Username Post: Experienced faves        (Topic#1482037)
gmanscrap
Veteran
gmanscrap

OK, based on just working on my first LO's and projects, I've already identified some deficiencies. My wimpy little adhesive tape runner is not going to suffice. I need a good quality "mac daddy" adhesive tape runner. Also, I've been shopping around for embellies and they are all so pricey. What are y'all's (yes, I'm from Texas) takes on the best "bang for your buck". I also need an awesome "light/white" writer. I have ZIG writers, but nothing light enough to show up on dark card stock. I appreciate all your experience and input!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to gmanscrap

Creative Memories has some nice metallic pens that will show up.

kdkaboom55
Idol
kdkaboom55
In response to johnsusan8

They sell Signo white pens at the superstore here on sb.com , that are awesome!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to johnsusan8

Signo uniball is the best white pen out there. As for inexpensive embellishments, you can hand-cut things from cardstock. Also check craft and sewing stores- you can often find cheap packs of sequins, rhinestones, etc. that aren't specifically made for scrapbooking. For completely free embellishments, pick up a pen and doodle!

Cindy
Products Referenced in This Post:

gmanscrap
Veteran
gmanscrap
In response to cindy312

Thanks to you, all! I really appreciate the information!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to kdkaboom55

The ATGs are definitely not wimpy adhesives:

I really love my Sakura pens. They'll show up on any papers as long as the colors aren't too close to the same shade. The whites show up on dark papers no problem.

I'm a die cut/punch out gal. So a Wishblade and/or Cricut is a must or Sizzix or Cuttlebug.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

And Stickles. These are just some of them on the market. These are best glitter glue available!
Products Referenced in This Post:

gmanscrap
Veteran
gmanscrap

OK, another 2 questions? Has anyone ever purchased "e-cuts" die cutting from sb.com ? What were the results like? Equal to or better than using a machine? Also, what do you think are the best Glue Dots /mini Glue Dots out there?

Thanx!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to gmanscrap

I keep forgetting I've got E-Cuts . Sadly, alot of times the images just don't go with what I consider my simpler style but they've worked great for gift albums I've made for others.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous

My favorite...

adhesives:
Adtech from Walmart (adhesive runner)
Mod Podge (decoupage gel)
Dollar Tree (pop dots)
Zots (adhesive dots)

white/light pens:
Signo Uniball White
Sharpie White Poster Paint Pen (no longer available)
Sakura Souffle (white plus other colors)

embellishments:
naked chipboard, ribbon, and stamps are my favorite embellishments along with flock, glitter, paint, ink, pens, markers, chalk, distressing tools, etc. etc. With some basic supplies (chipboard, ribbon, stamps, and a die cut machine if you have one, but I don't), you can make infinite, perfectly coordinating embellishments for your projects. I recommend these base items. Buying these items in some sort of bulk (for example, variety packs of chipboard or even Fancy Pants naked chipboard, which is varied and very well priced) will save you a lot of money and offer a lot of fun when you create your own embellishments. Alter list to suit your needs and likes.

felt
die cut machine
naked chipboard
acrylic paint
transparencies
inks and chalks
pens, pencils, markers
embossing tools
distressing tools
glitter
flock
mod podge
cardstock, patterned paper
bling
stamps (buy generic stamps, not specific ones, so you can use them over and over)
stickles
paper and silk flowers

The list goes on and on. But if you're ever tempted to buy expensive felt die cuts, chipboard letters, journaling cards, pre stiched designs, glitter shapes... remember that it's a whole lot cheaper to make them for yourself! With a little practice and some investment in some basic supplies (a can of mod podge, a variety of acrylic paints, and a few tins of glitter will cost under $30 and last pretty much forever), I find myself making designers stuff that's more versatile and much cheaper.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to annoniemous

I have a cricut expression for most of my lettering. I catch the clearance stuff at Archivers or Walmart, mostly for stickers and embellis. And the Uniball Signo writer is definately the best.

Craftnangel
Guru
Craftnangel
In response to Just G

Hi and Welcoome...In regards to your Embellie's ?.. I would shop around. As you see deals/Sales then by them. i have the same problem you do. I cant always aford all the cool Embellies that they have out there. But I do by them as I Know I will use it on a page that Im going to do. I think that saves a little money..

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics