Page 5 of 574 
Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Circle of Friends

• Circle of Friends Said:
Yay Rachel!!!!!!!!

i soooo have some catching up to do already!
super excited to be here everyone!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Yes, Noah is actually saying a lot of words. He also does a lot of signing. He probably says 15-20 words and does about 6-8 signs.

thats awesome, i love seeing them sign! i think many people forget that signing is more natural to them at first, it helps them communicate what they cannot say.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

I am very thankful that we taught Noah signs because he was able to let us know what he wanted or needed before he was able to tell us. They can learn to sign way before they can learn to control their vocal cords.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

We (dd and I) couldn't get Bradley to sign. We had him tested to make sure there wasn't any medical reasons he wasn't talking. Then a year ago, at 3.5 he started talking and hasn't shut up yet.

I tried to teach him "thank you" in sign language but he'd turn his head away. Wouldn't say it or sign it. Nothing. But his hearing was fine, nothing wrong with throat or vocal cords or tongue.

Now he talks so fast at times, I have to make him slow down and he gets impatient with me.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

yep, thats why most of them act out at that age, they cant communicate what they want! i would get frustrated too, awesome job teaching him, great choice.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
We (dd and I) couldn't get Bradley to sign. We had him tested to make sure there wasn't any medical reasons he wasn't talking. Then a year ago, at 3.5 he started talking and hasn't shut up yet.

I tried to teach him "thank you" in sign language but he'd turn his head away. Wouldn't say it or sign it. Nothing. But his hearing was fine, nothing wrong with throat or vocal cords or tongue.

Now he talks so fast at times, I have to make him slow down and he gets impatient with me.

we BEG them to talk, and then we BEG them to stop talking! too funny viv, some kids will just do whatever when they are ready, and no sooner!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • Vivian loves BLING Said:

we BEG them to talk, and then we BEG them to stop talking! too funny viv, some kids will just do whatever when they are ready, and no sooner!

LOL Rachel, isn't that soooo right! Viv- some kids are just so stubborn!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

so, is it cool if i totally thread jack tomorrow morning like always, lol?

hi viv
goodnite marlene

i miss lesley and carrie has anyone heard from them today?

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Amigosa

Well, I am going to go clean up the kitchen and then go to bed. Night ladies!

I am sooooooooo excited about our new group!!! I really want this to be a group for all of us and we all get to vote on how its run.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Well, I am going to go clean up the kitchen and then go to bed. Night ladies!

I am sooooooooo excited about our new group!!! I really want this to be a group for all of us and we all get to vote on how its run.

me too, cant wait to GET BUSY, were gonna rack up the pages girls!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to rachelk

I'm still very much a part of the GRC. None of you dropped that did ya?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Going to bed. Good night.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to scrap4brains

boy ladies you sure are chatty tonight. When I left, I was on page 2, now there are 4 pages. I had to go make supper. We were having meatloaf, I was just starting to mix it up when Krystal came running upstairs that one of her hermit crabs was dead. He had mites. So we had to clean the aquarium and boil all the bowl and plants to kill the bugs and then give all the hermies baths until there were no bugs on them. They are a huge pain in the butt.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
this is fun. Yvonne, I'm so glad you found us.
Are you surprised?

surprised about what??

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
Check out my siggie.

great siggy

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Oh, that sounds fun! I am going to hopefully work on some ATC's and inchies tonight for a swap. Also, I am very excited about this, but have you ladies checked out Vintage Me's Gallery? It is amazing! Well, today I PMed her to see if she would swap an ATC with me and she said yes. I am totally excited for this! I am in love with her work and can't wait to see it in real life!!!

wow that is an awesome gallery, I will have to go check it out more later tonight.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

• scrap4brains Said:
I'm trying to ink some letters, I always find it difficult to do with curvy pieces. Do you have a trick for that?

Viv when you get your scrap place set up want me to come and teach a class? What are you calling it?

I use a small stiff paint brush dabbed with ink. It seems to get into corners I can't get the ink pad to go.

Yeah Viv, what you calling your space??

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Ok, so I updated the first post. Will you ladies please check it over to see if it all looks right? I do plan on adding more to it once we get rolling more.

Also, I was thinking that when we have challenges that we could take turns posting them in the blog instead of crowding up the thread with them. What do you think?

sounds good to me

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

ok, I am acu.

I feel like I have bugs crawling on me now. But there aren't, it is just the idea. Just like if you know someone has lice, you feel like you have bugs crawling on you. I know being a cosmetologist and we were going to school, we had a customer come in and I went to shampoo her hair and she had so many bugs crawling in her hair and on her neck I freaked out and started screaming. I was just nuts all day thinking the bugs were crawling on me, I made the instructor check my hair everyday for a week to make sure none got on me. EWWWW

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Where is everyone tonight??

Page 5 of 574 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics