Page 6 of 574 
Username Post: Circle of Friends Critique Group (Closed/Active)        (Topic#1480733)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

I know I asked this before on the other group, but I will ask again because it would be too hard to go back and look through all the post.

What is everyones fave color???

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

G'Day Everyone - guess who?

To those who supported me when I really needed it THANKS I really appreciate what everyone has done, have missed you heaps.

Would love to be part of this group and look forward to, well, being able to have fun and share our work.

1. What is your name? Lesley
2. When is your birthday? August 19
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Bob. We have been married for 37 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have 2 daughters, Erin (30) and Katie (26).
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Basic Grey Paper but I love it all really. Love to use ink a lot and enjoy embossing, and of course flowers and cutting around elements on pp.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am retired and love it although miss the company of work mates. I do quilting, go for long walks on our very long beach, love reading and talking to friends on the phone.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Help to improve my style and technique but at the same time, make lots of friends from around the world.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I know I asked this before on the other group, but I will ask again because it would be too hard to go back and look through all the post.

Hi Yvonne, my fav is blue with Lime Green a close 2nd.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to slywalker

alrighty thanks

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to lilmrmaid

Hey Girls! I'm here, just had such a busy day. I will fill out my stuff tomorrow.

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to Meak72

By the way, we can call this group anything we want. We didn't have to name it Circle of Friends. I have just seen other groups give themselves a name and then put the COF behind it. Like, The Funky Focker COF/CG. Please, don't feel like we have to go with that if you all have something more creative! The kookier the better for me! But, whatever man. I'm just here to have some fun!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Meak72

Hi, just on my early morning check. Glad to see all the new posts.

My favorite color is green.

And to answer Viv's question, I do not have the time to keep up with three forums so I am done with GRC. No hard feelings I just prefer to be on more equal footing. I spend so much time doing what other people want me to do that in my scraproom I'm my own boss.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
ok, I am acu.

I feel like I have bugs crawling on me now. But there aren't, it is just the idea. Just like if you know someone has lice, you feel like you have bugs crawling on you. I know being a cosmetologist and we were going to school, we had a customer come in and I went to shampoo her hair and she had so many bugs crawling in her hair and on her neck I freaked out and started screaming. I was just nuts all day thinking the bugs were crawling on me, I made the instructor check my hair everyday for a week to make sure none got on me. EWWWW

OMG!!!!!!!!Yvonne, you are a better woman than i, i would have ran for the hills if i saw something like that! EEEEEWWWWW. How in the world could someone NOT know they were so infested?!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

hhhmmmm, yvonne, to be honest it probably changes as much as i change my clothes, but i think my fave color is blue

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Meak72

• Meak72 Said:
By the way, we can call this group anything we want. We didn't have to name it Circle of Friends. I have just seen other groups give themselves a name and then put the COF behind it. Like, The Funky Focker COF/CG. Please, don't feel like we have to go with that if you all have something more creative! The kookier the better for me! But, whatever man. I'm just here to have some fun!

girl you crack me up, i LOVE it!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
G'Day Everyone - guess who?

To those who supported me when I really needed it THANKS I really appreciate what everyone has done, have missed you heaps.

Would love to be part of this group and look forward to, well, being able to have fun and share our work.

1. What is your name? Lesley
2. When is your birthday? August 19
3. Do you have a spouse/significant other? Name? My husband's name is Bob. We have been married for 37 years.
4. Do you have any children? Names? Ages? I have 2 daughters, Erin (30) and Katie (26).
5. What is your favorite scrapbook item? Basic Grey Paper but I love it all really. Love to use ink a lot and enjoy embossing, and of course flowers and cutting around elements on pp.
6. What do you do when not scrapbooking? i.e. occupation or other hobbies? I am retired and love it although miss the company of work mates.
7. What do you hope to gain by being in this group? Help to improve my style and technique but at the same time, make lots of friends from around the world.

hi lesley!!! im so glad to hear from you, i missed you and everyone else too
im so glad you checked out my new blog, its kind of still under construction because im learning (very slowly) how to add the cool stuff i want. to answer your question, no it isnt really hard, it is a little time consuming to learn, but i also have 2 little ones running around here, so its like i just get something up, and i have to go tend to them, so i forget where and what i was doing....so naturally everything i do takes longer these days!
im actually going to go update my siggi now, so i'll be back!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to rachelk

okay, siggi is UPDATED!

and, to respond to Viv, i cannot even attempt to keep up with 2 groups, it really wouldnt be fair to all the other members of either group b/c i am so scatterbrained (i blame my ADHD, i wonder how long i will get away with that excuse?!)that i would feel like cr*p if i overlooked something, or forgot about doing something i was supposed to, you know?

i will just have to gracefully bow out of GRC, my friendships built here are just so much stronger, i would miss you ladies like crazy if i couldnt talk and critique with you!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Ok, so I updated the first post. Will you ladies please check it over to see if it all looks right? I do plan on adding more to it once we get rolling more.

Also, I was thinking that when we have challenges that we could take turns posting them in the blog instead of crowding up the thread with them. What do you think?

thank you so much Leesa and Marlene for setting this group up, I know you are both busy.

Sorry to sound dumb but what do you mean by posting the challenges on the blog instead of the thread, do you mean on our own blogs sorry if that's dumb.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
ok, I am acu.

I feel like I have bugs crawling on me now. But there aren't, it is just the idea. Just like if you know someone has lice, you feel like you have bugs crawling on you. I know being a cosmetologist and we were going to school, we had a customer come in and I went to shampoo her hair and she had so many bugs crawling in her hair and on her neck I freaked out and started screaming. I was just nuts all day thinking the bugs were crawling on me, I made the instructor check my hair everyday for a week to make sure none got on me. EWWWW

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:

Has to be green for a color but anything shiny will do.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Yeah, I understand about not over-extending.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Amigosa

• Amigosa Said:
Oh, that sounds fun! I am going to hopefully work on some ATC's and inchies tonight for a swap. Also, I am very excited about this, but have you ladies checked out Vintage Me's Gallery? It is amazing! Well, today I PMed her to see if she would swap an ATC with me and she said yes. I am totally excited for this! I am in love with her work and can't wait to see it in real life!!!

Leesa thank you for bringing that site to our attention, I have seen one of her LO"s and saved to favs but had never gone through the whole gallery, I just love it so much and when you are using a lot on your pages you have to be so precise and I think she just does it so well.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • lilmrmaid Said:

Has to be green for a color but anything shiny will do.

of course...lol.

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • Amigosa Said:
Oh, that sounds fun! I am going to hopefully work on some ATC's and inchies tonight for a swap. Also, I am very excited about this, but have you ladies checked out Vintage Me's Gallery? It is amazing! Well, today I PMed her to see if she would swap an ATC with me and she said yes. I am totally excited for this! I am in love with her work and can't wait to see it in real life!!!

Leesa thank you for bringing that site to our attention, I have seen one of her LO"s and saved to favs but had never gone through the whole gallery, I just love it so much and when you are using a lot on your pages you have to be so precise and I think she just does it so well.

i meant to jump in and comment on this earlier, but i forgot....and totally agree with you girls, her stuff is AMAZINGLY gorgeous! i've had her as a buddy for a while, but havent checked out her gallery lately, she is super nice too....

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to rachelk

good morning ladies.

Page 6 of 574 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics