Username Post: is it possible        (Topic#1481783)
New Kid On the Block

is it possible or has anyone ever scrapped on the front of the scrapbook..the cover? i really want to make it special instead of just a store bought album...any ideas?
tia

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to ErinEllyse

Creative Memories and some other places do monogramming on the covers for you. I don't see why you couldn't do what you want on the cover, though. I would think the disadvantages are the need to dust (ugh) and the possibility of damaging your cover decorations as you move the book around. You would need a good adhesive.

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to johnsusan8

I agree on a good adhesive and I would limit the embellies since the book will be moved around, touched by many and so on. I've seen lots of books covered and they all look really nice...just keep things as flat as possible, just my opinion.
Good Luck and happy scrapping!

kiwiholly
Expert
kiwiholly
In response to spend2much

I've done this a couple of times. Once with very flat black and white photos, and once with a chipboard "J" and a large butterfly.

I like how they turned out, but I do agree with the people who have suggested keeping things as flat as possibly so they don't break or get damaged.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to kiwiholly

American Crafts has albums that have plain covers that can be altered. I've done them before and they turn out very nice. Just keep the embellies flat like people mentioned.
Products Referenced in This Post:

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Here Kitty

For my wedding album it had a square cutout in the center for a picture. Around the cutout I put embellishments of stickers that said love, marriage, our life together. On the left and right sides of the album I hot glued on lace and made bows out of ribbon to place in the center of each lace side that were the colors of my wedding. If you want me to, I can take a picture and post it later. Just let me know if you would like to see it.

Cheryl
(Nana-to-be Jan. 2009)

tuckerlisa
Guru
tuckerlisa
In response to cdjohnson

I've used rub ons on album covers before. It turns out really cute and they are flat!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to tuckerlisa

I do it all the time. Go for it!
I just did a Disney one for my MIL. I used some Disney embellies.

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to Richelle

Many albums come with clear "dust jackets" and if you embellie the front of the album, then slip the clear jacket back onto it and that will help protect it.

a_bowen13
Expert
a_bowen13
In response to tmmvol

I have been wanting to re-do the front of my album. It's one of those post bound albums that I bought in a kit from WM. Anybody got any suggestions?

ltlemermaid
Idol
ltlemermaid
In response to a_bowen13

I have used ribbon and flowers to decorate some of my albums. Just make sure you use a strong adhesive so it doesn't fall off. For a baby book I added ribbon along the spine of the album (6x6 size) and it was adorable-a lot of work but very cute.

Swirls R Pretty
Expert
Swirls R Pretty
In response to ltlemermaid

Surf the gallery. I've seen a couple that have been decorated with in the last day or two. They are relatively new posts so they shouldn't be that hard to find.

sankie1987
Pro
sankie1987
In response to Swirls R Pretty

i put embellies on the front of one of my showchoir books they were made of medal so they were heavy i just hot gule them on and put the plastic covery thing back on it worked great

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics