Page 3 of 574 
Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Have you heard from Carrie? She had an appt. with her lawyer today, I wonder how that went.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Check out my siggie.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Marlene! Great siggy!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

So what are you ladies up to tonight?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

I'm working on a heritage page. I've never done one before.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Oh, that sounds fun! I am going to hopefully work on some ATC's and inchies tonight for a swap. Also, I am very excited about this, but have you ladies checked out Vintage Me's Gallery? It is amazing! Well, today I PMed her to see if she would swap an ATC with me and she said yes. I am totally excited for this! I am in love with her work and can't wait to see it in real life!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm here now, too.

1. What is your name? Vivian (Vivian will always be in my username here)

2. When is your birthday? January 9th

3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? Tim for the past 17 years married and 2 additional years prior.

4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages?
Krystal, 24, married to Mike with two boys of their own (Bradley 4.5 and Blake 3) and Eric, 16, at home being home schooled.

5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? I go through spells with various tools but bling of any sort has been a constant factor in my scrapping. Any bling in general but Stickles in particular.

6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? I'm trying to start up a scrapbooking hosting business. Hope to be fully up and operational by the beginning of next year, sooner if possible. Otherwise I stay busy with family and friends. I live a life of leisure. which really means I'm available to help in any crisis or whatever, my time isn't my own.

7. What do I hope to gain? I've gotten lazy in my scrapping and need some accountability.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Vivian loves BLING

YAY! I'm so excited to see you! Do you still have Bradley?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I just checked out that Vintage Me gallery. I would love to be able to pile that much stuff on a page and make it look fabulous. Lesley really should see that gallery, all that antiquie ephemera.

The spell checker does not like my made up words. This is a new art form, we have to explain stuff some way.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Marlene, about your siggie, "The surest way for a project to go wrong is to have only one piece of the perfect paper." I learned something cool/neat Monday.

The lady at Scraper's Dream in Summerville, SC shared it with me and some other ladies there. She selected a beautiful sheet of paper that had a floral pattern in one corner. The flowers were obviously trimmed out and adhered with pop dots, with the flower edges inked/chalked.

Okay, no biggie, I've seen this countless times. Well, I was floored when she said she only used that one sheet of pp. She had used a lighter shade of solid cardstock for the matting of the photo but she also used it for the back part of the corner where the floral pattern was. After adhering the cardstock to the back of the corner, she used pop dots to adhere the flowers she had cut out from that same location! How clever is that? No waste. She said she inked the edges to not only hide the flaws where she cut but to cover up the white core of most pp.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Yes, I still have Bradley and plan to take him back Sunday.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

VIV!!!!! I am so glad to see you here!!!!!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

That is such a cool trick. I have never thought of doing that.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

When my kids were about Bradley's age, if I wanted them to sit quietly for a little while I'd give them craft magnets. They are strong enough to attract and repel, are fun to fool around with, easy to transport and cheap enough that if they lost one, so what?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I thought it was great! It kinda frees me up with the single sheet problems.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Is there a way to get this to refresh itself without going back a page?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Bradley is what I call high maintenance. He wants/needs constant attention. Not one to entertain himself, wants to be watched when he's doing something by himself even. Good thing he's so cute and funny.

Been working with him on the following"

Anything over 2 WHYs is rude. One WHY is always good, two okay but after that it's rude and/or annoying.

NEVER tell the driver how to drive. Yes, at 4 he's already a backseat driver. After telling him that his Papa (my dh) doesn't even tell me how to drive, he certainly can't.

It is usually rude to say "I don't like THAT!" Especially when not even trying it. So he's now saying, "I don't want any" or get this one..."I'll like when I'm older." He came up with that one since I kept telling him he'll like it when he's older.

Not to say "I can't do that" without trying. Plus I'd never tell him to do something he's not capable of.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
Is there a way to get this to refresh itself without going back a page?

Press [F5] button at the top of your keyboard.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Marlene, did you save this thread to your favorites?

I have my favorite threads here at Sb.c as my home page on my web browser. I just refresh it to see if there are any new posts.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I'm trying to ink some letters, I always find it difficult to do with curvy pieces. Do you have a trick for that?

Viv when you get your scrap place set up want me to come and teach a class? What are you calling it?

Page 3 of 574 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics