Maybe for individual alphabet stamps?

I have a set of small alpha stamps that I store in an ammo box I got from the sporting store (it's a little plastic divided box).

How big are the little sections? Would cat-eye inks fit in them?

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH
In response to Bxr-Linda

Cat-eyes won't fit in them. Its tiny, like smaller than your pinkie finger in depth.

Maybe the tiny stamps...

GG, speak up, is it you? LOL!

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to TriciaH

I was just telling my friend about this case.
I've been waiting to buy it.
I love those little finger daubers.
I have one for black, one brown and one that I wash for other colors. But would love to get more.

...maybe people have built up their supplies and they're buying it for what it was made????

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 09-19-08 02:33 PM
In response to gayle3131

Maybe people just THINK Stickles will fit? You really can't tell how big it is from the pic. Somebody might think they've found the ultimate Stickles storage and be really disappointed when it arrives. I dunno!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Ami G

I just discovered those little finger daubers (reviewed the large one two days ago, in fact). I don't have enough yet to want the box, but I see it in my future.

Very interesting mystery indeed!

Cindy

scrapinlove
Veteran
scrapinlove
In response to cindy312

I wonder if it would work for small embellies? I hate when my brads get all mixed up!

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH
In response to Ami G

• Ami G Said:
Maybe people just THINK Stickles will fit? You really can't tell how big it is from the pic. Somebody might think they've found the ultimate Stickles storage and be really disappointed when it arrives. I dunno!

Ugh, I hope not. Then they will all return them because stickles does not fit in this. Although I am on the hunt for the perfect stickle storage box. When I find it and get it in the store, I will definately post about it (well, after I buy one for myself LOL!)

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to TriciaH

I had to make my own perfect Stickles container but still would like something made specifically for Stickles.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 09-19-08 03:42 PM

This is a good one:

used here: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/other/1 710243.ht...

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to Ami G

Can you email the buyers of the 9 that were in stock adn ask themhow they're going to use it?

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 09-19-08 05:48 PM
In response to scrappinmac

If it's not GG, then it must be the lady from Germany - Yosimite, maybe? She has GREAT stuff on her blog!!!! Good excuse to practice my German, too

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to TriciaH

• TriciaH Said:
  • Ami G Said:

Ugh, I hope not. Then they will all return them because stickles does not fit in this. Although I am on the hunt for the perfect stickle storage box. When I find it and get it in the store, I will definately post about it (well, after I buy one for myself LOL!)

Ooh!! I can't wait for this to happen!!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to TriciaH

• TriciaH Said:
  • Ami G Said:

Here is what I am using for mine.

they fit perfectly.

Products Referenced in This Post:

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to lilmrmaid

I bought some Martha stewart glitter sets today. they are three in a pack... think thats what they could be using them for?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics