Page 4 of 574 
Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Vivian loves BLING

NSo he's now saying, "I don't want any" or get this one..."I'll like when I'm older." He came up with that one since I kept telling him he'll like it when he's older.

I really did lol when I read that.

Leesa, is Noah saying any words yet?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to scrap4brains

Ok, so I updated the first post. Will you ladies please check it over to see if it all looks right? I do plan on adding more to it once we get rolling more.

Also, I was thinking that when we have challenges that we could take turns posting them in the blog instead of crowding up the thread with them. What do you think?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrap4brains Said:
I'm trying to ink some letters, I always find it difficult to do with curvy pieces. Do you have a trick for that?

Viv when you get your scrap place set up want me to come and teach a class? What are you calling it?

Calling it "Scrapbooking Sanctuary."

Trick for inking curves? Hmm. You should know I'm not much on inking anything. I do find that if I place the paper right up along the edge of my desk/table and apply the ink pad to it (with something covering the corner, even if it's blue painting tape), I have better control of the inking than any other way I've tried.

Sure, what class would you like to teach? I can't pay you anything but food and a good time.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Yes, Noah is actually saying a lot of words. He also does a lot of signing. He probably says 15-20 words and does about 6-8 signs.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I added "Circle of Friends" to my favorite artist and favorite blogger. This way anything new will get emailed to me.

Hosting individual challenges in blogs will be interesting.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

What do you mean interesting? Is that in a bad way? I have no problem hosting all of the challenges actually. I'd actually love it! lol Although, I would love ideas from you guys on what challenges to do.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Amigosa

Not interesting in any bad way.

I've done some things through blogs, like prayer requests and even a Bible study here. The only down side is that you can't do clickable links in the posts/comments to blogs. You can cut and paste but nothing clickable.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

Hmmm.... Nothing clickable... that stinks.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

I like the idea of rotating it, there will be someone who won't want to so you can take those Leesa. Ok? I'll bet Viv's has bling. I just got a pm from Lesley she's in. I am so happy about that, she has great work, love the Aussie tone and I really like her. I feel the same you about you, Viv and Leesa.

I'm going to sign off for a while. The puppy is sleeping on my feet (my computer sits on a dorm fridge so I'm standing) and it's hard to get to the keyboard. I guess I could just move her but she looks so precious.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

What would be cool or handy to do is add whatever layouts we ask critique for into CoF's favorites. This way by clicking to the faves there, all the images could be found.

With the following categories:

Favorite
This Inspired Me
This Made Me Laugh
Quite Innovative
This Warmed My Heart
So Cute!

Each could be for specific things. I use Innovative for only scraproom images that refer to. Nothing scrappy, only rooms. The other categories I don't use as much, just Favorites (where I plan to scraplift later) and Innovative for room and organizing.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Well, have any of you ever used tinyurl.com? You can go to there and enter a long url and then click tiny and it makes it shorter. It's super cool!

Like this... http://tinyurl.com/3pm5d5

That way it is shorter and we can just copy and paste it into our browser.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Night Marlene!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
What would be cool or handy to do is add whatever layouts we ask critique for into CoF's favorites. This way by clicking to the faves there, all the images could be found.

With the following categories:

Favorite
This Inspired Me
This Made Me Laugh
Quite Innovative
This Warmed My Heart
So Cute!

Each could be for specific things. I use Innovative for only scraproom images that refer to. Nothing scrappy, only rooms. The other categories I don't use as much, just Favorites (where I plan to scraplift later) and Innovative for room and organizing.

That is a GREAT idea!!!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

Love the first page, nice job. You'll have to give me lessons on how to do all that blogging stuff. Night.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Good night, Marlene. I won't be far behind. This little boy has me wiped again!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I will start the first challenge. I'm thinking it will be for the rest of this month and due November 1st?

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

hey ladies, i know you guys, lol
i would so love to join ya, here's my info:

1. What is your name?
Rachel
2. When is your birthday?
Oct 11
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? DH/Kelly
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages?
1 DD/She is almost 3
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item?
Chalk!
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies?
I love baking, reading with my daughter, reading, and doing crosswords
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group?
I want to continue forming new friendships and love to receive genuine, constructive criticism on my work.

Circle of Friends
Resident
Circle of Friends
In response to rachelk

Yay Rachel!!!!!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Circle of Friends

Hey, Rachel.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Circle of Friends

Sorry Rachel, that was me! lol I was updating the first sheet.

Page 4 of 574 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics